1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 12 Apr 2008.

1. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

A lot of those cars might not fit the spirited driving motif, or hold any historic automotive significance. Hence their exclusion.

2. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

You've got to love the fact that someone zero0ne thinks that having great graphics makes a game worth 8 points haha! Well I think COD4 looks amazing give it 10 points and be done with it! Hmm I think you'd be slightly peeved if bit is your source for reviews, you go out and get the game....duh duh... wow it looks amazing, oh wait there's no existent game play etc etc

Wait sorry Bindibadgi, you've said it all already, just read that comment and thought wth. In my person opinion it's nice to have a change of reviewer as well! :)

3. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Well, there's nothing like stirring up a bit of controversy!

I'm aware that Forza vs Gran Turismo is a flamewar waiting to happen, I'm never going to change peoples' opinions when their minds are so set on something.

I reviewed GT5 Prologue as it comes: as game offered for sale to the general public. The price is almost a moot point - should you expect half a game because you pay half as much?

This is my review, and it contains my opinions. I'm not telling you what to think, I'm telling you what *I* think. That's what a review is.

The game does feel like a tech demo and it does have its limitations. The lack of damage is a factor. I know it's never appeared in previous GT games, but why does that mean it doesn't have to be in this one? The PS3's architecture has more than enough power to calculate physics-based damage models. And even if you don't adjust the graphical model of the car (to keep the manufacturers happy), you can still adjust the underlying physical model of the car. Yes, I'm aware that a patch is supposed to be coming in the next few months, but seriously how many people will still be playing by then?

As a tech demo it's good, but as a game it's flawed.

That's my opinion, you're welcome to your own.

4. Lukeatluke

Lukeatluke What's a Dremel?

Why not for PC? :(

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

if this game ever came out on the PC, I'd ask for a bigger credit and overload my card the next minute just to upgrade

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah just because it would make so much sense if Sony suddenly started publishing games to other consoles/PC? :) I think GT if after all one of THE titles that help sell them PS3s to people...

7. Tim S

Tim S OG

GT is a console seller, no doubt about it - I'll be buying a PS3 for GT5, no questions asked. It'd be a bad move (for Sony) to release this on other platforms.

8. OleJ

OleJ Me!

The graphics are amazing! That's al I can say. Wow!!

9. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I don't think you'll be alone there :) It's just a shame we've got to wait until next year.

10. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

And hopefully the criticism and consumer feedback from GT5: Prologue will be taken to heart when finishing up GT5.

11. kempez

kempez modding again!

Agreed totally, that's a big shame as it would be great to have a full game in my hands. That's why a lot of people will buy the Prologue version this time around, whereas a lot of us skipped GT4 Prologue

Hope so :)

It's good to see all the differing opinions in this thread, a lot of which are good critiques of the game :)

I got GT5 with a new PS3 and Las Vegas 2 and a HDMI cable for £300, so I wasn't too miffed about that price :)

12. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I like the way people state its a tech demo and dont want to buy it for that reason. How many people bought a WII for Nintenedo's tech demo "Wii SPorts"???

Like it was mentioned above, if you dont like real simulators then its not for you. If you want arcade racers get PGR and if you want something in between PGR and GT then get Forza2.

I love damage and its a shame GT have never put it in like Forza 2, but its alot better than playing an arcade racer like PGR. I think i may try is out some time even thought I wasnt inpressed with the free GT download. Until then and I got a wheel, its still Forza 2 for me.

13. Swafeman

Swafeman Minimodder

14. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

GT4P should not be skipped, the PAL version had Vicki Butler-Henderson reading out the challenge description before each license test, hell of a sexy voice that woman has O_O

15. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Wii Sports didn't cost more on it's own though - it was bundled, making it perfectly acceptable to many people. It was also a fully rounded game perfectly suited to the audience it was aimed at.

16. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

I find it very funny how people defend not having damage by calling it a simulator (driving or racing), some simulation. I enjoyed multilayer gt4 at my mates but never really got into the grinding required to get the most from the game.

17. Kingston

Kingston What's a Dremel?

who cares about the graphics, have they fixed the tire squeal? even in the GT:HD it sounds like the same sound bit they used in GT1 its almost unplayable.

Also if you want a real racing sim get GTR2, if you havent already (its a little old)

18. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

doesnt GTR2 have the computer killer Starforce for protection? No thanks. I agree GTR2 is more realistic but its on PC, and PC's have always had the most realistic racing sims (Grand Prix Legends, Nascar 2003, GTR, etc...). BTW the damage sucks in GTR compared to Nascar 2003. (Well I havent tried GTR2, but every game ive played that uses the ISI engine or is based off it has sucky damage) THey are still good sims though.

19. jmke

jmke What's a Dremel?

that honor is reserved to the BMW F1 Sauber in LFS ;)

[​IMG]

Tags: Add Tags