1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Confirmed Scam

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkLord7854, 28 May 2008.

1. Azh_fx

Azh_fx sup dawg?

hope it works out but i still would report your dads card stolen and they will stop it and send a new one, if its expired and hes not bothered, report it stolen and close the account

that will teach those BOA asses

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

Wait you have a tracking number which can prove you atleast sent something. And USPS will back that up.

Yet he says he sent the item back, but provides a false tracking number and you have not received anything.

And paypal take his side, this is why I just do no touch ebay/paypal.

I would suggest just to keep ringing paypal* and telling them that if they still take is side take some further legal action. It does not matter whether you sent the item or not, the fact is that you sent atleast something and have proof that he recieved it (whether he refused to accept it or not, it still arrived at his house). Surely if he refused to take the item, then it would be on the same tracking number as yours, as the item never actually got delivered right? It was returned to sender. I think you have a solid case fo some action outside of paypal... it wont be long untill someone has a completly watertight case against paypal for some sort of helping a criminal, or perverting the course of justice by refusing and "destroying" evidence. Go nuts, sue them.

But seriously I don't understand what is going on and who has the money right now, as I don't use paypal, or understand fully the american banking terms, but I hope it turns out well for you.

Edit: * Looks like you just did :thumb: hope it turns out well for you.

3. Koolpc

Koolpc Minimodder

So, if you do sell something on Ebay, what is the best / safest way to accept payment for your goods? What would you recommend? Do you have to have an account with Paypal to use Ebay?

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Right ;)

Paypal holds the money right now, but the guy was telling me that the Buyer screwed up, because he quoted a tracking number (which is invalid) in the messages between him and I (which he didn't know Paypal reads), but quoted a completely different one (but still invalid) to Paypal, that and his address suddenly switched to "unconfirmed" right before submitting the Escalation so as to offset my Seller protection, so apparently they're onto him.

The Paypal guy also said that they will not, under any circumstance, refund the money to the guy unless they have valid delivery confirmation of my item, in the same condition I sent, to the address noted on my bank account, which is linked to my BoA address, so there's no way it can be wrong. But as of right now, he;s been unable to prove he's sent the item back, and that's it's reached me, which it hasn't obviously, supposedly he sent it back a month ago, March 20th.

5. Matticus

Matticus ...

Ah right, well seems like pretty good news to me. Seems like you just need to keep trying untill you get someone who will actually listen to you :p.

6. Koolpc

Koolpc Minimodder

So, if you do sell something on Ebay, what is the best / safest way to accept payment for your goods? What would you recommend? Do you have to have an account with Paypal to use Ebay?

7. DarkLord7854

That's usually how it happens

No clue bud, wish I knew lol

Best way? Buy in store. :p

8. koola

koola Minimodder

Bank transfer or cheque. You could also use some other electronic service such as Nochex.

9. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

The thing is, few people are going to use that as a payment method. I'd use a credit card first, and then paypal funded via a credit card. I guess one can always take a lot of photos of the product and then again at the post office before being sealed up in front of a witness.

10. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

I do very little buying but it tends to be larger things so I use Cash in hand and pick it up (as long as it's nearby :))

11. buchans

buchans What's a Dremel?

paypal is just as bad for buyers, i bought something here via the trading forum and the seller decided to not send it and steal my £45, he ignored my pms and paypals emails and the best paypal could do is suspend his account and wait until he is silly enuf to put £ back into his paypal account

so basically sellers and buyers get screwed by paypal they're "buy with paypal safely upto £x" is trash should be "buy safely and hope the seller isnt intellegent enuf to withdraw funds before we get to resolution"

its sad we're tied to PP no ebay etc. too

12. DarkLord7854

Well, today something interesting happened, the package I sent out to the buyer showed up on my doorstep, heavily beat up, smashed, compressed, and tied together with some dirty string with tape all over the place a big "RTS <number" printed across it. Guess the guy did send it back after all. Upon on opening it, a disgusting cigarette odor wafted up from the horribly packed contents, which was basically a plastic bag with some styrofoam peanuts in it, containing a badly beat up and disfigured box that contains a very smelly (cigarette odor again) XCube MP3 player that looks, and feels, cheap as hell, and a plastic package containing a USB wall charger, and some packing information written in Russian/French. No iPhone.

