1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware First Look: Acer Aspire Predator Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 May 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. dslickness

dslickness What's a Dremel?

Holy Crap!
    I'm usually against pre-modded cases that are fancy looking. But this thing is on a totally different level. Like a Ferrari of the computer cases.
    That concept with the flip bay door is really clean. Plus the paint job looks top notch.
    Finally a premade work of art =)

3. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

The slidy door thing looks amazing but I cant see how something that big cant feel clumsy, does it wobble side to side on the arms?Personally I think buying a computer of this type is a daft idea but credit to Acer for seemingly pulling it off especially allowing users to perform upgrades themselves. Although I do feel its all a little excessive.

I really dislike the optical drive bay covers.

4. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

I'd buy the case... probably not the computer.

5. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

That's a cool case, and I own a love a P182.

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I'd break that door within a month by accident >.>

7. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Wow... neat looking case. Definitely not to my taste but hey at least they tried something different looking. I much prefer HP's Blackbird lineup but that's probably just me. I still can't see anyone paying that much money for a pre-built 'ultimate gaming rig' but hey... some people are far richer and faaaaar lazier than I.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No wobble at all - it's a really well made door with a nice mechanism. The only problem is that it's a bit plasticy but it works well. They only need to reinforce the hard drive door (which im sure they will) :)

Dark - slightly impossible since you'd have to break the whole thing apart instead.

Sorry for the lack of click for wins but the lighting was terrible - it was an orange case under orange light in the dark which made it almost impossible to shoot. :(

9. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

I really have to agree with that. I was stunned when I saw the pic on the first page. The rest of the pics were less good, but the design of the case is so sick! I'll send them an email and ask if they sell it seperately :)

10. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I bet my balls it's just another steel case wrapped in plastic (the Alienware syndrome) no matter how fancy they look outside, it's always the same story in there... Dunno if its really a bad thing, but I'm just a big fan of these. Neither am I a fan of Acer, but seeing it's just a bit tweaked with otherwise normal components in side, it can't go wrong too bad. I think I'll take a look at the full article if/when one comes.

11. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

I always love the "awesome" names people give to pre built high spec rigs.

Sniper, Trooper, Eliminator, Crusher advance and destroy all those in front of you!

LOL, sound like cheesy bad guy names.

12. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Exactly lol.

Nice looking case but I'm not a huge fan of the colour. A black, silver or white would look much better.

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

love the chassis but not on orange, silver would be frickin sweet

14. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

wait, wait... so i f i want to sawp a CD, i need to flip the front up?
    But that'll knock over yesterdays half-empty can of coke, the stack of CDs and the box of tie-tips that are on top of the case!

Don't tell me this is an unlikely scenario, teenagers bedrooms is where thins thing wil live.

15. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

You all saw the photos of it with the door up.

That amount of ugly will burn your eyes out after a while!

16. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

my god its absoulty hideous, and i really dont see many sales, for it at all

17. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

my god its absoulty hideous, and i really dont see many sales, for it at all

18. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Acer's warranty partner (Esplex) used to be good people to deal with, but now they're a complete pain in the backside, so I have to argue with the attractive warranty comment.

19. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

The case looks extremely cheap with all this plastic, sorry. The design is... well beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my 14 year ould cousin would love this thing.

I consider 1600€ already quite highend. And if I would buy a highend machine, it would certainly be not from Acer. But then they do know that.

20. naokaji

naokaji whatever

they would have to give it out for free. cover the cost of getting rid of the case and the mental damage from having touched an acer before I would consider it, simply put, its an Acer, I've seen enough of their Notebooks that have massive Quality Issues and non existant support.
    The Case, well, if your 10 and need to impress false friends.... but for me? no thx.

Tags: Add Tags