1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Rogue (NZXT Rogue SFF) It lives! Aug 13, '08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by craigbru, 28 Feb 2008.

1. yeknom

yeknom What's a Dremel?

Man, it's a wonder how you manage to fit all of those things in there. Great work!

Gotta love the housemodding too.

2. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

In that pic, there's a detail I haven't thought about before: red IDE cable. Is that just a coincidence, Craig? :lol:

3. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

yeah definitely this is a fully kitted out pc in a sff case! by the way where'd you get those wi-fi dongles? with the external sma connectors?

4. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

does it have a fridge to keep all the cheesecake cooled? :lol:

Craig, this is one of the few mods that really stands out from the crowd, i'm happy you are back on track mate!

5. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

it all comes together...woohoo!!!

Can't wait to see the FIN pics...I love this case!

6. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

house wiring with the walls off = cake

that case not looking like a rats nest = head exploding

im not sure that i could handle all that cable management in that case with out damaging something in my brain

7. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Thanks! I had a bluetooth adapter in LOSIAS, and I used it quite a bit. It worked well for syncing my smartphone, and I also used it with a headset for Skype.

The USB hub is a stripped down external unit. I took it apart quite some time ago, so I have no shots of it while still assembled.

Yeah, I do have the thing pretty loaded! About the only additional thing I thought about adding, was a card reader. I never use one though, so I thought it might be a bit much.

Thank you man. It cause me more than a few nights worth of stress.

The red IDE cable is intentional. I had a silver rounded cable in there first, but switched to the red ribbon. I wanted to use it from the beginning, but it took some creative folding to get it to fit under the tray.

The wi-fi adapters are from Via. They are damn small!

http://www.logicsupply.com/products/vnt6656g6a40

Thank you. I suppose the TEC cooler can handle all the refrigeration duties!

Obviously I still have some work to do on the basement yet, but because of the nature of drywalling, I should have more time to dedicate to the Rogue.

Thanks! The end is in sight!

You're right, the house wiring was cake. The case wiring... not so much. I'm happy with way it turned out. I keep telling myself, it's got to be clean, no matter what.

8. Zm@steR

Zm@steR What's a Dremel?

@ Craigbru

:waah: I'm the only one you don't answer to...

9. craigbru

Sorry about that man! :duh: I guess I should have scrolled up a little farther. I bought the LCD from a distributer that doesn't sell to the public (Miller Tech), but it cost me a little over $240. Anything smaller, will cost less of course, but unless you buy something used, I doubt you could spend less than $150 or so. Try checking ebay, or maybe a few forums if you want to catch a good deal.

10. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i love that you reply to every one. thats so cool. and i forgot to mention how psyched i am to see this done

11. craigbru

I figure that if someone takes the time to comment, I owe them the time to make a response. That's part of what makes a great community. After all, we're just a bunch of guys (and a few ladies) who share a common passion. I've said it before, but I've been inspired by lots of cool projects and people before me, and am still inspired now. There's nothing better than seeing someone put up a new log. I love seeing their vision, and then see them follow through on it. I mean, really, how awesome is that? :rock:

12. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

A true modder at work.

13. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

amen to that

14. 00brood

00brood Noob is my middle name :P

Sweet mod man!!! can't wait to see it finished :thumb:

15. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

16. Elio

Elio What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the update on the basement! great work!(you do build everything on your own dont you?house, pc...)
    the rouge is looking great! every update you put more things in there!!! that case is like mary popins bag or something...the room never ends...
    and like Tec_ said it is very kind of you to take the time and answer everyone.:clap:
    Keep up the good work !!! just keeps looking better and better!:thumb:

17. craigbru

You're too kind!

I just want to pass the love along!

I keep thinking I should be done... obviously I'm really horrible at estimating time... wasn't I supposed to be done months ago? :D

No problem man. They work amazingly well. One word of advice though, be careful with the wiring as it enters the plug on the adapter side. It doesn't take kindly to sharp bends...

Lol, yeah, I guess I do seem to build a lot of my own stuff... Now that I think about it, I've got a old Jeep CJ-5 that I've been meaning to rebuild for years now... :thumb:

18. Elio

Elio What's a Dremel?

Well we now know what your next worklog is going to be...wonder how long it's gonna take to build the jeep...:hehe:

19. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Man, Craig. Thank you for the update. I kinda needed that, after all the drama in the past couple of days' worth of layoffs at work! Don't you just love the U.S. economy? :rolleyes:

20. Matticus

Matticus ...

That update has made my night cheers for that.

I am going to be both glad and sad when this mod is finished, its like a good book or film (but mainly book) where you want to read it all to get to the end of the story, but when its done you just wish it would just keep going on.

You are going to have to get started on something new straight away, otherwise I might actually have to start a mod myself.

Tags: