1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant OcUK, yes, they can sink lower

Discussion in 'General' started by naokaji, 4 Jun 2008.

1. naokaji

naokaji whatever

I ordered a Foxconn Baclops from Ocuk, I paid 287.86£ on 30.05 by cc, 25£ of that was for shipping by Royal Mail. Yes, It's expensive, but there is currently no better mainboard on the market so I bit the bullet and wanted one. Two shops (ocuk and yoyotech) had it in stock, but only ocuk offered non courier delivery so I had to order from them.
    Now I got a Email that my order was shipped yesterday, with *surprise* city link, yup, ocuk changed the shipping from rm to citylink without my consent. Citylink is 9.55£ cheaper actually, but, I have a full time job (i.e. noone at home to receive it) and the citylink depot is out in the wilderness (no, i dont have a driving license or car), plus they charge a fuc*ing lot for redelivery on Saturday.
    So, OcUk charged me 25£ for the Shipping I agreed to and then changed it without my Consent to a cheaper shipping option (which equals theft) plus causes me a shitload of extra cost to get Citylink to do a redelivery on Saturday.

proof? here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and no, Its not a simple mistake as in it just shows the wrong shipping option, because otherwise there woudnt be a citylink tracking number provided.

In short, even if there is no other online shop that has something you want, think twice (or better 100 times) before you even consider giving the thiefs at OCuk any Business.

2. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

Phone them and ask for a refund?

3. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

When your spending £220 for a new mobo i wouldnt complain about £25.

4. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

He's not complaining about £25. He's saying it's worth it for the non hassle RM gives, compared to citylink.

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Have you checked the actual tracking number is the right one? That it's not just a RMSD number in a City Link box?

6. RTT

RTT #parp

Thanks for your insightful contribution :rolleyes:

It could have just been human error - ring them and ask them to refund the difference, or simply refuse delivery and ask for a full refund altogether. Remember also your CC company is on your side too.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Eugh. I stopped dealing with those idiots some time early last year.

I'd had trouble with them in the past, but my experience put the final bullet in, for me. Bought an IDE 80gb drive, and some SATA drives of 320gb. They labeled the IDE drive wrong (The part code matched a 250gb seagate SATA drive, which is what they tried to give me, four times in store), and they refused to change it for what I ordered unless I provided them with the right sticker. Despite the fact I was there with all the documentation in hand and asking for the drive I had paid for. I know I got sent a larger drive which cost more than I paid, but the machine it was going into didn't have a SATA port, thus, it was useless to me. Apparently, according to them, it's too much to ask that you get what you order.

Aside from Andy, a chap in the technical department (RAM guru, dunno if he's still there), they're all cretins.

Talk to Trading Standards. They'll give you a good leg to stand on. It's what I had to do to get my bloody drive out of them :/

8. Korvaz

Korvaz What's a Dremel?

I've purchased from them multiple times and never had any real trouble. Probably a case of human error, but I'll be keeping an eye out, from now on.

9. naokaji

naokaji whatever

exactly, going to pick something up from rm is only a small detour on the way home from work, with citylink I have to pay redelivery fee for saturday because their depot is out in the wilderness.

yep checked it, its a valid citylnk tracking number.

10. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

From reading bit-tech for many a year, I learnt along time ago never to by from OcUK.

It looks pretty clear cut that they've messed you around there; hopefully a refund for the difference in postage and something for your troubles is in order.

11. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Tbh I'd expect nothing less than the full £25+VAT you paid for shipping refunded to you and the mobo still delivered. By Citilink if they must, with them paying the premium for the Saturday delivery.

But then this is OcUK...

12. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

first, that's such a flippant, rude and unjustified comment, I expect better from people on bit-tech

second, I've personally not actually had any problems with OCUK however I do try and avoid them due to the amount of hassle I read about. I love the fact a price of £220 turns into £290, got to hate VAT on top of shipping. It's such a pain having to go collect stuff from City Link, I have to drive 30mins whether I'm at home or uni (except I don't have a car at Uni!) so I know your frustration at that.

13. naokaji

naokaji whatever

well, the vat is not really ocuk's fault *points at 10 downing street*, but yep 290£ is expensive, I sucked up that premium over ordering elsewhere (with city link delivery) to save me the hassle of citylink.
    oh well, looks like I'll have a bbq on sun or so to convince my neighbour to drive me to the citylink depot on sat lol.

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

That's because you're a 16 year old kid who's probably never had a job and has very little idea about money, and aparantly service. When you pay for something, you get that something. You don't "not complain" about someone nicking £100,000 off you just because you bought something that cost £1,000,000.

Anyway, in response to the OP, yes, OcUK suck. Sorry you were left with no nice alternatives to them, but they really just are a company best avoided. I havn't bought anything from them in years (nor have I had any need to, there are always alternatives for the same price or lesser) and I never intend on sending another penny of my money their way.

15. z3rb

z3rb +4 str +4 stam

Couldn't you ask for them to pay for the saturday delivery at the least?

I'm wondering what problems people have had with OcUK, i've ordered a few £30ish things from there (RAM, mouse, etc) and never had a problem :O

16. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

I bought a heat sink from them recently, and decided that I didn't like it wasn't good enough as the bottom was quite curved. They just told me to send it back no problem, and even refunded my postage. When I got a faulty DVD drive from scan.co.uk, a company that seems to be pretty well thought of, they told me that if they couldn't confirm the problem, I'd be charged £30 for the privilege of having them look at it (the drive was worth £18...). Just goes to show that you can't really judge these companies by other peoples posts.

I've not had any serious problems with overclockers for years. I bet if you phone them they'll get it sorted out. Their phone lines are much better than they used to be too!

17. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

On the city link side of things, last friday i was wating for a package that never turned up. i phoned city link's customer services and they got it out to me for saturday. It should of got there on friday in the first place, but least they sorted it for nought.

18. Oclocker

Oclocker What's a Dremel?

Hitler didn't gas ANY of my relatives - he's still an evil barsteward!

A bit OTT? probably but amongst the dodgy companies OCuk stand out as being deeply nasty to the core..

19. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Godwin'd in less than 20 posts!

20. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Sorry for expressing my opinion, i didnt realise on this public forum you were not allowed to do so.
    Ive used OcUk loads and had no problems at all.
    I guess ill go elsewhere.

Tags: