1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Battlestar Galactica Mod: Complete!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Boddaker, 27 Mar 2007.

1. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Thanks Frido. :)

Well, I primed the lcd's black because they are a dark charcoal gray on the show. I think they will look better once everything is painted and the actual lcd's are in there and lit up. Also the pics tend to make them darker than they really are.

I will try to paint it to look as close to the "real" battlestar as possible, complete with weathering and battle scars. I do plan on making a video of the blast doors in action, once I get them working. So I will also do an overall video showing the whole case. Maybe even composite over a space background or actual footage from the show? :D

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

so how did the lan event go? you must have caught everyone's attention with bsg, maybe even a few sponsors?

3. Boddaker

The LAN was great. Here are a couple shots, but after looking at these pics, they really dont' offer up much more than the pics i took before I left for the lan lol. But here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Space was tight, but I managed to squeeze in between two other geeks. One thing I did find out is that this case is almost too big for the table! :p

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

The case is supreme:thumb: Just need to "mod the table to fit" LOL
    John

5. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

make a rig and let it fly :p

or just gently slide the other peoples pc to the right trust me it works :p

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

how did it go down amongst everyone else bod?

7. Boddaker

If you are referring to the contest, I didn't enter simply because it wasn't finished. CPU magazine did the judging and ultimately picked a sweet retro TRS-80 mod as the winner. One of the CPU guys did suggest that I submit it to their monthly mad-reader-mod contest when its done tho. :D

But everyone liked it. I got a lot of good comments and feedback on it, and I got a couple new contacts for hardware! :rock:

So all in all, a pretty productive trip.

:cooldude:

8. Teknokid

Teknokid Minimodder

Sorry, just joined the thread.... thats a VERY nice case :)

9. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

This may be dragging up a 'dead' thread but whats the latest on this case? it looks soooooo good i would love to see the finished article even if it isnt the worklog

10. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

After this much work I wouldn't think it's been abandoned. More likely Real Life(TM) is getting in the way of modding. I've been hanging out for this one too.

With BSG Season 4 coming out this week in the US I wouldn't be surprised it we see a resurgence in this thread soon. (Fingers crossed)

11. Boddaker

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted for awhile, but Constructacon is right about life getting in the way. It seems that two kids is a lot more work than I had originally anticipated, so modding has not been a priority as of late. I've still been working on the case, just a lot slower than before. So, as a consequence, I haven't had anything to post about ever since the lan party in February.

I will try to get something up soon.

12. Jaguar_Infinity

Jaguar_Infinity Just some guy

Perfectly understandable. :) Its just a great mod and i wondered if there was any news. Good luck with the duo ;)

13. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I thought i was gonna see more cool stuff :waah: It's still very nice to look at the same pic again tho, it's just old pics don't have that "wow" factor you get with new pics, you know what i mean? It's like when you see the latest playboy for the first time: :jawdrop: :rock: If you look at it every night for a week, then it just becomes :yawn:
    Don't mind me, enjoy your time with the little ones, they don't stay little for long :D And beware, i bet they wanna get their hands on bsg!!

14. Frido

Frido Minimodder

Yup - before you know of it, the little ones have grown up and demand you mod THEIR cases, so better finish yours first, right ;)
    Take your time - make no hassle, perfection has its price!

/Frido

15. Boddaker

lol thanks Frido. And I really appreciate everyone's patience and understanding, and not hassling me too much. It's killing me not to be able to mod as much as I used to. I am currently trying to rework my daily schedule to see if I can get more modding in (probably at the cost of sleep time). Cloning is not ruled out at this point either.

16. Modfreak

Modfreak What's a Dremel?

AWESOME SKILL MATE, sorry for being nosy but how can you get your hand on all that asset? Must have cost a fortune... Wish i have some of those, will put my skill to the limit ( not as good as your tho, but i am a copy cat so something nice might come out )

KEET UP THE ULTIMATE WORK, our paths shall cross one day NO MERCY :D

17. Boddaker

Thanks Modfreak, but what are you referring to when you say asset? If you are talking about tools, I have nothing special, just your everyday tools like Dremel, jig saw, hammer and screwdrivers. Just got the scroll saw for christmas. :)

18. Modfreak

Modfreak What's a Dremel?

The tools man, they are everyday tools but still very costy for me man, and i saw you have a wall full of it :jawdrop: ... :wallbash::wallbash:. Wish my country was more develop so the paycheck is higher, and inflation is rising so I am very poor atm. Got to find a new job soon :lol::lol::lol:

19. Boddaker

Sorry to hear that man. :waah: I didn't just go out and buy everything all at once. I have slowly accumulated my tool collection over years and years. I save up and only buy what I need at the time.

Harbor Freight has a great selection of tools at very low prices. And they ship internationally too! :D Check them out.

:cooldude:

20. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Not related to the case but are you looking forward to Friday night bod? (or saturday morning for people who need to obtain it by other means) S4 of BSG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tags: