1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Forza Motorsport 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 17 Jun 2007.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

now thats just being mean, I tried Forza2 for a bit and being a complete petrol head i just wasn't impressed, within 30 mins I was back smashing up the world in DiRT (which imho looks FAR better on the pc with some decent gear)

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

You call yourself a petrol head yet you were more interested in the graphics than the driving experience?

3. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Obviously you've never played GT Legends. Forza 2 loks like NFS: UNdeground 2 compared to GT Legends.

I have a feeling what you said is a little, biased. "Best Racing simulator ever made" is a bit of an overstatement. Anything by Simbin on the PC blows Forza away without even breaking a sweat.

I've played both demo and full version. Anti-Aliasing is horrid in some places, sometimes worse then the demo.

Seriously, make sure you proof-read what you say before you post. Not being an ***hole or anything, but when you start out a post with "your review sucks" and then back it by saying "the wheel has a design flaw because you can't 180 easily" and by saying " it's the best simulator ever made," not sure people are gonna take what you say too seriously...

Oh, and I'm sure bindi has played his fair share of sim racing titles. So saying he doesn.t knwo about them is kinda unfounded.
    /rant

Ok sorry, I had to say that. I hope no one is mad, but seriously, after reading that post, I needed to say something.

Like I said I have played the demo and retail versions and wasn't really impressed by either. Yeah there was fun to be had and some things are really cool (engines swaps, Polyphony are you listening????) but overall there just wasn't much there to make me wanna buy this game. It's not a bad time when played with buddies, but if I want a sim racing game I'll fire up Nascar 2003 (or any Papyrus Nascar title at that) or I'll play some GT Legends or any other racer by simbin.

Forza 3 had better learn from 2's mistakes. There was a lot fo great potential to be had, but 90% of it was unrealized :duh:

4. Zombie

Zombie What's a Dremel?

I was thinking about this again. I used to be a game AI programmer and from this point of view (and to keep my skills up) i was trying to figure out how i'd do it.

First thing i realised is that these two points are conflicting: to reduce blocking you have to increase aggressiveness and thus potentially willingness to touch from behind in order to force a pass. To prevent the touching from behind you have to make the cpu more tentative in which case blocking becomes far easier.

It's a difficult one to solve and i think that if you're complaining about both effects they're getting the balance kind of right. Try it between two humans (of similar skill levels) - one player has to overtake without touching in a slightly more powerful car the other can block constantly and i think you'd end up with a similar experience.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Why are people comparing the Forza 2 on 360 with games on PC????? Its a console and less powerfull then what a PC can be. Doesnt take a fool to see that racing games on pc will look far better than a games console that can not be upgraded. Also there are more and better hardware available in terms of wheels for the PC which dont have any real restrictions and more support in games for any control method on pc.

Forza 2 iss the best racing game on 360 and only simulator. PGR3 is an arcade racer and you can just fly round the track with your foot down. Need for speed games are just plain naff and burn out is completley different.

compare a PC game with a PC game and and Xbox 360 game with a 360 game or even the PS3.

6. Faunus

Faunus What's a Dremel?

Are you playing in HD? Because if you aren't then I could probably understand your statement here. Either that, or you are blind!

I did a blind test (kinda) with a friend, who is a big PGR3 fan. He played Forza 2 for an hour or so, and decided that he preferred PGR3 because it looked nicer. The look of disbelief on his face when he saw PGR3 on 1080p compared to Forza 2 on 1080p - Forza 2 pukes all over PGR3 at high resolution, hands down.

7. kempez

kempez modding again!

I think the review goes a little harsh on the game actually. Whilst the jaggies are slightly annoying the car models are still nice and the tracks look pretty good too.

Yes if you do grab the quickest car and play against Lotus Elise it gets a bit silly, but then all you have to do is race in a more approriate car. GT has the same downside (remember the Escudos Pikes Peak), but at least Forza forces you to use a larger variety of cars. Oh and btw, I looked for Ford in the Country they are from: USA ;)
    I like the game as a fun game, not as a racing sim.

8. grimketel

grimketel What's a Dremel?

" Forza 2 is happy to let you more than double the power and torque output of your car without forcing you to, say, upgrade your drives shafts or your clutch, or even your gearbox."

what a load of it. There are 3 levels of upgrade for almost every car in these fields. If someone would take time to read what he is upgrading, then one would find out that the upgrade spec involve a lot of strengthening.

Anyone who goes for a stage 3 turbo over an adjustable gearbox on forza 2 when they begin modding thier car has rocks in their heads.

Agreed about the AI, but you cant have everything. The graphics may not be as good as gt5 (dah) butthe physics on forza are as real as any game, if you think its unrealistic, go and drive a car on a race track.

Its suspension models are real to life, tyre levels are real to life. Its brilliant.

Also, if you find yourself miles ahead all the time, stop playing on easy! bump up the difficulty, turn off some driver aids--- stop being so scared of loosing. These comments are aimed at the reviewer and are no way intended in response to anyone who has posted.

9. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

year late to the party arent we?

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Indeed. Last place in fact. Maybe you should try playing the forums on Easy instead?

11. kempez

kempez modding again!

lol maybe they used the search or just happened upon the review from google? :p

Tags: Add Tags