1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Spore demo coming June 17th

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 28 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Hg

Hg The game known as life

Cant wait, been looking at this game for Years, Lets Hope EA dont screw it up

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Squeee!

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Woo! Cannot wait for this, let's hope it lives up to our hopes of its greatness.

5. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Squee?

Any details as to whether there'll be more in the demo than just the creature creator?

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

It suddenly seems quite near!

7. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

There are two versions of the creature creator demo that will be availible. There is the free 25% content one and there's the one you pay for which will include 100% of the creator parts. So far the cost for the 100% one is $10 or €10 but no mention of a UK price.

@fibblebot: the demo is just the creature creator plus the test area as far as I (or the HoSP community) know.

8. donnie

donnie Moddin' my way out of a paper bag

It has to be said but EA are profit whores who should be strung up #rant over. But yeah i'm looking forward to what crazy lil' munsters i can create "HAHAHA IT'S ALIVE!!!!!"

Yo bit-tech staff that article is really misleading as stated above it's only the creature creator that coming out and not any kind of gameplay demo, Just the editor and the procedurally generated reactions of said creature.

9. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

How is it that you can transfer the creature you make in the demo into the game when you start out as a biological molecule? Are you playing as the creature you create or do you just transfer it into the world of Spore? I'm kinda confused.....

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

For a start, you can skip to any stage you like if you hate a certain stage.

So I imagine you can start and you can import a pre-made creature or make a new one (unless you begin from the start). I imagine the creature will also populate your game somewhere (or someone elses) if you decide not to play it.

I think it's pretty poor they're making you pay for the full demo, especially since it's actually helping them as it's populating their servers with more creatures. You're effectively paying to work for EA.

11. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

While this is not a "demo" and we would (as stated above) be doing EA a favor just by using the software and uploading our critchurs so they can have more content...

I will probably still buy it. Get ready for magical rainbow unicorn (vicious carnivore) and spike-covered, chainsaws-for-hands septoped. (kills for fun but actually just eats berries)

12. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

Sweet. I can't wait for this. It's going to be freakin awesome.

13. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Can't wait for it! :clap:

Fear my incoming planet of mutant murderous cow-things! :lol:

Or maybe i will attempt to re-create Earthworm Jim in Spore... The possibilities are endless :hehe:

14. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

spider dragon here i come....

15. mayakovski

mayakovski 10" blade with a 5/8" arbor.

There goes my summer, sun, what sun, i don't see no stinkin sun.

16. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

earthworm jim what an idea

I wonder how accurate the game will be i.e. will the super intelligent ones that look similar to humans win out

17. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

That's not how Spore will work. Its a tool you use to have fun so you can have a 1 armed 20 legged 6 eyed creature and make it the most dominant lifeform in the universe if you play all the way through. But it will also have "accurate" simulations, such as gravity and planetary mechanics.

@devdevil85: In Spore you can start at any stage, you don't have to play through the entire game. And the whole point of the creator demo is to populate the Spore servers so that when the game starts there are lots more creatures then just the ones the Spore team have made. So yes it will be possible to import you creature into the full version of Spore and use it straight from the off if you don't mind missing the microbe stage.

And for anyone else who wants to know more, I'll answer Qs to the best of my knowledge or you can go visit a Spore forum/community such as Hooked on Spore (my fave) or Xspore

18. sigmaxxx

sigmaxxx What's a Dremel?

I can´t wait for this xD

19. kempez

kempez modding again!

can't_wait_for_spore :duh::rock:

I hope it lives up to my stupidly high expectations :D

20. sporenotwar

sporenotwar What's a Dremel?

I'm really jealous that Europe is getting it two days before the rest of us. Until then, I guess we'll have to content with the Creature Creator! Although to be fair, people have made some pretty awesome creatures, as this site shows http://www.sporeillustrated.com/page/Funny+Spore+Creatures

Tags: Add Tags