1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Diablo 3 Confirmed !!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neoki, 28 Jun 2008.

1. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

I remember my days of Diablo 1, really enjoyed it.
    Never tried Diablo 2, but damn those trailers look good, may have to try it out when it's released :baby:

2. JpBg

JpBg What's a Dremel?

Well first of all its blizzard and as far as i've seen they haven't really released a crappy title. Second there is no ETA because they said they will take all the time they need to perfect no rushed budget titles like EA Blizzard has the resources to make a knockout and and besides i've never fallen for hype before. So i think this game has an enormous chance of being amazing. I mean its like Diablo II yet the environment look awesome plus you can interact with the environment and even use it as a weapon of sorts. I really think Blizzard has a true blockbuster on their hands and the best part is that the online is free(or at least battle net always was before.

3. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

I wouldn't say that Blizzard hasn't come out with no bad games, I really didn't enjoy the RTS Warcrafts, III was alright, but the first few were pretty terrible.

It's pretty funny, just a few hours ago, I started Diablo II up, for the first time in around six months. I played around with my Necromancer, and then went to Blizzard's site to see if anything new was going on.

Then I wet my pants.

It's a shame that the Necromancer is being replaced by the Witch Doctor though...

(He used the Necromancer skills Terror and Confuse in the gameplay video, he summoned zombies, and used a knife, predominantly. Just switch the fire with poison, and presto. They said that the classes were being 'refreshed', and that 'not all were being brought back', so I'm pretty sure that Necromancer -> Witch Doctor. Also, people hated Necros on Bnet, because skellys lagged everyone. I guess that's why none of the Witch Doctor's summons lasted more than like 10 seconds. ;P)

I'm not too sure how they're going to get the destructible environments to not seem extremely scripted, though. And also, genders? What's next, customizable characters?!?!?

EDIT: They want to completely get rid of cheating? Hacking in Diablo II was brought to the level of an art form, and it is almost as fun to make the perfect online PvPer on Open, as with Closed Bnet. Closed hacking is bad, though. Only a newb needs a maphack or a duper.

EDIT AGAIN: I'm not buying it if the online play isn't free. Screw that.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Boo hippo, can't you let us have our fun have geekgasms over a sequel to one of our favourite games :p Just look at the gameplay trailer, this is Diablo II but better, not DX2.

I don't know why you think there's illegitimate hype, it's Diablo III! So long as it's like Diablo but with better controls and nicer graphics, it's already a win. There isn't really much more to it than that, they've shown a cinematic and gameplay trailer and that's about it, so the only thing we can really hype up is it's like Diablo II but better.

And unlike other studios, Blizzard does tend to deliver when it comes to their games, albeit about 3 years after the first gameplay trailers have been shown.

5. Neoki

Neoki Minimodder

You mean you hope it aint like hellgate london

6. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Yes, though now i've seen the shots and that - i'm happy:D

7. koola

koola Minimodder

Goodbye social life!

The gameplay footage is just awesome... first SC2, now D3 O.O

8. Azza

Azza Cam Mitchell

Can not wait for this. Its going to be so awesome. :D

9. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

This is great news, I'm really excited now!

10. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Y'know if this was another other dev I would agree with you, but I think this is different. For a start its blizzard, they release a game every 3/4 years? They put more effort into making a good game than any other developer I know, tbh I couldnt name a bad bliz game. Second its part of the diablo mythos so far we're 2 good games for 2 and with bliz developing the 3rd im sure we'll be 3 for 3. Third, we've seen an extensive gameplay trailer, now I know thats not a definitive on how the game will play but I think it gives us a very good insight of what to expect, which is more than we got for spore or anyother hyped up game. And last, this game will be hyped by the fans, and not the media. The people who love the series have good faith in blizzard to develop a game worthy of the title diablo, and they know they wont be let down. I think that says alot for the company and the game. So dont be so cynical, its gonna be awesome :)

EDIT: I've just read what you typed "The only games that I recall people deciding were as good as the hype indicated were Valve releases, specifically HL2 episodes, TF2 and Portal, though it's hard to say on the last one because as i recall no one knew what to think of portal prior to release. One could make an arguement for GTA4, but I think the jury is still out on that one." Doesnt that kinda reienforce what im saying? Those games you've mentioned all have great predecessor's developed by good devs who weren't rushed into these things. D3 is no different :)

Last edited: 29 Jun 2008
  11. Major

Major Guest

One of the reasons why games don't normally live up to the hype is because "US" see too much of the game before we actually play it, and then when we do play it, we have seen it before, so it isn't that amazing.

Over marketing can kill a game before release.

12. Lemmingzappa

Lemmingzappa What's a Dremel?

wooo, actually cant wait !

13. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Didn't they show material at something like Comic Con about 2 years ago?

14. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Depends if you buy into it. I didn't much with GTA4 and loved everything :) (for instance)

15. Ricco

Ricco What's a Dremel?

Only problem for me, is when I finaly see a must have game, its the waiting for it to be released that is such a pain.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I'm sceptical.
    Blizzard is one of the VERY few companies right now that can afford to run 3 high-expectation projects simultaneously. They make (if my friends are feeding me the right info here) close on 50 million a month on WOW alone.
    That means that they can afford to run 3 independent dev teams.
    Right now they're working on a WOW expansion, Starcraft 2 and D3. My thought WRT D3 is the same as it is with SC2. Being a die-hard Starcraft fan, i have a feeling i'm going to be disappointed. For me SC2 would be perfect if they update the graphics engine and leave the rest exactly as it was... that's not happening. I expect that Blizzard will sit with a choice along the line: Alienate the old players, or alienate the new ones, and quite frankly, alienating the new ones wouldn't make much sense...

17. naokaji

naokaji whatever

sc2 + d3 + c&c red alert 3, fallout 3, far cry 2, alan wake... did I miss anything? looks like the next year or two will be made of pure awesome games (provided they dont screw something up)

18. bowman

bowman Minimodder

This is not going to disappoint. It's Diablo 2, improved, with a new engine. That's basically it. The basic formula is the same, it's the same thing we already know. It can't be bad.

19. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

how exactly are we going to have male versions of amazons or sisters of the sightless eye? they're all female races! they practically breed asexually!

cthippo i don't think you realise that this is blizzard. i don't think they've EVER set a foot wrong when it comes to making games. maybe they make games TOO addictive but that's no bad thing.

agreed with this being free to play online. do the community a great favour and a gesture of genuine good will if they do.

wonder if there's a single player element. dunno why i'd want it but i still wonder.

20. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I agree. To be honest, I'm not all that excited by Diablo 3. I'll buy and play it (provided they don't go the 'DRM up the wazoo' route) but I've seen far too many games recently that just... aren't worth getting excited over.

Tags: