1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus responds to Gigabyte 'disinformation'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 21 May 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

now now children settle down. i'm disappointed a little by this, Asus and Gigabyte are my top two choices when it comes to stuff like mobos and gpus. let's just merge the two together and call them gigasus. that's got a nice ring to it. sorry early morning and the brain hasn't woken up yet.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Let them both give better support to end users, then they can bitch and moan as much as they want

4. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Wow, quite the schoolyard fight indeed. Honestly Asus should just not respond to Gigabyte's "leaked" documents and just keep on pumping out the quality, innovative kit that they've been producing lately. Bickering via press releases with a rival company just seems so pointless.

5. PhenomRed

PhenomRed What's a Dremel?

can we start one of those chants where everyone stands around in a circle yelling "FIGHT!"

6. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Agreed...

Sort of like how trying to download Asus drivers from their website often come in at a blazing 24kB/sec...

<sigh>

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The world doesn't seem to be complete unless there's drama everywhere.

Reminds me of the kind of fights that happen between friends when they're drunk. You know, where they're all angry, and then after a few punches they're back to how they were before hand.

8. Mister_X

Mister_X Chaotic Neutral

My 4 previous self build PC's have used ASUS motherboards, but after never EVER getting a response from tech support in over a decade of use, I've moved over to Gigabyte with my latest machine.

Asus hardware is nice, well specced but the support is shockingly bad. Too early to tell what Gigabyte is like but its a good sign that i've not had to use their support....

9. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

why are companys those days engaged in so much in public slaging contests.
    They should focus on making sure there products are better.

Gigabyte's next responce should just be "Your Mum"

10. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

The thing is - it seems to have worked. Both companies are being talked about all over the place (at least in tech-circles), just because of this little petty squabble. It goes back to the old adage of "Any publicity is good publicity".

Gigabyte were playing with fire a little bit there. Stating a competitor may have made a mistake / is inaccurate in an aspect of their business is fair enough (as long as its true) - but surely writing things like "How can you expect to believe them? Everything they say is a lie! They are the ultimate purveyors of filth, and should be banned from procreation! Damn them all! I hope Lucifer himself uses their headquarters as his new toilet!" - is that not a teensy-weensy bit Libellous?

You, sir, should be nominated as Gigabyte's next marketting director.

11. jim48509

jim48509 What's a Dremel?

+1

12. zero0ne

zero0ne Minimodder

ABIT People!!!

just go ABIT!

check their forums to see how dedicated their staff members are!
    (answer: more than other companies!)

13. scarrmrcc

scarrmrcc What's a Dremel?

what about asbyte?
    (get it ass-bite? eh? eh?)

14. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

"Gigabyte would also like to bring to your attention the fact that Asus are obviously trying to mislead consumers by branding their boards 'Republic of Gamers'. As any geography or politics student will tell you, such a republic does not and has never existed. Such blatant lies and misinformation must not go unpunished.

We urge Asus to rescind their appalling product naming convention, and instead use a more accurate and precise description. May we suggest renaming the boards to 'Non politically biassed random conglomerate of peoples and entities who happen to enjoy playing video games, acknowledging the system may be used for other tasks unrelated to electronic entertainment' boards."

</reducto ad absurdum>

15. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Predicted Asus comeback?

"I know you are, you said you are, but what am I?"

16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

And that's why my boards are MSI/Intel in this house.

17. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Because you forsaw a childish argument between GB and Asus? Strange reason to go MSI imo...jk jk of course. I've used Asus, GB and Abit in a number of different builds, all of them are really nice, I've personally never had problems with GB boards so I prefer those though.

18. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

Well as Gbyte quite blatantly called Asus liars and Asus's response is to throw a wobbly rather than legal action I'm inclined to believe Gbyte.

19. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

That made me smile inside. They need a budget, integrated graphics version called "Republic of Office Workers" or would that be dictatorship, I dont know.

Banter aside, I love it when companies get like this, it reminds me that no matter how big a company gets, they somehow still manage to be no more mature about things than me about 5 years ago when someone proved me wrong.

20. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

I have to say I've had good support from gigabyte, and i run a gigabyte mobo and used to have an old gigabyte 6600gt. i emailed them and within a day or two i got a decent response that resolved issues, not some half assed copy and paste job.

kudos to gigabyte.

Tags: Add Tags