1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows The best Game you Have Ever Played ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kolyn_Kryw, 15 Apr 2008.

1. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

GTA vice city and san andreas
    Freelancer
    Deus EX <--- all time fave, with a more morrowind like expansivness would have been the only game played for years due to awsomness
    HL2 and OP4 (wasn't that impresed with HL1 single player)
    Need for speed porsche unleashed
    Warzone 2100
    Golden Eye
    Tony Hawks 2
    Natural Selection
    Morrowind <-- (very fufilling)
    Theme Hospital (multiplayer only)
    Free Space 2 <-- most epic epic story and sense of involvment in a larger thing and perfect combat
    flight unlimited
    AVP2 with proper numbers on each team and good coms at a lan is superb... predators so strong... marines so puny

Last edited: 18 Apr 2008
  2. YT-Niveus

YT-Niveus What's a Dremel?

Mine are,

PS1:

FF7
    FF8
    Resident Evil 1
    Resident Evil 2
    Dino Crysis 1
    Dino Crysis 2

PS2:

FF10
    FF10-2
    Resident Evil CODE VERONICA
    Resident Evil 4
    Tekken

PC:

FF7
    FF8
    Resident Evil 1
    Resident Evil 2
    Dino Crysis 1
    Dino Crysis 2
    DOOM 3
    Quake 4
    Crysis
    COD4
    UT2004
    GTA San Andreas

Old but good ;)

YT

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I have to say I am extremely pleased to see so many people named UT99 as one of the best games ever :)

4. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

yeah, its a shame that epic have crashed and burnt on the pc now, that game was so good

5. nigelleg

nigelleg What's a Dremel?

I really had most fun with original TFC

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

tell me about it. I try to contain myself every time I see a Mark Rein topic on BT but it's always incredibly hard :D

7. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

but epic make FPS and you can't play FPS on a console. I mean a big part of the fun of golden eye is due to the controlls been hard and clumsey to use and ending up dithering about unable to kill each other!

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I can understand not necessarily being able to select a single "best" game and maybe having a handful, but that's just silly.

and Doom 3??? That wasn't a game, that was a tech demo.

9. kno3

kno3 What's a Dremel?

Crysis. End of discussion (just kidding, keep going, im getting a good list of more games to try, but crysis is definetly no.1 for me!)

On the PS2:
    Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty (this is also a fantastic game!)

10. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

As much as its been perhaps over elevated to status of an almost godly game, FF7 is still the first game that comes to mind that had me gripped from start to finish, despite more convoluted twists and narrative holes than a series of lost.

Resident Evil 2 is also right at the top of my list, alongside Goldeneye (just for the fun of four player golden gun mode:thumb:)

11. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

My favorite game of all time is Dragon Warrior 4. Easily the best 8-bit RPG. Some of the best music of the entire Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest series has come from number 4. Along with some fantastic (for 8-bit, to hear how truly majestic some of the music from the game is check out the Symphonic Suite. There's some videos on Youtube. The best is Homeland ~ Wagons Wheel) music, the character development is superb as well. 4 chapters where in each you are introduced to a character or a group of characters who, at the time, are unaware of their destiny and the larger story they are about to play a part of. Chapter 5 introduces the Hero character and you quest to meet up with the previous chapters' characters and then embark on the quest to obtain the legendary weapons and put an end to the evil who would threaten the world.

The DS remake of Dragon Quest IV has sold 1.2 million copies in Japan and while not official, a quick search on the ESRBs site shows Dragon Quest IV: Chapter of the Chosen Ones is indeed heading to America. After missing out on the Playstation remake back in 2001 because of the localization team breaking up, I am very excited to finally have the remake (in one for or another :D) making it over. If any of you have never played DW4/DQ4, I recommend you pick this up once it's out. You will not be disappointed :)

12. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

:clap:

One of the most under-rated games ever in my opinion, got open sourced a few years back as well

As for my other favourite games:

Mass Effect (can't wait for the PC version!)
    Bioshock
    HL series
    Burnout Paradise
    Homeworld series

And of course: WoW :lol:

13. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

over elevated? never! as long as there are idiots out there going on about halo 3 being the greatest game of all time we can't stop trying to educate them! And i didn't find many narrative holes, lots of the story had to be found to truly understand it, such as the vincent/lucrecia/hojo story and prof. gast/aeris mother/hojo stuff. Just thinking about that game makes me want to play it again.

14. dimebar

dimebar What's a Dremel?

well mine have to be

1 C&C original,
    2 C&C series
    3 GRAW, GRAW2
    4 Quake, Quake 3
    5 HL, HL2 orange box
    6 NFS series loved underground and most wanted
    7 System shock 2
    8 Syndicate, syndicate wars
    9 Max Payne / 2
    10 Hitman series

Last edited: 20 Apr 2008
  15. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

the thing i love about these threads is thats easy to find some good games that ive overlooked :)

16. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

A chillingly astute analogy. The storyline structure of FFVII did bear a lot of resemblance to the way Lost is progressing.
    After trying to get back into halo on xbox, I have to agree w/ the comments about FPS on consoles. It's possible, but not worth it. It takes as long to get competent on console as it does to get pro on PC.

Also, I'm astounded that no-one's mentioned System Shock 2! I got it a few months ago and it was truly brilliant - I didn't stick with it, because too many shiny new titles were flying around, but I could tell within a couple of hours that it was a perfectly crafted game. I might have to revisit and finish it this summer.

edit - apologies, Dimebar2 lists SS2 right above my post :wallbash:

17. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

vice city. i frickin love that game. all the free-roaming fun for endless hours of driving around killing people, but also a good storyline and entertaining missions.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2008
  18. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

half-life
    system shock 2
    freespace 2

everything pales in comparison to the awesomeness of the original condemmmed, that was a headfeck.

19. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

just finnished fallout and have to say i loved it, didnt give a damm that i was running vista 64bit or a widescreen (thou strangly on my intergrated laptop screen it would play widescreen, but on my 20in external it put horizontal bars would that be 1:1 pixel mapping?>)

20. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Guild Wars for the win

Tags: