1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Original Half Life

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mutznutz, 18 Jan 2008.

1. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

hmm moden games try to be too much like films but it dosen't work if the game lasts 20hrs odd. Freespace 2 had one of the most amazing moments in gaming where you come through the clouds and find a VAST fleet of the ships that you thought there was only one of. The one you destoroyed took several missions and sevearly depleted humanities forces so the moment you see them you kinda know its the end for humanity
    its not

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

i kept getting blown up by that supernova so i uninstalled it. i even had the fastest ship and used the glide cheat while at full afterburner.

3. Steve-0

Steve-0 What's a Dremel?

I've played HL1 probably 8-10times so far, not many times compared to some people
    had quake 1 and 2 on pc, doom collection etc. star trek elite force
    good ole games

4. Millusdk

Millusdk What's a Dremel?

Have you heard about HL: Source? It is the original HL rebuild with Source... Only this one has been made by Valve

5. mutznutz

mutznutz Cos Ive got a beard u label me evil

It was a bit of a waste I've been told ... just rehashed textures not a proper source jobbie

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Pretty much. Nice if you have it, and a great excuse to replay, but nothing beyond the original.

7. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

at the end?, your ment to die it's one of the posible endings you can ethier stay and get blown up and help more ships out or go and survive but that is the last mission :p

8. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

QFT. It looked essentially identical to the original and had a bug where it didn't auto-save, so when you die, you go all the way back to the beginning.

What really set HL2 apart from, well, pretty much everything that had come before was not the graphics (which were incrediable), but the characters and the story. HL:S made some minor improvements to the graphics, but didn't do anything about adding the essential elements of HL2, and so it was really a sort of a fail.

9. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

just started playing hl:source last night, for the first 5 mins i was dissapointed in the graphics and but about the time the sh*t hit the fan i stopped careing, 6 hours later i crawled into bed

10. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Is there any way to skip the train introduction sequence on the original half life? It takes ages, and all I want to do is play :(

11. CardJoe

'fraid not. Just do what I do and start the game and then leave it playing while you go make a cup of irish tea.

12. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

How frustrating. I just wanted to drop in and play in between my revision sessions, but by the time it finished I barely got any playing time.
    Ah well, will just leave it running.

13. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Having played a decent chunk of it now, I can't actually remember the majority of it. I don't think I ever actually completed it :/
    I've just got to the surface, there's another of those monsters like there was in the blast pit, and there's also a minefield. How far through am I?

14. CardJoe

About 1/3rd or 1/2 I'd say.

15. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Finished! Took me ages to figure out how to beat the Nihilanth, but I did it.
    Now for Opposing Force...

16. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Op:For has one of my all time fave game moments, ever. Its during the training session at the start and you get to test your armoured vest - I absolutely love that little scene, I think its a moment of true genius.

17. staples

staples What's a Dremel?

haha when bored I always play a bit of HL.

Wish I could convince my friends to let me lan with them and press a big red button.
    Crowbar at the ready!!!

18. xaxaz

xaxaz What's a Dremel?

Oh the years I spent with HL1, those were good times. I remember having LAN's back in High School in my networking class and I got into mapping for a couple of years as well. :) I might have to replay this again after I finish Half-Life 2.

19. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

also finnsihed it (took a while since i stopped to study alot), think fallout 2 now

Tags: