1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Films Juno

Discussion in 'General' started by UncertainGod, 26 Feb 2008.

1. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

[​IMG]

Just finished watching this film after reading up a bit on Diablo Cody the writer and I have to admit it is the most impressive piece of character writing I have ever seen in a film, especially one so light-hearted. Without a doubt the most deserved Oscar win this year.

Anyone else seen this yet?

Did you think such a story could provide you with such a happy feeling?

I hate feel good movies as a rule but I absolutely adore this film, I can't wait to see what "The united states of Tara" will be like (Diablo Cody's next project, which is being turned into a tv show)

Last edited: 19 Jan 2009
  2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

It's an awesome film. The soundtrack is simply awesome. I wish there were more crazy people like that in the world... Although then I would almost fit in... Which I don't like doing...

3. Major

Major Guest

Story about a pregnant girl and a bloke in gay clothes, not my kind of thing. :D

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I've seen the ads/traillers, and it looks pretty good, and from what i here, it is good, shall have to plan a visit to my local cinema and view it.

SAm

5. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

no, it's much, much more than that. go see it. it really is a great movie.

6. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

her voice really pissed me off, what i heard anyway, in trailers and stuff, i wanted to punch her in the face. (obviously i wouldnt do it though)

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Best movie I've seen all year, and I expect it to keep that title for most of the year.

8. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

Ive wanted to go see this but have never got round to it yet. Wasn't there a big hype over the way it portrayed teenage pregnancy somewhere?

9. Firehed

It's an interesting story that was told very well. I'm sure that it being about a taboo subject got a lot of people to see it in the first place, but I think word of mouth took it a long way.

10. Major

Major Guest

I know, I was just being a bit cocky. :)

I might see it. And I still think She needs to stop dressing up in male clothing, she could actually be quite hot. ;)

11. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I quite liked it, Juno was well acted and the story was quite interesting.

12. will.

Eugh... So visually impaired!

She is hot. Made even hotter by the character personality she played (in my opinion)

If you were given the choice between:

Girl with enough makeup on to fill a kids sandbox wearing high heels that make her walk like she needs a pee, some silly little dress that really she might as well have left at home, carrying a little handbag just for her phone and smoking a *** (cigarette for all you Americans)

OR

Girl with a cool fitted shirt and baggy combats with no makeup (or at least not visible) smoking a pipe.

Or even better!

Girl wearing a baggy shirt and boxers, just out of bed, no makeup, messy hair, smells of old eggs.

I'd go for 2 and/or 3 every time :D

And I can't stand people who say lol or omg out loud... I even have a problem with people using it on MSN (and forums). A really hot girl who (I had no chance with anyway if I'm honest - but that's beside the point) said O-Muh-Guh the other day while talking and even though she was hot, my brain instantly made up my mind that she was a retarded little gutter rat with the brain of a dead brainless peanut and therefore: not hot anymore. Made it easier to speak to her I suppose, but only confirmed my brains original conclusion.

13. Major

Major Guest

She wears blokes jeans and shirts, maybe if she had one a nice fitted pair of jeans, which a proper top, she would look a lot better. She is hot (to an extent), but she doesn't really show it good at all.

14. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

oh dear god! You nasty, nasty, disgusting man!

15. Firehed

Can't comment on smelling of old eggs (???), but I quite liked how she looked in the film. Then again, I don't obsess over clothing.

16. will.

Think about that though... If you see a girl like that it's either a family member or she spent the night in your bed :p

17. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

If a family member smells of old eggs tell them to get their dirty a$$ in the shower.

If the girl you woke up with smells of old eggs, go visit the doctor asap and get yourself checked out.

Baggy clothes are for young teens, it looks a little trashy on adults - in public anyway, anything goes at home, but you gotta make your self look & smell half decent when you go out - unless it's a quick thing like picking up a pizza or a charcoal chicken or something like that. If i was a celebrity the paprazzi would pwn me too easily.
    I find it amusing when i see fake/trashy/superficial girls all dressed up, plastered with make-up, just to go shopping to find more shoes, clothes & make-up, and then they say stuff like "I need new clothes, mine are old"
    Um, the only few times you wore them was when you were going shopping...

18. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

dude...wtf! :D

19. will.

Does nobody watch Scrubs!? It's morning breath!

20. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

I liked it, always managed to drag itself back when it was in danger of becoming way to cheesy. Also used a good juxtaposition between overly slick dialogue and genuine angsty moments, never as in your face as say something 'Brick'.

Tags: