1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Crackers attack epileptics via website

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 May 2008.

1. specofdust

specofdust Banned

To you, maybe. Me? I'm not feeling particularly empathic tonight, so I can see the funny side without being inhuman enough to recognise that were I a person with epillepsy I would be deeply saddened and angered by this.

Hey, it was a slow night....

2. knuck

knuck Hate your face

hahaha

I love the irony :D

of course I could try to defend myself by saying that I don't support this and bla bla bla... but right now , it's just funny in my opinion ;)

3. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Those individuals that perpetrated this stunt are the dregs of society. If caught, their punishment should be community service related to helping those that suffer from seizures. If they were to witness one first hand as I have, they would never do something like this again. If the community service doesn't make them realize what they did was horrible and inhumane, then they would be better useful as food for worms.

Years ago when I was younger, I witnessed a close friend of mine have a seizure. She had been having them periodically, but this was the only one I had witnessed first hand. One minute she was fine, the next, completely out of control. To not be in control of your own body, its muscles, your movements, that is a scary prospect. You see that happen to someone you care about and you would never think something like this stunt is remotely funny.

4. Woodspoon

Woodspoon What's a Dremel?

I actually have epilepsy, fortunately it's not photosensitive but it's still pretty F**king unplesant and anyone who thinks this is even mildly funny really should try having a seizure before commenting, I've lost several teeth and cracked my skull several times when having them and I'm quite lucky as it's relatively under control some people have them 3 or 4 times a day!
    But it's seem as though there's a bunch low life's out there who think its funny, you sad pathetic W*****S!
    I'm a member of a couple of epilepsy forums and both have received cracker/hacker attacks recently one of which was blaming Ebaumsworld, which then naturally denyed all knowledge, so it would seem that there's a group out there with a real chip on their shoulder and their not even brave enough to own up to what their doing anonamously.

I'd like to throw a brick at the head's of these cretins to let them know how it feels when your head hit's the ground!
    Ooh! I'm so damn angry! not for me but for everyone I know that has it much worse than me.

5. Woodspoon

They could have them turned off but it wouldnt make any difference.
    Photosensitivity works on the speed of the flashing and that speed is different for everyone, some people cant watch T.V. others it's car indicators that do it.
    They fire a strobe light in your face at varying speeds to find the trigger speed without setting you off, It's not very nice.

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Oh whatever man

Don't tell me you've never laugh at a joke that makes fun of some disabilities or illness. Humor is not always kind to everyone and I, like a lot of people, happen to like crude and ironic humor. Does it mean that I actually laugh at people having strokes and so on ? Hell no

Of course what these hackers did is reprehensible (there I go, trying to save my ass) and unacceptable, but it doesn't change anything to the fact that from the outside, the irony of of the 'message' is funny...or at least it is to me

7. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

first, i suggest you learn what irony is. this isn't irony. this is malice.

second, i suggest you learn the difference between "real life" and "fiction"

i have another funny story for you, ghys. look! some guy wanted to hurt some other people. and they got hurt. how FUNNY. how IRONIC. you know what? i bet they didn't even see it coming. they must have been so surprised. that makes it even funnier. let's all laugh at them together, now.

Last edited: 10 May 2008
  8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Agreed. This isn't ironic. It is kinda funny though. Still. Losing it's funneh though.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

*goes of googling to find out what the hell happens in the brain for this to happen*

if someone is offended from this then DON'T search "offended" in encyclopediadramatica... i have seen it and it is far sicker than this news article will ever be..... damn internet hate machine!

edit: even if you were not offended don't search it, it is to much for human eyes.

10. Woodspoon

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I think the irony of the situation is, that there was the potential for someone to go to the site to read about how to avoid epileptic fits, yet the site would actually cause the fit.
    i.e. the search for a cure causes the symptoms, that is ironic.

Now the fact this is a real life situation takes away from the funny, however if this were a sketch on a comedy show it would be a blast, therefore I had a guilty giggle to myself.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Thank you. This is the way I see it

13. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

qft

I got about half way before I started to feel ill. I still feel ill. Someone must have spent ages making that, thinking that it was funny.

I don't think that was the intention. The intention was to hurt as many people as possible... where would people with epilepsy be likely to visit? The epilepsy forum, ergo that was the target.

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Yeah, I got about that far too before closing it. And I thought I was desensitised :(

It is pretty funny that someone made it though. Christ..they got issues.

15. haggisathome

haggisathome What's a Dremel?

i have held off posting about this topic , but like all things something must be said ...

your from Canada .... that just says it all i suppose , i used to suffer from epilepsy my self . yes is lots of fun waking up covered in blood were you have bit your tongue or lip , then wondering were the hell you are for 2 sometimes longer hours . you see until you have a fit , you just cant understand what it like ... you really cant

i have been lucky that i have out grown epilepsy , but i will never never forget what its like . and to have people think its funny that a website hacked and the potential damage that could be caused to people all in the name of a sick joke .... well your just as bad as the people who carried out the sick act .

perhaps one day you will develop the condition , and then ... only then will you fully understand ...

16. MaximumShow

MaximumShow Minimodder

?

17. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Don't take this the wrong way mate, but you've never laughed at something you really shouldn't have? You've never laughed at someone else's misfortune? Honestly?

18. Major

Major Guest

Well I'm one of those people that does laugh at people's misfortune, but this just isn't funny at all. I thought the Madeline joke was funny in the other thread, but this doesn't have any depth to it at all.

19. haggisathome

haggisathome What's a Dremel?

any sufferers with photosensitive epilepsy find the situation funny ? trust me until you have had a fit you can not understand what its like , and to find it funny .... i wont waste my breath any more on the subject . we all have our opinions ...

20. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

oh ffs, anyone under 24 probably thinks they`re being "so" contraversial, then they`ll grow up.

Tags: Add Tags