1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Annoying Graffiti

Discussion in 'General' started by Cinnander, 2 May 2008.

1. Cinnander

Cinnander What's a Dremel?

I am officially an old man now.
    Today I was walking in to a lecture on my normal route, which goes through a fairly **** part of Cardiff, and I saw some graffiti on a wall which is new:

"X n hiz lil
    m8s fink dey
    r so hard
    but dey aint
    by SJ"

Seriously what kind of idiot comes up with something like that? This area is full of chavs/pikeys, you know the ones who only wear grey jogging trousers and who always stink of pot, who always look at you like you're offensive to them (ironic), who are most likely on the dole and all ways say things like "nah mate, nah." and "yeah safe. get at me later." So it was most likely one of them, but omg... why? how?
    What annoyed me most about the graffiti wasn't that it was graffiti... I'm kind of ambivalent about that, but the total lack of intelligence that seems to have gone into writing it. It just annoys me on so many levels. The gene pool needs chlorination so badly. Why the hell would you want to announce that "X" is so un-hard? If he's so soft, put your dole money where your mouth is and go and kick the **** out of him and prove it you smelly loser.

I kind of wished I had a marker pen handy:
    "Who gives a ****? Learn to spell you idiot. You fail at life."
    :wallbash:

Old man comment of the day: To think that money other people pay in taxes is propping up these wasters!

2. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

Your not getting old. Everyone think like that about those downfalls of society. Its only a matter of time till the government realizes welfare should not be given to them. Natural selection will do its part; they will all starve.

3. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

True... graffiti is badd mmmkaayy, (unless its banksy) but that is just atrocious. I don't actually understand what it is trying to say...

4. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Agreed, I see better graffiti than that (slighly more intelligible) but when they spell common words wrong it's just great.
    Graffiti done well is excellent however.

5. karolis

karolis Code Monkey

No, graffitti is art. these are just idiots who don't know there's such thing as paper. Hate these groups. Yet neither the government nor anuyone can or is willing to do to make them disappear from the streets. Half of my friends are avoiding walking outside alone becauso of this problem.

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Someone should take a can of spray paint and scribble the opening lines to Beowulf right next to it.

Hwæt! wē Gār-Dena in geār-dagum,
    þeod-cyninga, þrym gefrunon,
    hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.
    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,
    monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,
    egsode eorl. Syððan ærest wearð
    feasceaft funden, he þæs frofre gebad,
    weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,
    oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra
    ofer hronrade hyran scolde,
    gomban gyldan. Þæt wæs god cyning!

Now that is something I'd love to see!

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah tags and all kind of text-graffitis just plain suck. I have nothing against well painted, art-ish graffitis that really take time and effort to make... Atleast not as long as they aren't painted on the wall of my house!

8. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

You're not old, I'm 19 and think exactly the same way you do...

9. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

If there's an artistic/humorous value, I'll appreciate it. (first person to mention a certain bristolian who likes rats gets shot)

telling me sum1s sexual preference or wot u n ur m8s got up to in the bus station is just unnecessary.

10. Major

Major Guest

Graffiti I love in some places, it makes the make more "alive".

But yeah, pointless graffiti is just lame.

11. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

I 2nd the above comments. You're not turning into an old man it's just a loada shite, I wouldn't even call it Graffiti it's just vandlism. I do appreciate proper Graffiti as it is an art form and can be much more creative and intellectual than traditional art.

Reminded me of the "Old Gits" on Harry Enfield and Chums... *Eeeehhhh bloody kids! :miffed:*
    :D

12. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

13. JoeJones

JoeJones What's a Dremel?

Where to was this?

I'll have to pass by and give it a scowl and give an old man (25) grumble.

:)

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Ok, were you the one I was arguing with on Slashdot? There's no way that I'm seeing that twice in one day out of pure chance.

15. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

That's just the way it is. I'm 16 and the stuff i see and hear at school is ridiculous. Instead of call my phone or call my cell phone, I'm working, everyone says "linx the celly" and no one knows how to use proper spelling, or grammar for that matter anymore. Then people laugh at me because I'm the smart kid getting 80's in all my classes, while they all get 60's, but when they want help with work they run to me. It really upsets me that people have let themselves go so that they can be "cool" and fit in. I'm friends with everyone, but I'm not the one who gets waisted every Friday, and I'm not the one that's failing any of my classes, and i'm one of the few that actually has plans to go somewhere in life besides to parties to get drunk and high. It really upsets me how we are the future generation, and no one gives a crap about themselves and they just expect everything and always think they are right. Have you ever argued with a drunk person who swears by what they have said, no matter how stupid and wrong it is. I just wish half the people in my school gave a crap about their own future so that they wouldn't screw themselves over.

16. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I see stuff like this burned into he back of bus seats with lighters everyday. Everyday I think what's the point. It's vandalism for vandalism sake. Graffiti itself is an art, just wander round the northern quarter in Manchester if you're in the area to see what I mean, or for those that haven't seen Banksy's latest foray, I found it in the times on a coffee break.

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

you are not old... i feel the way you do.
    and yes the pool needs some cleaning and fast.

18. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Sorry, must have been someone else. I think I can count the number of times I've been on Slashdot with one hand, and I'd have enough fingers left over to hold my french fries. From what I hear, I'm not missing much.

Out of curiosity, what was the argument?

-monkey

19. Cinnander

Cinnander What's a Dremel?

To whoever asked: this was opposite Anderson Field in Splott, on the side of a house near the railings there (if you go there, hopefully that will make sense).

I agree with some of the "graffiti is art" comments - at this same playing field there is a big flat otherwise ugly wall backing on to the railway, and someone creative has graffiti'd "ANDERSON FIELD" in that curly graffiti font, in multiple colours. It looks "good" as opposed to some pointless "SHIR WOZ HERE". It also tells you where you are, and has some kind of "communal" vibe about it -- no objections to that at all.

... sicko! :p Both hands above the desk please

20. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I went to a grammar school and some local yoof had written 'grammer poofs' on one of the walls. Oh how we laughed at his misspelling of 'grammar'.

There are plenty of idiots around but I won't lose sleep over it :)

Tags: