1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should you be fired from your own job?

Discussion in 'General' started by sotu1, 2 Jun 2008.

1. Farmboy UK

Farmboy UK Hungry for knowledge

I dont do much at work, i keep a spreadsheet open with something from last week and go on the Internet/eat cake/chat/call people/text/emails. I should be fired

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Sounds like the working world.

What, you think I'm on lunch break right now?

Even still, I get my work done and help bring in money for the company. More importantly, I'm not one to hide my feelings about the product in fear of getting fired (because I wouldn't care for a minute), so management gets the brutal feedback they don't really want to but still need to hear. I expect that's really the only reason they keep me around - a consultant as with a cheap sales guy's pay.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Same here. And in my case, they would struggle to find someone else.

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'm sure my boss has considered it in the last 48 hours (little incident where I bumped a building with the ambulance :worried: ).

I don't know about should be fired, but there are a LOT of times when I'm thinking "I can't believe I get paid for this". SOme days we work a full 24 hour shift and don't do anything. We get paid to sleep (on company provided beds), go for coffee, watch TV, play video games and surf the net.

Of course, on the downside, some days you run your ass off, and my last two shifts I've gotten stuck with 4 and 5 hour runs to Seattle in the middle of the night.

5. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

well i got fired from my previous job whre i did overtime that where never paid always on time and did everything right and by the books now i spend a third of a day at home another at work and another outside i surf the web , play games , sleep in my job , and theres even talk about me getting a raise loool the work world it's tottaly mess up lool

ok ok i admited i do my job pretty well everything way before its needed and near perfection , so i have lots of deadtime , but even so i'm glad i got fired from my last one this job rocks lool

6. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

im glad i'm none of your bosses...by the sound of it hardly any of you do a hard days work!!! what has this country come to..hah

i work my nuts off all day every day. i wouldn't get fired :)

7. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

I work my ass off for little or no recognition. There are people that are half as competant as me that get promoted simply because its not what they know but who they know - They just kiss ass to the managers and it pays off. For me I cant do that and focus mainly on the work I do. Its an issue of pride and dignity and I really cant be one of those suck-ups because I dont see myself like that and wouldnt want to be known that way.

Im in all honesty constantly looking for the next step into something eles, something rewarding that I can add value to.

8. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

Yes and no. I do slack off a bit, but no more then anyone else who works there, so I'd say I'm average worker there and shouldn't be fired.

9. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Not really... you're paid to be on call. Given the ambulance reference I take it you're in the medical industry, so being paid to be on call is pretty damn important.

10. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

I haven’t sent a email or opened a spreadsheet since Friday. So yes I probably should!

11. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

Amen brother, i haven't got a desk job myself and my boss is in the office upstairs which is in the warehouse, and he likes to see what people are doing all the time, i work hard for 10 hours 5.5 days a week.

12. JCG

JCG What's a Dremel?

I'm just an intern, but I don't think they should fire me. I'm one of the few who know how to fix the ESLs and doesn't mind doing it. Though the boss didn't like me making a surround set with them. I tell you nothing beats a 60 inch plasma with blu-ray player and 35000 (no not a type really 35 thousand) euro worth of speaker for sound. :D

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I work my nuts off.

I just happen to have very little to work my nuts off on, which results in a lot of downtime for me.

14. Dave Penguin

Dave Penguin O hai.

Work is quite flexible here. I'm in charge of a few fairly large projects - so sometimes it gets very, very insanely busy, whereas others I'm literally forced to sit and wait twiddling my thumbs until I get a report that something has gone okay. As such, I usually keep Bit-Tech open in the background for moments like this, when I'd otherwise go mad re-reading the same documents and deliverables over and over again!

15. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

'Student' is an occupation... I wish I could be fired from it, exam hell sucks. I can't wait to actually get into the work world and actually have some structure to my day!

16. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

well,

being a creative i have to pretty much keep on it all the time. if im not sketching a new idea for something or modelling/making a prototype im actually researching my final year project. which is frankly procrastination of the highest form.

procrastination, is great.

17. dom_

dom_ --->

You deal with electrostatics?
    What brand you work with? I am a quad man through and through.

18. Nexxo

OK: YOU'RE FIRED!

[​IMG]

19. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

Our trump has better hair.

20. Nexxo

Your Trump has better hair than the Sydney Opera House. :p