1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoid Doomsday

Discussion in 'General' started by Ryu_ookami, 24 May 2008.

1. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

No, not the end of the world but the film "Doomsday".

I've just got back from the pictures and I've never seen such a blatant mish-mash of others films just jammed together to try and make a new film.

Whoever made the film has lifted whole scenes from "The Warriors" + "Mad Max 2" + "Army of Darkness" + "Chronicles of Riddick" and then just had them re-acted sometimes movement for movement.

The acting whilst in places is good doesn't make a good enough impression that it lifts the film. The film at best is mediocre at worst it's down right awful.

2. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

I posted a similar warning on IMDB, now I try not to create flame-bait posts where possible but sometimes you have to let rip. And this was one of those times. This film sucked donkey balls!! Its ****ing atrocious! So cheesey, the scene where the bentley crashes through the side of the bus just made my blood boil. And wtf was with the parts with the medieval knights and castle?! A complete rip off of every post apocalyptic film ever made. Avoid like bum rape!

Thank god I didnt pay to see this film, now you might say "well you didnt see it so why are you so mad" well I have to say screw you! IF I did pay to see this film at the cinema the "director" would have obtained a portion of my hard earned cash, complete rip-offs like this deserve no approval or acceptance. If the film would have been good or watchable in its own way, I would have happily paid for the DVD release as I have done with many films.

You might have guessed I didnt like this film in some way... :)

Last edited: 24 May 2008
  3. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Hmmn, I didn't fancy the look of this one at all and it sounds like I was right. I get the impression its a cut 'n' paste job of what the film makers thought were good ideas from other films and all too often they end up playing as a badly cut together series of clips.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I just liked it because they sealed off the north of England and Scotland, I didn't pay to watch it, someone gave us free tickets and we went.

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I enjoyed it purely because it was a mish-mash of what it was, I was expecting it to be cheesy, and I loved it, but not as much as I loved Army of Darkness :D.

6. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

i watched it up to the point where a crazy scotsman fired a crossow bolt THROUGH AN APC at that point i thought stuff this.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

do not underestimate the power of a crazy scotsman!

8. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Mwahahahaha

9. Ryu_ookami

you mean the bit where he fired it through the broken drivers window?

yep thats some super powerul crossbow that :rock: though I have to admit it wouldn't have surprised me by that point if the APC had suddenly become a transformer and driven it's self as "Transformers" is one of the few films it didn't rip off.

10. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

11. Ryu_ookami

ok and that has what to do with this thread?

12. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

damn is it really that bad? iIve loved Neil Marshalls 'Dog Soldiers' and 'The Descent', even 'Combat' was alright. Thought it sounded great, but then saw the trailers and realised it looked terrible.. guess it is one to avoid :sigh:

Incidentally in a slight boast, met Neil Marshall a fair few times and he's a bloody nice bloke

13. Ryu_ookami

I loved dog soldiers, I even liked descent but this is awful it looks like its been put together by a group of media students that are on a course entitled "how to churn out mindless, boring, pointless, useless, inane garbage and get paid to do it" by the way the course would probably last 2 hours and be held in a broom cupboard somewhere.

To be perfectly honest I was looking forward to this as it did look good however after watching it. I would rather waste 2 hours of my life smashing my testicles between two large house bricks to see what interesting shades of red, purple, green and black I could discover rather than waste it watching this film again.

14. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I don't know, but it made me snort with laughter. I'm not a misogynist...I swear...

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

yeah right!!! :p

16. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

By no means a good film, I did enjoy the ride. Yeah it's a blatent rip off of other films but many a film can be criticized for that. The APC scene instantly reminded me of the Aliens film. Maybe I've got a bit more tolerance for watching shoddy film, especially after torturing myself with this dire sci-fi Recon 2022. :duh:

P.S the reason the crossbow bolt went through threw the APC window, was because it was blown out previously.

Tags: