1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which fanboys are the worst?

Discussion in 'General' started by sotu1, 14 May 2008.

?

Which fanboys are the worst?

1. PS3

32 vote(s)
    9.6%
  2. XBox

23 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. PC

15 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. Mac

135 vote(s)
    40.5%
  5. Linux

41 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. bit-tech

12 vote(s)
    3.6%
  7. nintendo/wii

3 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. All of them. By definition.

72 vote(s)
    21.6%
  1. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Mac fanboys because no matter how many times their apple products break they still say they are of higher quality then anything a PC manufacturer makes. The ones I seem to run in to never seem to obey logical arguments, like "I wanted 13.3" but dedicated graphics", they say "You should have got a Macbook anyway, the quality is better" or even worse "You should have gotten a macboook pro"(despite the fact that I said I didn't want a 15.4" laptop and it costs over $400 more). All fanboys are bad though, Linux ones can be annoying, but many of them will help me when I have Linux issues, so they aren't quite as bad, and since I'm a gamer, many accept that I use Windows as my primary OS for that reason(WINE didn't do it for me).

2. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

Mac, Linux and playstation. definately

3. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

4. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

mac mostly. i own buttloads of apple crap (two ipods, for some reason, along with an MBP, ah PBG4 before that, along with assorted stuffs), and do like macs themselves, but after having gone to uni with mac fanboys and now working with them i have this to say: shut the hell up or i'll garrotte you with one of my MagSafe cables!

by extension, all other fanboys.

Last edited: 15 May 2008
  5. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

Mac! Sweet lord Mac...

They shut up less then Linux children...

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That's just why Linux fanboys are the worst. It sucks too much for anyone normal to use, but they feel the need to defend it anyways :)

But I voted for all. Anyone who tries to convert me to anything can burn for all I care. If anyone wants to have a reasonable discussions of the merits of two different products, fine.

7. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

xbox... they annoy me

8. Fophillips

Fophillips What's a Dremel?

I’m really surprised how many people have said Linux. I’m just wondering what you consider to be "fanboyish", a real example would be nice.

9. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Survey says.... Mac's!
    or Some linux people.

10. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I think pretty much people getting annoyed at them when people constantly go on about how linux is better and ignore any valid arguments against linux, and mention whenever they can that they use linux and they're much better than other people because they know how to use linux, and while they say that everyone should switch, they secretly don't want them to and most of the time only say it when they know people won't do it. Plus they can't even agree on which distro is the best.

I'm not that bothered by them really, there aren't that many linuxs fanboys that I've encountered, plenty of linux fans but then that's a completely different matter, and when I do come across them I find them far less irritating than a mac fanboy. A lot of linux users don't get caught up in fanboyism but with macs it's usually a much higher % of users get caught up in the whole iproduct lifestyle crap Jobs tries to sell them.

11. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

news article:"windows security flaw discovered: patched."
    normal person: "wow, i guess i need to apply that security update then"
    linux fanboy: "USE LINUX AND YOU'LL NEVER HAVE ANY SECURITY PROBLEMS EVAR"
    normal person: "but what about the things i need windows for that are simply not developed to a usable standard on linux yet?"
    linux fanboy: "WHAT? I USE BASH LOL"

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

had to say Mac, they all seem to think god himself designed a computer and the software painted it all white and gave it to them.

13. Fophillips

Hmm, I have yet to come across anyone like that. You are obviously moving in the wrong circles.

That’s because there isn’t a "best" distro, each one is tailored to a specific use. I use Gentoo, and wouldn’t even consider using Ubuntu. For most it is the opposite.

14. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I will admit that i am a linux fanboy, but i do not try to flaunt it against others (unless i am joking around). I try to give an impartial look at everything so therefore i hate all fanboys. I will use what suits me the most, and when the time comes will support it (which is what i consider fanboyism and what i do)

15. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

I voted Mac but you forgot about the most important ones AMD vs Intel fanboys and ATI vs nVidia fanboys

16. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

i did think about that...but i think intel are currently whupping AMD and nvidia is whupping ati/amd to the extent that even fanboys recognise there is this huge divide.

17. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

well for myself I will never return to nVidia, I despise the company among other reasons so I will be with ATI until they dont exist and then well if that only leaves me nVidia well I will just get back into cars =p and as far as Intel/AMD I can go either way but I prefer AMD just in general but ya I dont want to start some flame war as well those kind of arguments are well just a waste of time so I have voted and I am now done with this thread, ta ta ^_^

18. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah I can only really remember 1 or 2 people like that, they're not that widespread.

19. Fophillips

Unfortunate for the rest of us.

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

All of 'em.

Can't stand anyone going on about how one thing is better than the other thing for some utterly ridiculous reason.