1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Haze not in HD, needs 4GB install

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 May 2008.

1. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I played the demo on a 46" Tv and it looked ok to me graphics wise, game it self Im not too sure about.

Might get this game when its £20 which I think wont take very long.

2. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Ouch, I thought to myself when I saw the commercials, if only this was for the 360, looks like a great game!

Than I read that review. Thank God it's not for the 360 >_<' lol

3. kempez

kempez modding again!

Played the demo and saw it had some potential but it wasn't far from a standard FPS. I don't believe for a second the PS3 can't run at 1080p, just lazy devs

4. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

fps and or more AA > hi res? Yep.

I've literally not played gta4 in days because of the shitty framerate, ill probably be playing the penny arcade game through before I even touch GTA again

5. kempez

kempez modding again!

Not even noticed dropped frames in GTA IV :confused:

I mean I've played with a LOT of computer graphics hardware in my time and I HATE low frames (below 30FPS), so either I've been having too much fun to notice GTA being laggy or it hasn't happened and I think the latter. I have noticed some pop-up, but with a game that big I'll forgive it a little

6. CowBlazed

CowBlazed What's a Dremel?

So much for the PS3 Cell technology, what 7 processors and it can't even run a measly 1280x720 pixels? Pshh my old AMD64+x850xt rig can do it no problem.

7. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

more and more glad i got a xbox 360.

When i bought it i didnt even play it for about 3months but now im really getting into it. The ps3 has no good games....wait let me rephrase that - The ps3 has no stable games. pro evo 2008 lags INSANE amounts on the ps3 yet its fine on xbox 360, apparently people are complaining GTA 4 is lagging on the ps3 yet im running it perfectly on the xbox 360 - i had one second lag once when i had all the stars and the entire police force chasing me but that dissappeared straight away and i never feel any stutter or lag and iv yet to experience any real problems. The xbox crashed once in gears of war but i blame the game more as its quite demanding graphically.

Heres some advice for anyone that wants to get a new console - get a xbox 360. Gears of war, pro evo, gta 4, halo 3 (well halo is ok, not amazing like its made out) and the highly long awaited sequel gears of war 2. If you want to know exactly what next gen graphics is then look that up, gears of war 2 or search for my thread about it - theres a video of what is really next gen graphics.

I was seriously considering getting a ps3 in a few months but i think il wait for the revised version maybe when it actually works properly.

Sony have really shot themselves in the foot with their poor service, poor products and poor quality.

Last edited: 20 May 2008
  8. kempez

kempez modding again!

And there was me thinking this was a community of technically informed people seeking honest and unbiased new and reviews on which to comment on. I actually thought idiots who can't see the wood for the trees didn't appear as much on here, but I was wrong

I have a high end gaming PC, a PS3 and a 360 and I love them all and play them all in their turn. Get over the uneducated comments people :wallbash:

The 360 and the PS3 are both spanking great consoles, as is the Wii, it's just a shame devs can't get used to working with the PS3 :sigh:

It's deffo a shame that the devs can't get Haze to play nicely as it could be a great game on the PS3. Ah well! :lol:

9. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

My argument begs the question why cant devs make better games for the ps3? They seem to be running fine on the xbox 360?
    Perhaps because the ps3 is a pile of rubbish to design for?

Im not a fanboy of any console but I do hate Sony for the cheap end tactics they have done over the years - Screwing the European market over time and time again, crapper consoles with emulation software and not hardware - lower spec'd ps3s and no more backwards compatibility even though this was their main selling point at the beginning along with the blu-ray player and suddenly doing a U-turn on it, their previous consoles that used exactly the same accessories in joypads and multitaps yet the dooche bags make you buy them new just to utilise 4 player...the expensive cost of the ps3 here compared to the USA - do i really need to go on?

Despite all this Im still willing to buy their shoddy ps3 or atleast I was. The only good game coming is metal gear solid 4 and thats it for a while i bet?

Maybe these bias views from people originate from somewhere, they dont just appear from nothing so please dont assume they are uneducated!

10. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

The whole 'HD Gaming' hype is a joke, PC gamers have been playing games in 'HD' for years

11. Xir

Xir Modder

...Most people in Europe don't have access to "True HD" resolutions anyway, as most TV's sold here are "HD-Ready"...which is 720 instead of 1080 ;-)

So we shouldn't care

12. kylew

kylew What's a Dremel?

If you're only playing offline then you wont notice any lag anyway ;) :D

13. kempez

kempez modding again!

I'm referring to graphical lag, or frame-rate drops - both terms for the same thing.

I think we'll see better coded games coming out for the PS3 in time - Konami are bloody lazy generally, PES 6 and PES 2008 weren't exactly shining examples of HD gaming on either console, though I agree the PS3 version was unplayable to the extreme

14. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Yeah, my friend's got a PS3 with Pro Evo 2008 and it's terrible! Playing on a standard definition TV, it really looks no different to Pro Evo 5 on the xbox (1) and suffers loads of lag. It doesn't really affect the gameplay but it's looks bad.

15. Keivz

Keivz What's a Dremel?

Actually, it's 1024x576 w/ 2xAA.

---

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think the more pressing thing about Haze is, it sucks.

Halo 3 doesn't run in 720, but people still want to have it's children (And a great number of people still think it's terrible), so clearly, having the console scale it from whatever the devs do it in to 720 is a non-issue.

17. kempez

kempez modding again!

Aye, I don't particularly like Halo 3 SP and I certainly wasn't impressed by it graphically

18. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Well when you say things like "PS3 has no Stable games" based solely on ONE unstable game (Pro Evo) it's not hard to come to the assumption of biased/uneducated views on the console. PS3 has plenty of stable games, the few that don't run 100% doesn't represent even half of the library. I could say the same for the Xbox 360 if I wanted based on Bully: Scholarship Edition, but I know that is not the case, and that game not running correctly (on the easy to develop for Xbox 360) is a dev issue, not the console.

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Orange Box is inferior on PS3 too.

20. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I want a ps3, i dont care which console wins but bottom line is i want good games to play and if thats with the ps3 then fine so be it except its so dam annoying giving in to Sony.
    Its just im sick and tired of all their BS as mentioned and then they make a console thats a piece of rubbish to design for. If the orange box runs fine on the other consoles and pc's but struggles on the ps3, thats maybe a one off chance. If GTA 4 and also pro evo 2008 are struggling, big games that are made by very experienced develeopers and yet they do fine on say the xbox 360 then it seems like a pattern emerging here - maybe it is hard to make games for it?

I just wish they could all agree on one console together and work together to offer the customer everything they need, all the best games on one consoles - it would increase their target market audience with no fanboys and everyone just buying the one console, everyone buying the games, everyones a winner.

It will never happen though.

Tags: Add Tags