1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which cpu cooler to buy??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chaos theory, 5 May 2008.

1. chaos theory

chaos theory What's a Dremel?

hi,
    which cooler should i buy for my cpu??
    the OCZ Vendetta or the NorthQ 3317BLA UFO silent ice (aluminum) ??

-CT

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

There are better coolers available for similar prices... I would suggest a artic cooler 7 pro for intel if you want a cheap cooler than performs well and isn't too loud, but if you plan to overclock i've heard nothing but good things about the thermalright 120 ultra i believe.

3. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Good luck if you want to get hold of a thermalright 120 Ultra in the UK at the min though, i've had one on preorder since mid march.

4. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

Make sure it's the Extreme version, it has the 2 extra heatpipes that give it the edge in cooling power.

5. chaos theory

chaos theory What's a Dremel?

i don't have a lot of money, i'm just a 15 year old (in one month) student:S
    is the Akasa AK 873 any good??
    it just has to last till christmas, i think i'm going to ask santa for the thermalright this year:D

6. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

if you're on a budget i'd suggest the arctic colling freezer 7 pro/64, it's had fantastic reviews and is unde4r £15,00, i have the amd version which has been great keeping a 5000+ BE at 1.5vcore nice and chilly and quiet. What cpu is it for?

7. surtur

surtur What's a Dremel?

i second the arctic cooling freezer pro for on the budget cooling, i don't have it but a friend of mine does and it's a really excellent cooler for the price

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

third the Arctic Freezer Pro 7 Pro if you are low on cash
    and second the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme if you can find one and afford it, it's TRUEly amazing, dropped 10c from my Zalman 9500 (which wasn't exactly a bad product)

9. Matticus

Matticus ...

Fourth the AC Freezer 7/64 Pro. Great cooler for the price. Pretty good cooler anyway regardless of the price.

10. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Another vote for the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7/64 Pro (7 for Intel, 64 for AMD). They aren't the absolute best-performing heatsinks or anything like that, but they're considerably better than the stock coolers and unbeatable for their price.

11. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

If you want a significantly better cooler than the AC without breaking the bank, I've heard nothing but good about the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. Around £22.

12. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

I just got my AC Freezer 7, and not to beat a dead horse on this one, but as others have said; it's amazing, especially for the price.

13. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Agreed with the above on the AC Freezer. Have two running currently. They're great.