1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making a wrist strap

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Major, 28 Mar 2008.

1. Major

Major Guest

Right...

So I got a nice neck strap with my G9, but who uses a neck strap these days anyway? So it's useless to me, and although I could just go out and buy a wrist strap, I'd rather recycle the Canon leather strap into a wrist strap.

It's prolly quite easy, but I'm wondering if there is someone on the internet/bit -tech who has already done it?

TIA

2. Vers

Vers ...

*ahem*...I use neck straps...although most of the time I do not use it around my neck, rather wrapped around my wrist or slung around my forearm. If you've got an old P&S with one on it, you could just use that.

3. Major

Major Guest

Yeah I have an old Sony, with a neck strap. :D

Actually, considering I'm not using the Wii atm (waiting for SSB + MK), I just took the wrist strap off of the Wiimote and it works perfectly. ;)

4. NoahFuLing

NoahFuLing What's a Dremel?

I usually just wrap the neck strap around my hand. :p It's cheap and instant.

I was considering buying this: http://store.made-products.com/products/safegrip-strap-for-slr, but my hands are still pretty strong right now, so I think I have a while until I lose grip power in my hands, depending on how fast my hands degrade.

What I usually use is this: http://optechusa.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=4&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=
    It's great! You take a picture, then just let go. It drops to your chest, and when you want to take another picture, just pick it right back up again. Although it's definitely nerdy, I find that you don't notice the camera after a while, and it feels like a natural part of your motions. The best part about it is that you can bend over/move around without fear of it swinging and hitting something.

5. Starfighter

Starfighter What's a Dremel?

I've essentially made one of these out of an old piece of strapping I found about the house, perhaps not as elegant or padded as the one above, but very useful when I don't want a large strap dangling everywhere, or running around with EOS (== mug me!) stamped all over me.

[​IMG]