1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Virtual Jihadi game exhibition closed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

great that we live in a world with democracy where you can say what you want!
    Oh wait......

3. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

"The Sanctuary for Independent Media" isn't much of a sanctuary... I think what he's doing is perfectly reasonable and has a valid point. Very closed minded of them to shut him down.

4. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

you can say anything as long as it doesn't conflict with western (or bushs) views

5. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

cjoyce do you not mean the opposite?? bush isnt offended by it

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

very interesting. never really thought about things this way, but yeh. sorry, too tired to make coherent valuable comments!

7. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Can we set up the paintball experiment again, this time with live ammo?

8. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Sad thing is, you take the insurgent/terrorist speeches which say, "Allah" this and "Allah" that, and the take the same equivilant US speeches for *fighting* terrorism, upholding law or official doctrine, most also refer to "God" this and "God".

Hell, swap "God" for "Allah" and vice versa and who's who, then? Same f*ckin deal -- both people using religion as an excuse to be sh*tty to one another and blow the hell out of each other.

9. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

theres a big difference between goin into a group of people strapped with explosives and blowin the **** outa urself and 25 others and sending an army into a violatile area. Dnt condone what the US do but even thinkin terrorism is just is redicilious

10. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

^^ i agree but my main point is that both sides use the draconian, antiquated notion of religion as a means to validate their behaviour. Both sides are wrong; but their belief in their 'gods' upholds their morality.

And buddy from the article, while perhaps trying to illustrate this, is going to have it backfire heavily, living in a very conservative, neo-christian state.

11. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

But not a lot of difference dropping "smart" bombs into a civilian area and blowing up more than 25 people and hoping you got a terrorist.

12. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

very nice reply.

thank Allah, bush is out of the office soon...

13. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

QFT! :thumb:

Though, if we're not careful we'll end up with John "Bombbomb" McCain.

I think the fact that his exhibit was shut down is the greatest admission that he is telling the truth!

14. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

freedom of expresion: fine, fine, but in the same vein i also think the venues hosting his exhibit should have the freedom to close it down if those so desire. You can't have one without the other.

personally, i think this is quite tasteless :(

15. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

even if the point is valid, the method of delivery is tasteless.

best way to end all the crap is to simply irradiate the sites they're all fighting over and give them a 25,000 year 'timeout'

16. HitmanAdski

HitmanAdski What's a Dremel?

These are the people that hate western society and culture, they give no rights to women or children. It's fair to express your opinion, I just can't bring myself to let these people have their way, they bomb the twin towers first then London, Bali twice... and we are just supposed to support their views and allow them to keep going?

If it where any other group in the world I wouldn't give a rat’s ass... but not from terrorists who kill innocent to, as the name suggests, terrorise. Perhaps if they targeted the leader or commander that approved the orders rather than YOU or ME or YOUR FAMILY just going about everyday business.

17. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

No, they don't hate western society and culture, what they hate is having it shoved down their throat on the barrel of a gun. What they hate is seeing their co-religionists forcibly displaced from their homes and forced into slums by an occuping force supported by the rest of the world (Isreal). What they hate is the western world continuing to oppress them while taking their oil. What they hate is seeing Muslim countries invaded for no good reason by western nations while the world stands by and cheers (Iraq and Afganistan).

If you quit sucking on the propaganda tit for moment and took a look at who the "terrorists" are and why they fight, you might realize that in the same circumstances you would do the same thing.

18. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

And let Me guess, Osama Bin Laden is a Muslim freedom fighter and not a terrorist bent on world conquest, Starting with Iraq and Afghanistan? Problem is Osama doesn't support the very Freedom You love, If You aren't a Muslim and a Supporter of His cause, Then You are to be exterminated like vermin just like He does to everybody at the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, He and Al-Qaeda are the Enemy, Now I'm not anti muslim or what not, These people believe in preparing for the afterlife and that anything or anyone that's not helping is in the way of that goal, As Islam is to them the only religion that deserves to live as the other religions deserve non existence, Peacenik protesters and all. But then at least We all know now that Bush didn't Lie, Saddam lied to the World and Everyone important believed what Saddam said, Saddam just wanted to keep the Iranians at bay as He never thought that the US would invade and so President Bush as Commander in Chief did what He thought was the only possible course of action left after all the stone walling that Saddam Husseins officials were dishing out back then. Bush is/was just doing what the President is called upon by the US Constitution to do, Bush didn't need a declaration of War to use the Military and since He did consult with the US Congress no laws in this regard were violated, Now I do agree with Senator John McCain that Rumsfeld wasn't doing what He should of and that mistakes due to a lack of planning happened, Why the mistakes? The invasion was most likely rushed so that would explain the mistakes and other stupid moves after the fact(No securing of military ammunition dumps, vehicles or buildings with documents in them w/MPs[Military Police]). In any case I'd rather in a time of War(Declared or Not It's still Wartime) a Person in there Who knows the Military and doesn't have to take time to learn the job like Abraham Lincoln did, Oh and some had said that the casualties were too high, They don't even equal Iwo Jima or even close yet as just over 20,000 US Marines died in that battle over about 3 weeks against the Imperial Japanese Army, So the present amount of casualties is something a commander would prefer, I might add that commanders would like No casualties better But that still is so far impossible and is a fact of life in a War Zone People die and have been dying since War was invented, Casualties can and will happen, Training and maybe some good luck will help most survive a firefight as the objective is not to be a Hero, That's the other guys job and usually Heros are Dead people. Of course a Military draw down from 2 million soldiers didn't help either.

19. zoom314

zoom314 Minimodder

Just an Edit folks.

20. pumpman

pumpman Minimodder

QFT, its been happening since the crusades, there are extremists in every society, extreme christians, extreme catholics etc, etc, ever heard of Northern Ireland didn't see anyone like the US storming Ireland to free them from the Tyranny of the British Government, Didn't see the Marines invade England to free Scotland, I know I'm being glib but you get the point. As it was, the American Government already had bases in the UK thanks to a stipulation from Roosevelt during WW2, the only reason America got involved at all was Pearl Harbour,not because it wanted to help the UK, it was even doing deals with Germany before it got involved. America goes where it serves its own agenda nothing else. This is not a slight on the American citizens, just it's government.

Tags: Add Tags