1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U Super Smash Bro. Brawl (WFC) Rant

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by themax, 25 Mar 2008.

1. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

This not to really talk about the gameplay itself or anything like that but mostly about the online. I am giving you guys a heads up, that as far North American goes, if you guys have seen any of the recent articles on it; Nintendo's WFC for Smash Bros. Brawl is absolute ****. Today was the last straw for me. It's unplayable online, be it Random (an acceptable problem due to the large amount of people trying to play) or even against Friends. Playing against friends via friend code is what broke the camels back for me. Just today we played the most lag ridden match I have ever countered online to date. The game was literally still for up to 5 (and sometimes more) seconds before our characters made another move. Bear in mind we've played online before at nearly lagless speeds only once out of the 10 times we've tried this.

Hell at times it's like the WFC for the game doesn't even know when your friends are online. I will have connected, and made a room, yet my buddy on the phone tells me he does not see the room, or that I am online. We both have to reconnect, 2,3 up to 4 times just for the game to realize that both of us are on WFC for Brawl. It's ridiculous how unprepared Nintendo seemed to be for online gaming with Brawl. I hope they resolve it soon, because Smash Bros. Brawl is a perfect game; when you aren't playing online.

2. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

nice, kali even worked better than that. and with a 14.4k modem.

3. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

themax, that sound that Nintendo servers for your area has problem, you should contact Nintendo.
    I never had any problems with Brawl online, except for the first 2 days after it was released, form Nintendo: the demand was too great for my area, and the servers were overloaded... the problem is fixed now.

You should also check your wireless connection strength (just to make sure), you would like to have a pretty good one specially when it comes to online game (this applies for wireless computers in PC gaming)

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I think that Nintendo are trying to do too much too fast, they should have trialled the Wii WFC with a game that was bigger then Mario Football.

5. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Doubt it's the Wireless connection. My PS3 and Xbox 360 (which are right next to the Wii) connect online with next to no lag. I can play Warhawk or CoD4 without lag, yet the Wii seems to have a hard time playing Brawl online without any lag. But it's only related to Brawl, I can connect to the VC and get games and they download normally at good speeds =(. I will give it some more time and try palying online again, bit I am really just too frustrated now to want to because of the amount of lag we experience.

6. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

This is surprising for me, Nintendo have always been well-spoken-of for their easy plug-and-play technology. 'Spect they'll resolve it eventually, Live was the same (i.e. hopeless) when it first started. Be patient.

7. superpooper

superpooper What's a Dremel?

No... the nintendo wifi multiplayer will always suck :(

Thankfully :) I love nintendo, and don't care about wifi multiplayer :D I have friends to play with.

8. xaxaz

xaxaz What's a Dremel?

As far as I see it's impossible for Nintendo to fix any issues with Brawl WFC simply because it's not WiiConnect24 compatible thus making patches impossible. I don't know what Nintendo's problem is but they need to get their act together for Online Gaming, they even said at one point "Our online service isn't for hardcore gamers...", which brings up the question "What's the point?". The WFC service is far inferior to that of the Dreamcast Online back when it came out, at least those games had DLC, Patches, real Multiplayer and an MMO (PSO).

9. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

true that. the wii online feels like a step backwards, which is a shame, because i'd love for it to be a little more advanced. and stable.

10. Major

Major Guest

Hmm, I've read many people's opinions about this and they say that the WFC on SSBB is awesome...

MKW's is pretty lagless 100% of the time.

11. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Still comes down to being too restrictive, I may get SSBB but probably will use teamspeak or skype to talk to people at the same time. That and there's going to be a whole new slew of friends codes :'(

12. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I typically chat with all my friends while playing SSBM using CoD4 on Xbox360. Sad...we have to augment our Wii online experience with Xbox Live.

To add, the lag isn't AS frequent, but we still get it. I stopped playing random matches all together after my first week with the game.

13. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

i'd love to have some kind of chat i have control over in online wii games. either some kind of pictochat style... thing. or voice chat. either would be great, but as it stands, i'm on the same route as a couple of you, using the 360 to chat while playing on the wii instead :/

14. DeanW

DeanW What's a Dremel?

I agree, stupid amount of games on Wii atm, most of them arnt worth the money at all

Tags: