1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Rogue (NZXT Rogue SFF) It lives! Aug 13, '08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by craigbru, 28 Feb 2008.

1. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

simple, more of something else in there!

2. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

This is one of the sickest SFF case mods I've ever seen! Amazingly clean work man :rock::rock::rock:

3. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Thanks man!

4. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

it's beyond my understanding that this log had 'just' 4 stars. With my added vote, that is now rectified :thumb:

5. craigbru

Bah, I think the forum ate my post last night... either that, or I was too tired to remember to hit the 'Post' button. :duh: Anyway, here is what should have been posted last night...

I've got a small update here. Family obligations kept me from getting any more done, but I'll settle for any forward progress at all. Work is still continuing on the hard drive tray, and that's where I'm picking up tonight.

In the last update I had some ventilation holes marked out. Here I've got the holes cut, and filed.

[​IMG]

I'm not done with the holes yet... I've marked out where the water tubing will need to access the CPU block.

[​IMG]

Once again, all cut!

[​IMG]

Now finally, here is the tray sitting in the case. Everything seems to line up well. Now I need to get the tray mounting figured out, as well as finding a home for the Via system.

[​IMG]

Now I'm off to bed... work will continue tomorrow!

6. craigbru

Thanks man! I'll try not to let you down! :D

7. Subwoofer

Subwoofer What's a Dremel?

Sorry for the late reply...

I'm looking forwards to see those step by step pictures

8. craigbru

No problem.

I'm not sure if I have any really complex bending left, but even if I don't, I'll just take a scrap piece of aluminum and bend something anyway... :thumb:

9. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

take some scrap and bend it into a small cube. bending a cube is fairly complex

10. craigbru

I could probably make a cube. I think opposite bends close together may be more challenging. Maybe I'll give both a shot, once I'm sure I don't need to use any of the scrap on the case.

11. craigbru

I've been a slacker tonight, I'll admit it. I haven't done any modding. My CPU came in, and so I decided to fire up the system. It's a very crude setup right now, as you'll see. It's not in the case yet, but I wanted to get Windows installed on it, and all my programs in place. I'm still under a deadline here, and anything I can get done before hand, is going to save me trouble in the end. If I know the system is running when I drop it in the case, then that's going to save me a whole lot of time. Also, if there's problems, I have a little time to figure them out.

So, here are a few pics. I'll apologize in advance for the poor quality.

4 GB of Mushkin sweetness!

[​IMG]

My high dollar testbed (my counter) :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, of course it would have been a little hard to run the TEC without the case, and since I didn't have a socket 775 CPU cooler, I had to improvise. Here you'll see an old OEM socket 939 cooler. Being the modder that I am, I attached it with zip ties. :rock: Believe it or not, it's keeping the CPU right around 29 degrees (at idle)...

[​IMG]

12. Supra55

Supra55 What's a Dremel?

Nice RAM, how much was it, I like Mushkin and was looking for good memory for a future build.

13. craigbru

It was only $125 from Newegg. I'm having a hard time not picking up another 4 gigs... :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146755

The system ran overnight just fine, but the true test will come when I start to overclock...

14. badje

badje boni

That RAM is hot..... but i see a few empty slots. So you need to pick up antoher 4 gigs!

15. craigbru

Yeah, those empty slots are bothering me... It's only a matter of time before I give in to the temptation... :D

16. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Very nice work, i like how you mounted the fans and the custom parts do look really good geting hardware to match the colors is a nice toutch to, myself was very lucky since i just moved over my system to the new build but the colors of leds in vid card, aluminium ram and gpu heatsink: was perfect for my build.

Regards

Last edited: 30 Mar 2008
  17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

where's todays update? lol!

18. craigbru

I'll have an update for you all tomorrow. I've had other obligations this weekend. I can tell you this much though, the rig has been running on my counter for the past couple of days (without the TEC cooling), and has been flawless. I plan on installing programs and software as I mod. When I'm ready, I should be able to drop the hardware in the case, and have it ready to roll. Expect big progress next week. I plan on wrapping up some of the things I've got partially finished, and we will also be doing some painting. I hope that I'm able to give you all a better idea of the case as I've envisioned it. Hang in there guys!

19. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

Ohh we're hanging...
    congrats on your MOTM nomination, I just gave you my vote!

20. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

As did I.

Best of luck to you dude, you deserve it!

:rock:

Tags: