1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News GTA MMO developed by Crackdown team?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 May 2008.

1. misterd

misterd dremel eater

2. Major

Major Guest

3. Anakha

Anakha Minimodder

4. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

LOL could you imagine? It would be like a massive riot going on 24/7! You couldn't get anything done! (of course they would find a way to get around it)

5. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

They should have just started making Crackdown 2.. Crackdown was so much fun but there's also loads more they could do with it. It'll be a huge missed opportunity if they don't get working on it. GTA is what is it because of the work put into the city... rehasing this other game and forcing into a GTA game just won't work. How could it.

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

exactly, I shoot someone, someone shoots me, I respawn and steal a car but get shot while trying to steal it. fun...

7. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

oh I hope they dont, GTA is bad enough dont need to make an online gange community lol, whats out on the streets is bad enough ~_~

8. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

An MMO for GTA? Sounds like a simulation of pure anarchy... sounds like Utopia to me.:eyebrow:

TBH, I never understood the appeal of the GTA games to start with, but that's just me. Nothing like a good wholesome game chocked full of doing illegal stuff to entertain the youth of our great planet. My bet is that this MMO will be full of teen and pre-teen players whose parents are TFS (too f**king stupid) to make a good judgement call on what type of game they buy for their kids.

9. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

thankyou. And tris, the reason behind that, and WOW, is best summed up in the manner of House- Everyones an idiot.

If they didn't bother with the multiplayer and put all of their effort into the singleplayer, they would have had something unrivaled in brilliance, instead, some of the singleplayer missions where a bit, well, less awesome than the rest of them. If they were all up to the quality of the first mission on the boat and the sniper mission then it would have been flawless.

COD4 is a terrible multiplayer. They have some serious balancing issues with the weapons, such as the nade laucher- click mouse to gain frag, and don't get me started on the martyrdom perk, aka the single dumbest idea in a game ever

10. knuck

knuck Hate your face

agreed but ... that's because you have played on public servers only. When it comes to competition, the game is just as good as cod 1 ans 2.. too bad it,s all about fcking search and destroy though

anyway, back on topic... I wonder how they could actually make a GTA MMO that is not completely chaotic with everyone just driving over other players and raping prostitues in the middle of the street ? (said that way, this game would be completely insane)

11. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Im excited. always liked the idea of mmo, just never seen any thing i was real interested in. im not big on the "click this go there" things. as long as it's got real game play and feels like the gta series, I'd play it.

after thought. - With the idea of multilayer being so popular. i do enjoy them. but i also have dial up at my house. so i think if a company comes out with a single player game, there should be a single player first. or do them to gather like normally. but with mmos, its normally a 5 minute single player then online for the rest.

Tags: Add Tags