1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Lumière Noire by E.E.L. Ambiense - Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by E.E.L. Ambiense, 8 Apr 2008.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Thanks, man!

Again, thank you CK. I appreciate the support and the props!

Hahahah, you're quite right Cheaps. I'm gonna LOSE! Thanks for the congrats.

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Congrats on the nomination - whatis this two in a row! Well deserved.

PS: Added a another star even with no ceiling LOL
    John

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

Thanks, John! Nah, skipped a month on the nominations. I appreciate the star! :hehe: Ceilings are for completions' sake.

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Might get more votes with a nice ceiling shot!
    ROFL
    Luck
    John

5. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

E.E.L., you got my vote!

6. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hahhaha, thanks.

Thanks, man! Probably a lost cause though, lol.

7. dia2777

dia2777 What's a Dremel?

This is the second time that I read your worklog and I don't suppose I can stop...
    Congrats to be in MOM, really, your work made my jaws drop right to the floor....

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hell, that makes two of us, man! Your fabrication skills are top-notch. I'd love to do a scratch-build sometime.

I appreciate the kind words, and good luck!

9. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Lol makes me think of gollum! Great work as always E.E.L. Ambiense you got my vote to :cooldude:

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

LOL, thanks brother! I appreciate it!

11. craigbru

Since I voted for you, I demand an update... :D

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

:hehe: I'm workin' on it. I promise. ;)

13. craigbru

Since my own work has slowed a little, I have to live vicariously through you, and everyone else... ;)

14. E.E.L. Ambiense

HAHAHA! Then I feel bad for you if you're comin' to me! LOL

15. craigbru

Well, that's why I added the "and everyone else"... :lol:

16. E.E.L. Ambiense

17. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Oh my... Lian Li Project from E.E.L.... Sweet! Now I wana see more!

18. E.E.L. Ambiense

May 2nd Small Update!

First off, I wanted to give a heartfelt thanks to all on Bit-Tech; staff and otherwise, for nominating me for MoTM again. It's truly truly an honor coming from such a prestigious site of quality cutting-edge modding people. I feel the love!

If you haven't voted yet, or you don't know if you should vote, or don't know how to vote, please figure out how to do so and VOTE! For me? Sure, please! If not for me then for someone else. I mean, people not voting is how all of my fellow Americans ended up with an embarrassment for a presidency, :hehe:. Just vote.

Click here and get it done! 'Nuff said.

SMall Update! (Why the hell is the M in the word "small" capitalized as well? And why couldn't I just fix it grammatically instead of typing this out and confusing you even more? Is this joke getting old? Okay, I'll stop. Sorry.)

Now, on to the update proper. Sorry I don't have much today. Been a long week at work. :miffed:

I had cut out the entire lower front of the case for the PA120.2 fit. I'm now making the aluminum plate for the rad mounting. Using the template I made for the cuts on the case, I'm making a secondary template to compliment the cuts to allow riveting of the new plate onto the case.

[​IMG]

Since the whole case chassis will be coated as one, how the plate looks really isn't an issue. It'll be covered by the front of the case anyways when it's installed so you won't be able to see it. It's merely functionality. But I'll still clean up the plate anyways. For completions' sake. ;) I'll cut the plate soon. I don't have it started yet, lol. My 120mm hole saw needs a replacement 'cause the teeth are rather worn. I need to make a trip to Lowes or something.

Here's a little update to something that was already "done". I disassembled the modded Dominator Airflow and shot the body of it gunmetal. Love this color. I also added some mesh to it too. I think it looks nice! Camera doesn't seem to pick up the gunmetal flake well though. :blah:

[​IMG]

Know what this is?

[​IMG]

Confused? No, I am not abandoning the mod to make a Neo-Kamitian God worshiping alter....although that's an idea...hmm.... :idea:

Here, see if this spells it out for ya's.

[​IMG]

Yup, It's a mobo side-panel dressup. I know it's a confusing shot, but for scale that takes up a foot or so on the panel. I figured the rest of the case is getting attention so I wouldn't want the other side-panel to feel entirely left out and ignored like a virgin at an orgy. ;)

This is the old panel BTW, so I'm sorry if it's confusing as to where the hell the brushed aluminum went. The new panel will get the same exact thing.

Here's the best part: It'll also have purpose. With a little work from the dremel and some A.C. Ryan MeshxPanel™ modder's mesh, it'll give a little more airflow in/out of the case. Probably pointless, but it's cool. I just think it looks neat! I was toying with the idea of making some kind of fan bracket that'll hang just behind the panel inside the case, but we'll see.

Wish I had more to show, but it's friday y'all! I'm beat. Besides, I've got a date with some freezer-cold Grey Goose and some Battlestar Galactica episodes. :naughty: Yeah, I really know how to kick it smooth, don't I?

...I'm such a dork. :D

-------------
    Until the next update, I got nuthin'. :thumb:

19. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Nice face lift you gave to the dominator cooler. That big logo your making looks awesome. Can't wait for more.

20. fungry

fungry What's a Dremel?

Woooo good stuff. The modified dominator airflow looks fantastic. Mesh compliments it very well.

Tags: