1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 1.3 million play Call of Duty 4 daily

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Apr 2008.

1. Shielder

Shielder Live long & prosper!

Leper, have you actually sat down and played it for more than half an hour? The improvement over CoD, CoD:UO, CoD2 and CoD3 is immense. The graphics are so much better. I've got all of them going on my new rig (apart from CoD3, that's on my Wii :D) and CoD4 is by far the best.

Andy

2. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Yes, I have, I played the entire game, why would i comment if i never? It is the same as all other COD games, trash. The Ai, gaemplay is identical, name one thing different? Bad AI, small linear levels that lead u by the nose, can't jump over fences, endless spawning enemies, typical militray generric story, guns fell terribly unrealistic with little recoil. Graphics are better wow, GOTY, lol. Graphics are better, gamepkay has not changed since 01, crap game gets way to much hype then it deserves. You know gaming is becoming too much like the music industry when generic flub like COD4 sells like hot cakes and gets all the hype, when vastly superior games like crysis and stalker don't get the attention tey deserve.
    Graphics are better then pther COd games, that is the only difference, and even then the graphics are dated, it is an old engine that handles little physics and only small areas.

3. Shielder

I only asked because all too often people who are very vitriolic about a certain subject have never seen/experienced what they are complaining about.

I suppose you felt the same about the Doom series. All that was was an update to graphics with the same storyline. What about the UT series?

All FPS are basically the same. Only the packaging and general storyline are different. All you are doing is going around shooting bad guys. Yes, they may be aliens, WWI/II soldiers or modern day terrorists, but they are all basically the same gameplay.

You say it is an overhyped game series, why are so many playing it again and again if it is rubbish? You mightn't like it, but plenty of other people do. Have we been taken in by the hype and conditioned into thinking that the game is great or do we simply enjoy playing it?

Just my 2p.

Andy

4. Lepermessiah

All FPS are not the same, see stalker, bioshock. Yes, doom and UT3 suck as well, that is well known isn't it?

Not all FPS'a have small levels that are on rails, trigger points, bad AI, endless spawning enemies, crap guns like COD4. All FPS are the same shows u don't know what a good FPS is.
    there are devs out there that are actually trying to do different things and push the envelope, CODs infinity Ward are not one of them, neither is Epic, they are narrow minded, and in interviews when they say open ended gameplay is just a fad and not gonna last, when open ended games have been around for over a decade, you know what their intentions are.

5. Shielder

If they suck, why do so many people play them?

I will admit, I've never played Stalker or Bioshock. Maybe I'll get one of them and see what you're talking about. Which one would you recommend?

Andy

6. Lepermessiah

Are u dumb enough to think Popularity = quality? Consoles are for the mass market, dumbed down for the average idiot to play. See the music industry too see what popularity means. Main stream gamers like simple easy to play games, that is what console games are. console are the worst thing to ever hapopen to gaming, now it is turning itno the music industry, style over substance. Thank God for PC's.

7. skpstr

skpstr What's a Dremel?

Isn't this a little uncalled for?

As primarily a PC gamer I have played several FPS, including COD4 and Bioshock, and I must say in the single player aspect they have all tended to follow the same basic formula, as Shielder said. The numbers quoted by the OP are, I would imagine, primarily for multiplayer and most of your comments seem to be related to the single player aspect (AI, linear levels, etc.) and we all know that single and multiplayer versions of the same game are poles apart.

8. Lepermessiah

Multiplayer games are a dime a dozen, and they are the definition of doing nothing new. Online gaming is another aspect of gaming that needs serious change and innovation. Stalker is far from the standard FPS, neither is bioshock, it is near as much RPG.

Tags: Add Tags