1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Man

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 2 May 2008.

1. BlueOcean

BlueOcean What's a Dremel?

Yep, I have not see Iron Man movie yet. not sure he driving an Audi R8?. Check out this iron man movie web site http://ironmanmovie.marvel.com Them i click the audi Iron Man site, Pretty cool site to check out. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

2. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

Yeah i could seriously see stark driving the audi r8, it was super awesome looking!!!
    wasnt there also dell computer product placement???

3. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Yes but I didn't see it as obvious as the Apple and Audi products :p

4. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

i thoroughly enjoyed it too.

tbh apart from the R8 he had a shelby (i think) 427 cobra, which is hardly a common piece of motoring history, and then next to that, was it a saleen?

pretty typical product placement from audi's point of view (think i robot)

really great film though, perfect amout of wit and seriousness, nothing was overdone. my only niggle was the end fight was a bit quick perhaps, but saying that most end fights in superhero films are dragged out, so maybe it was for the best!

5. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

I enjoyed the film although I felt the burger king product placement and the apple product placment were a little OTT. Tony stark would not get a burger king as there are far far better burger places in texas and would not use a mac as by the looks of things he had such a large army of programers tha he would be using starkOS or something.

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Yea.. The screen that Pepper uses in his office is a dell.

7. K

K 528491

Loved it to bits. Downey Jr's self-deprecating wit was so apt it was genius. Probably one of the best casting's you'll ever get in a superhero movie. Loved the little nod to Rhodes getting it on with some War Machine action. That would be amazing to see them both side by side fighting someone ridiculous like MODOK, hahaha.

8. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I liked the movie a lot as well. So did my wife! I thought the product placement was a little pretentious, mostly audi and the burger king one. I would have enjoyed some more kicking ass, but I guess that would have dragged things out too long. I believe they're gearing up for a trilogy.

9. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

I was sooooooo happy to see Nick Fury being played by Samuel L Jackson in the little bonus scene after the credits

10. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

We Loved it.
    I don't think you could tell the product placement unless you were actually looking for it, to be honest.

DO WANT MOAR!!!

11. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Be sure to stay after the credits!

Excellent film, really enjoyed it.

:)

12. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Yep I agree, this film was great, I don't know if its just coincidence or my secret preferences starting to show through but my two current favourite comic book/superhero films are actually about characters that don't actually have any powers of their own and use technology and/or training to take on the bad guys. They are Batman Begins and Iron Man, although with the new Dark Knight trailer I'm thinking I'll have a new favourite soon.

13. MikeTitan

MikeTitan Ling Ling: 273 Battle Points

I enjoyed it a lot. Only possibly bested by X-Men 1 & 2.

I think the Obediah Fight was rushed, however the movie was pushing 2 hours already, and I feel everything they had in it was fairly necessary. As far as product placement, they did a decent job. I don't mind this anymore since the movie companies saves a lot of money when they do this, and basically lets them do more. (More car crashed or something simple). I actually laughed at the burger king ad, I thought it was kinda funny with the commentary between Tony and Obediah.

I think they moved Obediah along just fine, but somehow the fight seemed rushed. I feel if we'd of actually saw some test of the big boy before hand then lead into what they had, it may have made the final confrontation more palatable.

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

watched an interview this morning about Ironman, and there brainstorming the 2nd film! this is shaping up to be a spiderman and X-men killer!

15. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

Yup, they signed the main characters on for two more movies, just in case.

I too felt like the Obediah fight was a bit rushed, however if it was dragged on, a lot of the less geeky audience (aka our women) might have gotten frustrated with the movie length.

16. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

This is probably the 2nd best comic book adaptation IMO. First one has got to be V for Vendetta. Also, the only two good ones.

And both of them has something in common.

**Main character takes a serious amount of bullet from surrounding badguys.
    **Main character says,"My turn".
    **Main character beats the crap out of the badguys.

I couldn't stop laughing at that part, despite it not being a comedic moment.

I read a review saying it's not a good idea to take your spouse to this movie unless you are both really committed or you like to live life dangerously,*direct quote*, due to Downey Jr. LoL.

I went with my sisters though, and they loved it.

17. BlueOcean

Today. I ran to see Iron Man the movie it was good movie. This guy Tony Stark have nice audi R8 sport and Roll Royce Phantom. I also today ran to Audi Car Audio Dealership. I want to sit inside Audi R8. Too bad.Someone have purchase this Audi R8 cost $160.000 canadian Doll. They don't have the Audi R8 for show room. The saleperson say take 2 year to order this sportcar.

18. dom_

dom_ --->

Fixed.
    Seriously stop missing words out, it makes it very hard to read you posts.

19. BlueOcean

Sorry a about it. Thank you for telling me I have missing words out?.

20. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

A - what about 300?
    B - compared to the comic, V for Vendetta was awful. Yes, the film was good, but it was hardly a decent adaptation.

I'm sooo looking forward to the Watchmen movie though.

Tags: