1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Lumière Noire by E.E.L. Ambiense - Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by E.E.L. Ambiense, 8 Apr 2008.

1. MrWizard

MrWizard What's a Dremel?

Wow. These came out AMAZING! I love the way the coating even took really well to the knurling as well. :clap:

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Never one to miss a detail:clap: Well done. :dremel:

John

3. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Oh wow, those feet look great! Very nice job on those. Bill will be proud no doubt. ;)

4. Farmboy UK

Farmboy UK Hungry for knowledge

Nice job on the coating, probably not easy with the diamond cut

5. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

hmmm gunmetal casefeet...one word: sweet!

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

ANYTHING in gunmetal looks good.:D You did a great job on the feet, though. You managed to NOT make it look globby. (Cr*p! I made up another word!)

7. skullen

skullen Minimodder

nice one E.E.L,Nice:thumb:

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Thanks, man!

Hahaham epic in the sense that Bill's a mod-god and it would be like meeting the President, except the difference being I wouldn't feel like cursing at him and needing to take a shower for an hour afterwards to get all the filth off me. :hehe:

Thanks, bro! Yeah, it took to it quite well. They look even better in person.

Thanks, John!

Thanks, Scirocco!

Thanks, man!

Thanks! I'm glad they came out like they did.

You're right. Thanks for the kind words, bro. Globby would've sucked! I'm going to strive to not globby up any globbin' casemod I globbin' do in the globbyin' future too. :D

Thanks, Skullen! I appreciate it.

9. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

When I was in New Jersey for a time, there was this place where you could meet someone and kiss the ring on the finger. I haven't determined if I need to go to Fla. or "Skinnyapopolis". well done again. Masters all.
    John

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hahaha, well I'd most-definitely say you'd have to go north if there was going to be any ring-kissing going on! I'm just some putz with some ideas is all. :hehe:

We're all enthusiasts that are a part of a small community of like-minded individuals that just happen to enjoy tearing into and changing--'modding' if you will--computer chassis or related. And this happens to be one of those 'secret meeting halls' that we can congregate, mingle, share ideas and show progress on current goings-on.

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

LOL: "Use gonna let me have dis 5-axis mill, or am I gonna hafta bweak you kneecaps."
    Maybe organizing as a group would be a bad idea...

12. MrWizard

13. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

awesome feet by bill and awesome coating by you just awesome! :thumb:

14. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hahahahah

Thanks, man! I appreciate it!

15. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

Man, I've been so self-absorbed in my own work, that I've been slacking off in reading other logs... :duh:

I'll go ahead and agree with everyone else though, those feet look great. I can't help but love their color, especially since they look an awfully lot like the black metallic I'm using. :thumb:

16. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Saweet job... Man, those feet look great gunmetal! I'm a proud Papa :clap: I cannot wait to see your project finished, but your journey has been fun to follow as well :D

17. alonso_bistro

alonso_bistro I'm just looking

not sure you've given the translation, but for those who don't understand french, "lumière noire" means "black light" in english!
    good work! ;)

18. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hahaha, believe me man, I do the same thing too. I appreciate the kind words!

Haha! Thanks, man. I couldn't have happened if it weren't for you making these things in the first place. I'm glad ya liked how they came out!

Believe me, bro I want to have this build all done too! I'm finishing up on some side builds that I'll hopefully be done with soon, then I have the seeds for my next project build already planted. ;) I've been conceptualizing ideas for it when I've had the chance to. I'm curious how it'll be received, but that'll all soon come to pass.

Yes, sir! That was the rough idea ;)

19. MrWizard

Well, if it's anything like your previous projects, it will be received quite well. I can promise you that. :dremel:

20. E.E.L. Ambiense

July 1st Update!

Well, here we are again. Guess it ain't your lucky day, eh?

In all seriousness, I got a few small things done this evening. I got some more measuring done that I needed to do regarding the top radiator. I figured out another way of plumbing things, so it looks like I'll be keeping the Thermochill in there after all! :clap: I'm quite happy about that too especially considering the friggin' power requirements for the new vid cards..:eeek: I'm going to need some headroom with those heatsticks! So it's all good.

Speaking of the rad up top, I decided I wanted to redesign the radgrill to match the other radgrill for this case, without giving too much away yet. ;)

[​IMG]

I'm going to 'stealth' the side of the IDE bays, which tends to be my Modus Operandi. This case has a smaller, simpler IDE bay, so this will be easy. Measured it out.

[​IMG]

I needed to compensate for the stabilizer bar, since I'm going to keep it to add strength to the chassis. She's going to weigh a lot after all the hardware and fluids are in it. Trust me, she gets HEAVY.

[​IMG]

I designed it so the bar can be removed and the bay cover removed easily to change anything out if need be.

[​IMG]

And a test fitting to see where I'm at.

[​IMG]

Perfect! Nice, easy and simple.

I also needed to have some time to test out a new formula 'mirror' powder I've been thinking of using for the chassis on this thing. I didn't want to do the usual flat black that everyone seems to do. I can see the reasons for doing things flat, i.e. absorbing light, etc., but in this case (heh heh, get it? Case? :duh:) you can't see the mobo tray or inside the case well anyways if the last revision of this build was any indication. It's going to be dark, evil and gorgeous. And it's going to glow with an evil hellish light. At least I hope so. :)

The stock mobo tray.

[​IMG]

I went ahead and sanded down and prepped the removable mobo tray and shot it to check out the powder.

[​IMG]

What do ya think? ;) I'd say it's a success, at least for what I need it for. It's not a 'mirror' in the true sense of the word, at least not without some buffing, but it works perfect for what I need it for. This is gonna :rock:

That's all I have for now. I'll update again soon, when the chassis gets done. I'm going to run along now and take a shower. I feel like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins! *sings* "A Spoonful of Powder makes aluminum kick ass!"

-------------
    Until the next update, I got nuthin'. :thumb:

Tags: