1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pregnant man tells Oprah: It's a miracle

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 3 Apr 2008.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Original story

While obviously I don't condone human procreation, I do have to say I support stretching the bounds of gender identity!

2. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

In all honesty, he may be living as a man, but since he has retained the female genitals he was born with, I do not consider him a "man" having a baby. Now in theory, the placenta can attach to any internal organ with a blood supply that suits its needs for duration of gestation. If he were a man (transgendered or no) with a fetus attached to an organ other than a uterus and carried to term with a c-section birth (mandatory), I'd call that a miracle.

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

"he" isn't a man, "he" still has female genitals

there isn't a organ in the male body that can support the life of a fetus :(

4. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

i fail to see how this is a "miracle" (if it was a "miracle" how come god dosnt heal amputees? surely they deserve a "miracle" too).

And i also fail to see how this woman/man could be classed as a man when they continue to hold the female organs (the important ones). But besides all that......nothing to see here. Just somthing sensational that will cause the child to go into theropy for the rest of its life once it finds out the truth (and it will...FAST).

5. Scirocco

I class a miracle as a man actually doing housework without complaining about it. ;P

6. LAGMonkey

LAGMonkey Group 7 error

its our right to moan you know :p :lol:

7. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

That was certainly a good laugh.

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Poor kid is gonna get beat on so hard if his school mates find out :< Its all very well and good the transrxual wanting a kid but if he wants whats good for it then he wouldnt have one. Its hard enough growing up without having your parents be on oprah because your dad who gave birth to you is actually a woman.

9. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

I class a miracle as a man giving birth through his penis.

10. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Why can't stupid people not be able to figure out how to breed? :wallbash:

Doing something stupid and getting away with it is not a miracle, it's still just stupid. Changing gender should be illegal, anyone that even considers changing gender is a complete f@$#ing mess - it may not be their fault, maybe these people were just raised wrong? But you've got to have some serious issues to want to change gender, i mean big issues, that need to be fixed. Changing gender is not a fix, no more than a druggie getting high on another 'fix'.

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

remembers me a film.....

12. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Exactly, internally "he" is still a woman and always will be. Just because on the outside "he" looks like a man doesnt make him one. Dont get me wrong, if people want to cut their balls off a grow boobs and pretend to be a woman, fine, thats up to you. And if doing so makes you feel better about yourself, fine thats cool. But lets not go calling this the man who had a baby ffs, cos its just not!

Hence the miracle :)

13. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Right, and I suppose all women should wear pink and play with their Barbies. Personally, I think there's a lot more to gender identity than the physical genitalia. For that matters, where do you draw the line for gender identity? What makes a man? Penis? What about facial hair? Body type and overall physiology? What about someone who has a penis and a vagina?

Oh my gosh, he's having a baby! Quick, call a young priest and an old priest! Oh my gosh, some ignorant bullies might pick on his kids! Well, at least his kids may grow up with a more enlightened view of the rainbow of fruit flavors that encompasses the human species. That's more than I can say for some folks.

-monkey

14. Scirocco

I have been involved extensively (although not for a few years) in the gay, bisexual and transgendered community. i've known pre- and post-surgery transgendered persons and everything in between. I really believe this is all just hype over something that really isn't what could be termed a miracle. Since he had to stop taking testosterone to be able to get pregnant to begin with (maturing and releasing ovum), and will give birth vaginally from a natural uterus, that clinches it in my mind. Obviously it is just my opinion. <shrug> I do wonder if all this publicity is aimed at some financial gain, say gratis medical care from the OB-GYN doctors for publicity and baby merchandise, diapers and all. Having a child isn't cheap after all. It's a lot of hype about something that probably shouldn't have it. Guess it's better than the usual crap they term as "news," like Paris Hilton's or Lindsey Lohan's latest party hotspots.

At any rate, I hope that he and his wife have a healthy child and things go well overall. One thing that is for certain: human sexuality runs an entire spectrum.

15. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

what makes a man? a penis. it is that simple. men have penises, women have vaginas, hermaphrodites have both. if a man wants to live his life as a woman, i have no problem with that, but until he gets gender reassignment surgery he is still a man. same for the other way around. this is just a butch woman having a baby. even the obstetrician says it is a normal pregnancy. hardly a miracle.

16. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:confused: Someone who was born with female genitalia has a baby and it's "news"??? Puts me in mind of a bit of Shakespeare:

"... it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Macbeth Quote (Act V, Scene V).

Yes, I know it's a partial quote and out of context but It also sums up what I think of much of our so called "news" media. :wallbash:

17. SitraAchra

SitraAchra Minimodder

We can simplify this even further. What really is a man? Someone with a Y chromosome. And that's something surgery can't change.

18. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

What bugs me most about this is not even how much of a non-news item this is (yet I keep seeing this stupid story) but the implications of why parts of he media are pushing this. When a story makes the "news" it's because someone thinks it's important, relevant, and/or interesting to their audience. This is none of those to me yet it's like I'm not free to not hear about this!? Are there not so many more important / relevant / interesting things going on that they could cover those instead?

What does it say to you that a portion of the media thinks this is important, relevant, and/or interesting to you?

19. Scirocco

Slow news day? :D

20. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

I wouldn’t read too much into the word miracle being used here. It’s a word that is used to a lot in child birth and doesn’t necessarily mean over coming odds or referring to the fact he is a pregnant man. He probably using it to describe the amazing feeling of becoming a parent that only a loving parent would understand.

As a transgendered being a parent I don’t see a problem. He and his wife of five years will obviously love the child and it seems and from the article it’s it is something planned. The most important thing a child needs is love, stability and support. A far cry from the chav parents who get knocked up in flash and let their 8 year olds wonder the street at night like a pack of wolves.

As for his identity being a man or woman? That is something that is left for us to decide. Identities gender or otherwise are actively constructed. The identities we feel we have may not be shared by other people and two people may not see the same person. However I believe we should not judge somebody identity due to genetic factors. I have a genetic illness and I am half Chinese and some people only see my identity as the half Chinese guy or the diseased man. I feel we should see peoples identity by how they act. If this person acts like a guy and feels like a guy then he is a guy to me.