Reading through the packaging slip, it's indicated that the package is "slightly" beat up.. Which led me to wonder what "heavily beat up" would constitute as the box was barely holding together, and that the "contents may have been accessible" so in others words they're saying that the security/seal of the box "may" have been circumvented.

Any ways, I re-packaged everything, washed my hands thoroughly, and aired out my room, and then called Paypal and informed them of the heavily damaged box and the missing items that I sent as well as the packaging slip enclosed with the package I received as well as this very interesting tidbit: The package was sent back to me on June 9th, even though the Buyer said he sent it back nearly 1 month ago. Paypal made a note of it and requested I keep the package in case they would like me to send it to them.

This is such an annoying problem. Sigh.

13. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

there are some real f***tards out there luckily the one major issue i ha when buying a wii off ebay 1.5 yrs ago was that it got stolen in transit

both the guy selling the item and parcel force where very good, he sent another out as soon as he had confirmation that it had been stolen and was very professional about the whole thing. but i have heard real horror stories, i just buy cheap things off ebay now

14. DarkLord7854

Well, the wonderful people at Paypal decided I owe the guy a full refund. What I love is the e-mail they sent me:

"This claim has been reviewed and it has been determined that a full refund
    of the PayPal transaction (including shipping and handling) should be
    awarded to the buyer once the item, in its original condition, is returned
    to you. The buyer is responsible for shipping and handling costs related to
    returning the item to you."

And 5seconds after:

"PayPal has received online tracking information for the return of your
    item(s):

Tracking Company:
    Tracking Number: "

Yes, no tracking information.

5seconds after that:

"Delivery of the returned item has been confirmed and a refund will be
    issued from your account. Insufficient funds in your account may result in
    your account being limited."

Funny no? So I called them, and had to curse and shout for a good 15mins before they realized that they ignored my phone call from earlier telling them that I received my package back MINUS the item I sent. So now a new case has been opened, which I'm sure will end up in him getting it in his favor anyways. Bloody idiots -.-

15. Major

Major Guest

You have this twats address? Pay him a visit with a baseball bat.

16. RTT

RTT #parp

He has still not been active since June 30th. He's reg'd with what appears to be a personal .co.uk but there's no whois information available on it.

17. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I really don't understand PayPal. They seem to support criminals and screw over the innocent.

From what I've read:

You sent iPhone
    He said iPhone arrived without what was shown in the eBay image, so didn't sign for it and sent it back.
    You didn't get it, and the tracking number didn't exist.
    He started claiming.
    Bank account banter
    You got 'a package' full of something that wasn't the iPhone
    PayPal say you owe this dude $400.

So, hes getting a free iPhone and you're loosing $400. I thought nicking peoples money and property was theft, and was illegal.

18. DarkLord7854

Wrong thread :p

He's in Russia, I'm in the US :(

He said he got something else than the iPhone, the MP3 player thingy I got back which reeks of tobacco in a beat up box. Pics below:

http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/2669/package001jz8.jpg
    http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9889/package002op2.jpg
    http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/3928/package003uf3.jpg

As you can see.. it's definitely NOT an iPhone, nor anything even close to the value of the iPhone.
    And yes, that IS string on the box, it was holding the box together when I got it, the box that, I might add, sent him originally, in perfect condition with all the proper identification and address and stuff.

The paper next to it is a printout that says the box is "slightly damaged" with "contents may have been accessible to outside parties."
    For some odd reason, the papers are all in French, which is a bit funny, as maybe he thought I wouldn't be able to read French and would discard it, fortunately, I'm French :p

So yea, pretty much I'm down an iPhone and 400$, thus roughly 800$ total. Wonderful no?

I'm going to appeal the decision they made, and if necessary will take legal action.

Life Lesson: Paypal sucks.

19. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

i never realised until now they were in another country to you, this is the kinda thing that steers me away from people in other countries buying things from me on ebay. legally im not sure what you can do against him, but seeing as paypal is us based you should be able to do something about them

20. DarkLord7854

Ah yea, forgot to mention he wasn't in the US. Either way, it doesn't really matter, the outcome would more than likely have been the same were he in same country as I am. And yea, I meant take legal action against Paypal, especially since I kept in constant contact with them, updating them with all activity going on, with the receiving of parcel, and they didn't even a rat's ass, nor do they say "how" they came to the conclusion. *******s. >.<

Ninja-edit:
    I go to "resolve" case and click "appeal" and it gives me an error saying "That action is not valid." Ugh.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2008