1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food & Drink The Weight Loss thread

Discussion in 'General' started by pranks7er, 23 Jun 2008.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

Yeah I thought that was implied :p Though I think that hopscotch and making daisy chains to mix up the excersize and resting would make a good addition.

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I cycle a lot, that's a hell of a lot of fun, although I've not lost any weight (not my purpose, I was 55 kg before and I'm 55 kg after) but I'm certainly a lot healthier.

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

55kg christ i weigh 105kg but im a semi pro rugby player

my honest advice about losing weight is to not look for a quick fix, generally you need to cut down on greasy food (chips, fried things).

but most important do some excercise, by that i dont mean walking. our bodies are designed to walk and can continue to walk without using much energy for a long time. you need to get on a bike and stick it in a low gear (hard to pedal) then try to go a mile as quickly as you can. this will easily tone you up quicker than an hour walk and should only take a fraction of the time.

if you are fat there is no point in doing situps. situps tone the abs and well if they're hidden by blubber whats the point! situps will not remove your gut

once you feal like you want to go to the gym do high reps (4 sets of 20) on basic excercises you should really be struggling to lift on reps 18 - 20 so adjust the weight accordingly

road running will help but can be bad for back / knees so if you can get to a field or something that would be better.

stop drinking / smoking for a month put the money you save somewhere visable so you can see it add up over the month you will surprised when you can afford that second 4850 for xfire and another 2 gb ram at the end of the month.

4. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

Tuna is an absolute god send if you like it. Tuna on wholemeal and not much else will result in some kickass weight lose. TUNA YOURSELF

Me 2004:

[​IMG]

Me 2007:

[​IMG]

5. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

55Kg! either your female or really short! i curl that much, stick you on a dumbell and curl you!

6. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

Nice one. :thumb: <- that smiley can look so sarcastic, it's not supposed to be!

7. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

I've been a rollercoaster..
    from...eh...190 to 150 to 140 to 170 to 160 to 175 to 170....in..eh 5 years

8. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I only weigh 110lb/50kg, but even still that's quite underweight for my height (5'6", 168cm?). I have the opposite problem of most people; I'd quite like to (healthily) gain 30lb or so.

9. vincentnone

vincentnone enthusiast or fanboy?

maybe not the healthiest thing
    but if you want it off your legs go bicycle
    abs go for crunches
    chest go for push-ups

whichever one, just do it till you physically can't anymore
    you'll find if you push hard enough your body will at some point go "screw you I'm done" and you won't be able to do anything with those limbs
    if its the abs you'll find that any time you try to sit down or stand up, you'll feel like jelly and probably fall over if you don't have good balance

you could always sign up for a 2 week boot camp...

10. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I'm 165 cm and male.

11. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

well down to 13.0 3/4 as of this morning

12. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

well im 5'8" and i weigh 8st 4lb or 116lbs so i am actually like a stone-2stone underweight but i can still bench 35-40kg so im not too week! lol

13. shadow12

shadow12 I lie

x06jsp: Don't want to be obnoxious but 35 - 40kg is weak. I am 5'9" at 75kg and I bench 80Kg easily for 8 reps and 100Kg for 3 and trust me I am no arnie. Some of you need to consider some bench press, pull up and squats.

AndyDEL: Great job!!!!

If any of you guys are serious about losing or gaining weight its just a healthy diet and exercise. Obviously to put weight on you need to consume more calories than expend and to lose the other way round.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2008
  14. Major

Major Guest

40kg for someone who is thin and has never done weights before isn't too bad. It all depends on how you are built, when I was 14 I was obese yet I was very strong and I remember lifting 85kg for 1 or 2 reps in the school gym, I wasn't fit, I just had a stupid amount of chest and back muscle on me at that time, which has somehow stayed with me until this day, and I've been lifting again for the last 4 months.

15. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

well 35-40kg was for like 5-10 reps about 1 and a half years ago so i was even smaller then.... havent tried recently as it was at a friends house who is now at uni so dont go over.

16. SkOTT

SkOTT What's a Dremel?

Don't worry too much about diet, excercise is the way to lose weight, cycle to work rather than drive. I bike 12 miles each way to work and back most days. I never worry about what I eat, I like food too much! xD I'm currently sat around 11 1/2 stone (160lb or 73kg), Puts my BMI a little on the high side of 'normal' but I feel healthy, rarely get out of breath unless im really pushing myself.

Also I just started running again last week, couldnt even run a mile to start with, now its 3-4miles nearly every day after work.

Push yourself and the pounds will fly off.

17. AngelOfRage

AngelOfRage Minimodder

I was upto about 15.5 Stone at the start of the year. With a holiday in Spain looming i took the chance to shed some weight. The way i did it was pretty simple. Eat less and eat better.

I cut out all chocolate, crisps, cakes, energy drinks and fast food. When buying from a supermarket i'd buy the light choice option ready meals. I'd try to eat a bigger lunch and try to avoid carbs after say 17:00 at night. Eat plenty of fish, mackeral with salad is a favorite for dinner.

I'm now down to about 13 stone (put some back on over the holiday), with the intention of losing more.

I've done very little excercise apart from some weights for my arms and i also haven't stopped drinking. So i know with excercise and cutting out the cider drinking i'll be able to lose even more although mainly it's now just a beer belly i have to shift and that ain't that easy from what i've heard :(

It's a big confident boost to have people coming up and saying all the time "you've lost weight" and so it gets easier to say no to fatty food, late night kebabs and birthday cakes at work now as i'm already seeing the benefits.

18. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Hey man i wouldn't worry i'm 5' 7" and 13 stone 7 pounds, and a 32 inch waist. Just depends on how much of you is muscle i guess.

19. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

Medifast

Loose like 30-40 lbs in a month. All you eat is a limited amount of protein, vegetables and their food. There can be no back sliding or it takes three days before your body goes back to losing fat again.

20. Major

Major Guest

Just lol.

Tags: