1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Valve releases big TF2 update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Hg

Hg The game known as life

damn it, do i play GTA 4 tonight or TF2...

3. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Had a quick look through the medic achievements and some are nuts and quite unachievable in normal play still it'll be fun to try once the current lunacy dies off and most people stop playing medic.

4. baronvongogo

baronvongogo What's a Dremel?

well valve have really messed up , they have left a cvar command in to do the following:

1.unlock weapons
    2.unlock achievements
    3.reset achievements

The servers where full of medics on first release counting 8 in one game i was in all grinding for the achievements now they can just unlock them with the cvars...

Im sure valve will fix this today but what they intend to do about people who used the cvars I do not know we will have to wait.

5. steveo_mcg

meh if you want to "cheat" to get them thats your business, the new weapons aren't unbalancing so as far as i can see there is little to be gained by achiving them except for just being "that good".

ps, not you specificity by the way.

6. baronvongogo

baronvongogo What's a Dremel?

lol thanks :) and I wont cheat for them I play medic a lot and this update has ruined it for me as I cant play my favorite class due to everyone being a medic.

I think valve should have given the weapon unlocks out for good teamwork via capturing control points, defending points , getting intel, pushing cart along etc(although that is also open to abuse too) and just have the achievements as something extra for people who like playing that class.

7. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

w00000t, downloads update as type this :D

Look forward to the extras, however I feel it to be a bit much for a single class in 1 hit, without adding extras to the other classes at same time :(

Lot of the achievments are rather lame, an achievment for being a medic, for healing a heavy, for healing another medic... etc etc, ie, achievments for doing what your suposed to do!!
    Others like the 10kills in a row with bone saw are a lil trickyer to achieve.

A thought crossed my mind with regards to the uber saw, in that a pair of medics with the uber healing gun and the uber saw loadout, whould be able to charge up quickly with the saw, uber heal the other medic, switch every 8 seconds or so, pair of medics on a saw rampage, could get interesting.

8. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

hopefully next time I play this game it won't be broken.. I've played a scant few times and the time spent playing was a lot of fun ..i attributed this to the great balance the game has... I'll be interested to see how that balance holds given veterans/newbies, as time goes on

9. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

*taps fingers and waits for Day of Defeat Source update....*

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

*sees you wait until the end of the world*

11. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Sweet, Gold Rush is pretty awesome! Defending is pretty tough though.

The only one thing I would gripe about is the fact that EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER is now a medic! On a team of 12 last night half or more were medics, not that it is bad having more around but still, kind of ruins the gameplay since you have more than half "defensive" players and not enough to get the job done on objectives. I think Valve should have released the goods for a few more classes to even it out. I think this will even out itself as people get bored trying to get the new achievements.

Ah, and the Kritzcrieg is the ultimate when used on Pyro :D

12. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

i think these updates are great and all but its been what- 6 months for valve to release them? working at this rate (an with no delays, ha), if they did the same thing for all classes it's not going to be done for 4 years!

13. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Was hoping it'd come along at the same time as the TF2 update. Guess not...

14. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

DAMN some of those are harsh top get. i already have 2 of them before the patch was released, just need to log into a sever to claim them... weeeee!

15. steveo_mcg

I hope every one who wanted to cheat has done... and i hop the dirty gits get punished :)

16. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

played a few rounds, goldrush was an interesting yet fun map to play, however what spoils it a bit atm, is the number of medics.

17. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

you know, i would have used the cheats, simply because 2 of the achievements are essentially impossible for me- the ones involving steam friends. i don't add friends on steam. phooey.

18. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

I don't have any real friends OR steam friends.:waah:

19. steveo_mcg

20. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

i too dont have any friends on steam, but the medic update will be good soon i hope i love playing the medic.

Tags: Add Tags