1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Mass Effect PC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 May 2008.

1. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

Well, Joe, you were praising how cinematic this game is, and you turned off motion blur?
    I think there's nothing more cinematic than that. Have you ever seen a movie without motion blur? :lol:

Sadly, I had to go down that road many times. Copy protection systems like Mass Effect's really give me a serious headache.

2. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

if i can find a way to remove the copy protection , I'll buy this game in a heartbeat.. that is... once I fix my windows installation :( :: grumbles about corrupted ntdll's ::

3. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

Are you saying this game doesn't support anti-aliasing? What about anisotropic filtering? Its not the UE3 engine is it?

4. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

It is the UE3 engine, which has never supported anti-aliasing as far as I know.

5. Henk

Henk Uninformed Opinionist

What is it with this myth that the UE3 engine doesn't support AA? In pretty much every review of a UE3 game I see either in the review itself or in the comments "It doesn't support AA in DX9". It works just fine in bioshock and UT3, although you have to enable it through the nvidia control panel. Dunno about ATI though.

6. Keivz

Keivz What's a Dremel?

I don't fear copy protection and have got the game preordered (ships 6/02, dang it!). The real question is does this game have self shadowing? There's been some hubbub on the forums (based on trailers and screenshots) that none of the self shadowing in the 360 version is present. Is this true?

Also, only ~30 frames per second on that rig? Seems a little demanding, no? I expect 40-50+ on UE3 games. I've got an 8800/e8400. Will I be able to place this on 'full' at a decent clip?
    ---

7. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

I'm not sure if the version reviewed is final code? if not it could be optimised before release.

all depends what resolution you're planning on running aswell of course

8. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

So it could be that in a couple of years the servers get switched off, the patch isn't released, and your game gets dumped in the bin.

Result!! Err.... :(

9. Multiplectic

Multiplectic His Stigness

As far as I can tell from the screenshots, they we're playing @ 1920x1200. If it's pulling 30 fps, I'd say it's a good number.
    That's a pretty high resolution.

10. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

yep that seems about right, be no probs getting it to run @ 60 on 1280x1024

11. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

Very few people ever install a game mroe then a couple times, a patch is going to be released after awhile disabling the 3 install limit. Talk about overreacting. Who said you had to call EA? Ever hear of e-mail? Worst case, buy the game and get a crack after, pirating is the dumest thing you can do, will only make things even worse and hurt the PC more. Peopel act like this DRM will make their PC's blowup, ridiculous, 99% of people will install the game and play without even noticing the DRM being there. typical tin foil hat BS paranoia. I have been gaming on PC since the 80s and Police quest games, I think maybe once I had to install a game more the 3 times, really, you upgrade every month to a new MOBO?

12. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

And of course every one who complained about Starforce were tin hat wearing nutters :rolleyes:

And what makes you think that there will be a patch to remove this sillyness? There hasn't been one for bioshock and its been out for over 9 months now why should any one have to crack there own game?

13. Lepermessiah

Companies like stardock are doing fine because there game budget is one tenth of big budget AAA games the Pc is seeing less of except ports. They don't need to sell as much to make a profit. if your Ok with Pc being relegated to indie, low budget strategy games (Al beit sins is a good one). That is an apple and oranges comparison and not relaity of the high cost of deleopment these days.

14. Lepermessiah

Because they said after awhile they will release a patch, and worst casse scanario get a crack, the very MINOR amount of people who will be installing more then 3 times can either call, e-mail or get a crack, hardly a big deal. Most people install a game once, stays on the HD until it is done, then that is it.

15. Lepermessiah

People whining because they don't want the So CALLED hassle, yet are willing to get a pirated copy, which opens their PC to possibly viruses, a buggier game, crashes..... Double Standards, all people do is look for something to cry about and exaggerate.

16. steveo_mcg

Ahh i see your going by there untested word and believing them on blind faith they'll keep that promise, i'll wait for proof. Your are right (never thought i'd say that) people complain about the hastle of these cp systems and then go faffing around with cracks are being hypocritical.

17. Lepermessiah

How is it malicious? get real, take off the tin hat, it does nothing malicious, 99% of people will not even know it is there.

18. steveo_mcg

Neither did starforce and 99% of people wont know its there until it breaks!

19. Lepermessiah

This is not starforce, starforce was much worse.

20. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

So I don't see the game available for purchase from anywhere but the release date says May 6th.

Nevermind, available today.

Tags: Add Tags