1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft: We never cancel games

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Jun 2008.

1. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

3DO f.t.w. :p

2. Grinch123456

Grinch123456 What's a Dremel?

lol flame wars about validating a poor financial decision

3. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Please re-read my question.

A title that would've only come out for a specific console (not because it only had one console to choose from).

You don't see Condemned 2, Saints Row 2, Prey 2, GRAW 2, etc on 360 only, do you? That's because they would've been on PS3 originally, as well. Hats off to 360 for being out first though, but you still can't consider them true exclusive titles for the system to keep the discussion fair. As far as price drops on older games, that's up to developer's discretion and I've seen many prices of games drop just as quickly for PS3 as 360, but it depends on where you live. Both consoles still debut games at $60, too.

Where is your proof? How is the gameplay any different/better on XBL? I've played many, many multiplayer matches on PSN (GTAIV, Warhawk, Motorstorm, Burnout Paradise, Haze Demo, Battlefield Bad Company Demo, etc.) and never once did I notice a difference between the two.

By the way, Blu-Ray is offering prices cheaper than what DVD did at it's current lifespan, and Blu-Ray is BC w/ DVD so idk what you have against Blu-Ray. It's not like you had to jump on the bandwagon either; you could've waited just like me. I don't own either console. I just play my friends' and g/f's.

4. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

and I love how quickly people rush to defend your purchases. We're sorry if you're all upset that your mom bought you the wrong console. Maybe you can go give either company some head after you white knight them some more, and they might give you a T-Shirt. Won't that be swell?

Make fanboy discussion BANNABLE I say!

5. friskies

friskies What's a Dremel?

I think you should behave like the grown up people you are and stop arguing about which console is the best, because this is immature and deep down in our hearts we all know that the PC is better than all the consoles in the universe combined!!!!1

6. devdevil85

Aww, now there you go again, rambling on about how we should grow up and stop arguing, yet you go ahead and add that PC is l33t....

All I'm trying to prove is that his statements are wrong. I'm not trying to prove anything better than the other, just that (again) his statements have no proof behind them other than opinion.

7. dr-strangelove

dr-strangelove What's a Dremel?

I find it funny that no one seems to consider that people might just buy a PS3 and a 360 and use them for different 'exclusive' titles. Why choose between MGS4 and Halo 3 when you can have both?

8. BlueOcean

BlueOcean What's a Dremel?

Microsoft they always made games. I like microsoft Age of Empires. They are the best.

9. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

I think it's annoying because they miss the point entirely to go off on a rant about whatever they feel passionately about. There are pros and cons to each but this thread is a discussion about Microsoft pledging not to cancel any game it makes rather than Playstation vs Xbox.

10. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

And why are you bothering to take the time to do that? :eyebrow:

11. Sark.inc

Sark.inc What's a Dremel?

i hope that was baiting.

this thread is completely subjective to ones opinion of his/her console, Grow up the lot of you.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2008
  12. Lepermessiah

Lepermessiah What's a Dremel?

I said install base, not release date, the wii has a large install base as well, the PS3 will have a larger install base eventually. as seen by it consistently outselling the 360 world wide, and even in North America. The 360 has a larger install base BECAUSE it had a year start, try and keep up.

13. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

360 and ps3 sux Atari jaguar is win.

14. Lepermessiah

Virtually everything you have said is totally wrong, how come if it si such a dissappointm,ent, it has outsold the 360 everywhere, and will overtake it in the next year? As for cost, several people ahve already pointed out the 360 is not cheaper then the PS3, and you actually get less for the money, thus the PS3 is outselling the 360, even in MS's home country. The 360 has been dogged by blowing the year head start, and rushing out bad hardware the likes no console has ever seen.

The only people dogging the PS3 are desperate 360 fanboys.

Last edited: 16 Jun 2008
  15. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

And as i pointed out earlier, the 360 is more than £100 cheaper, 360 sales are tailing off every one has one, PS3 sales are picking up as its getting cheaper and people are buying them in addition to there x360s or as media centres or shock horror as games consoles now there are some exclusives. But the 360 is probably always going to be the cheaper option off the two since (as i've already pointed out) the larger install base and larger catalogues lead to more pre-owed games being available.

16. Lepermessiah

Everyone has one, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, the 360 has not even reached 20 million world wide,the PS2 has hit 120 million, the next gen race has a LONg way to go. WOW. Even MS has stated the first console to 100 million wins the race, get real, the next gen rate is still small compared to last gen.

Also, no, if you read many of the other posts, the 360 IS NOt cheaper at all, there is already a $399 PS3 model that has way more for the money then the 360, plus you have to pay for live.

By 2009, all analyst expect the PS3 to surpass the 360.

If you believe it is cheaper, that only makes the fact that the PS3 sales keep getting better more of a boon for Sony. It outsold the 360 in NA alone by a considerable margin, worldwide it is even larger.

In the same time frame when the 360 started with no competition, the PS3 still outsold the 360.

17. steveo_mcg

ffs, Does every thing have to spelled out to you in very simple terms... well here we go. Every one who wants one has one. The sales will continue but only as each price drop brings in a new audience who are prepared to pay less than the previous.

Again see my earlier post x360 - £189. PS3 £299.

You can not compare the xbox to the ps2 its had a ten year run and is now free with cereal.

18. Lepermessiah

that is a load of crock, the PS3 will surpass the 360 by next year, what will your excuse by then? Just look at the history of consoles, when one comes out later and outsells the first console out, look what happens? The market is HUGE, and the next gen is only a small portion yet, the PS3 is gainign sales very month. I guess you should be an analyst then as all other analyst say the PS3 is going to surpass the 360. That is a BS excuse. First the 360 gamers were bragging about outselling the PS3, then it was software attachment, now they are coming up with more excuses. The sales will continue? yes, a a third place clip. The Ps3 is too strong in japan and the rest of the world, and even beating MS in its home country.
    Everyone who wants one has one, lol, denail to the extreme.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/dfc-current-console-installed-base-to-exceed-last-gen-in-2011

The facts are the facts, the Ps3 is doing better then the 360, despite being a year later and the 360 having no competition for the first year.

19. devdevil85

To make people such as yourself decide to post a question asking why I wrote what I wrote. Seriously, it's the moral of the issue man. If somebody says something as fact, based on opinion, then that person needs to be questioned about those statements, as well as provide some sort of evidence to support the claim. This is something that that person has not done because he can't.

20. steveo_mcg

Right now i would put the cost of the ps3 dropping to a psychological price point (<£300) for its surge in sales, what will be interesting is to see what happens in next few months. Does the trend continue and people keep buying or does is show as a blip and then another surge happens when the price next drops.
    Also you forget that now blu ray has "won" the ps3 is an excellent value player not every sale will be buying as a games console. With Christmas not that far off (in mum terms) a small drop for the 360 bring it to a very important psychological point <£150 at this point it makes the big Christmas present where as the PS3 is still a fair investment (hypothetically). In fact the 360 is already there but only in low end bundles now you or I know that this deal is a bit rubbish but little timmys mother who holds the cash might not see the difference bettween the too and that's very important .
    The only metric that really matters at the end of the day is game purchase rate and at the moment i still say the 360 is ahead.

I own neither console and tbh couldn't care less which one wins, but watching people fight over who has the biggest game peen is quite entertaining

Tags: Add Tags