1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Star Wars MMO that dose not suck???

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MageOutlaw, 30 Apr 2008.

1. MageOutlaw

MageOutlaw What's a Dremel?

i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a new star wars mmo? i really enjoy WoW but sometimes i just feel like going into outer space and blowing some sh*t up with and Tie-Fighter you know what i mean???

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Yeah dude roxors!

3. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

There have been numerous unconfirmed rumors that the MMO BioWare is looking to make is a new Star Wars one. I find this doubtful since I don't see how it would be possible with SWG still kicking. However due to SOE's complete butchering of this, and Lucas Arts affinity for getting more money, I wouldn't put it past them.

I'd personally love if BioWare was in charge since they've treated Star Wars well in the past.

Whatever happens I require the following things before I play it:

-- Jedi classes should be start class, but should suck for the first 1/3 of their existence. (compared to other classes their level)
    -- Space Combat (Fighters and Freighters)
    -- Space Stations (Player Cities in Space)
    -- Factions
    -- Don't base it in the 4-6 Star Wars era.
    -- Balanced PVP (Not being able to spam dizzy knock down to murder an opponent)
    -- Droid Engineers that don't suck.
    -- NO PET TRAINERS
    -- Possible Vehicle Combat (not uber important)
    -- The ability to have good armor and not need uber buffs to wear it.
    -- Jet Packs.
    -- Combat system similar to Mass Effect where you can use blasters FPS style but the RPG elements improve accuracy and damage output.
    -- More Wookies

4. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

the stargate worlds mmo is near beta, yes i know its not starwars but you may be interested anyway

5. MageOutlaw

MageOutlaw What's a Dremel?

What is this stargate worlds mmo that you speak of and how in the world have i NOT herd of this?? for me this would be simply AMAZING since i am a fan of both SG-1 and atlantes.

6. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

+1

7. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

its an mmo that is coming close to beta (accepting requests to become a beta) its initial going to be based on the conflict between gouald and earth, but possible expansions to go into the Atlantis expedition (ive only just started watching seires one yesterday pretty good so far) and another for space flight. But there website and forums will tell you alot more then i ever could here. I personally hopeing to use the beta to see if i like what they have done and then decide if im going to buy it or not. (Im also really hoping they renew SG-1 after continuum and also go ahead with the other stargate spinoff)

8. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

They have beta applications up at the site now, no open beta, but family closed right now. The forums are a good place for info there, lots of nice people.

That is something I'm really excited to see since I hope it can live up to expectations.

9. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

my only current issue with stargate worlds is that im not sure i want to be playing an mmo atm (at least not one with a subscription fee which im sure this one will)

Tags: