1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Oh it's a VXR now, is it? ;) Yeah I'd probably agree with you there.

Need to try and find the photo of the Suzuki Cappuccino next to a Ford Lightning or Dodge Ram or one of those other big yank things.

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Well, let's be honest, no-one's realistically going to swap a Range Rover for a simple 1.0 job now, are they? :p

And yes, that pic sounds seriously fun. :D

3. NiHiLiST

Hah. Some entertaining weather to drive a 700kg rear wheel drive, open-diffed car with crap tyres in too. However when they didn't salt the roads one cold evening and I was driving on sheet ice on summer tyres it was less entertaining, more... puckering.

[​IMG]

4. Krikkit

Ha! Sounds like fun to me... I must say I'd be disinclined to take a Cap out when it's really icy - tales of sideways action in damp car parks worries me slightly... At least for a daily driver. :D

5. BigPoppaJNutZ

BigPoppaJNutZ Beyond the Dremel...

I'm 6'6" and always figured if I had a little mini that's what I would have to do to it to drive it.

Of course, I drive a big American gas guzzler, a Jeep Commander. Not too big, but really roomy for a big guy. I really do use the functionality of the cargo room, and seating, enough to justify having such a big vehicle-also traveling to the mountains fairly regularly and having to hit the trails to get to where I usually go.

6. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

dunno i'd choose the range rover and the posing.:hip:

7. NiHiLiST

They're not that bad in the ice if you have reasonable tyres. Safer than the MR2 anyway :D

8. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Probably resurrecting this thread from the dead a bit but I pick up my first car tomorrow! Corsa 1.4, woop! :baby: Chavvy I know but hey, gets me from A-B. And the music pumping out of it certainly won't be chavvy lol.

9. Krikkit

Meh, a first car is without class. I think everyone loves their first car too. :D

10. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Hyundai Elantra. Stock as a stove. We had the windows limo tinted for my vision impaired adopted son Ryan. This was the day I bought it 2 yrs. ago. Ryan is now 15 and 6'2" tall and 184 pounds. Been with him since he was 3 minutes old. Hyundai gets 30mpg in the city with 5 speed.
    [​IMG]

John

11. Altron

Altron Minimodder

Figured I'd post my dad's new car in here

[​IMG]

1992 Mazda Miata
    Sunburst Yellow (One of 1,519 yellow miatas sold in the US)
    Removable Hardtop and retracting softtop
    1.6L four-banger
    5-speed
    VLSD + RWD :D
    AM/FM cassette with the speakers in the headrests
    pop-up headlights
    14" alloy wheels

120hp, about 2100 lbs. My dad loves it. He wanted a MG or Triumph, but doesn't know enough about cars to handle the infamous electrical problems and inevitable restorations.

We're going to the shop this weekend so we can get the fenders rolled and put on some real wheels, 18" chrome with low-profile tires. should really help out the performance. Just kidding.

I'm 6'2, 250 lbs, and I can't fit in it. With the seat all the way back, my knee is against the steering wheel, and even barefoot, I have a difficult time hitting the brake without also hitting the gas, because the pedals are so close together and I have size 14 feet.

It's a fun car to be in though, and it's pretty cheap to run. acceleration isn't great, but everything else is pretty nice. If it was up to me, I'd throw a header, frame rail brace, and the FM supercharger on it :naughty:

12. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Front fitted :D
    [​IMG]

13. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

It is going to get traded in for the new Mini when it arrives this next week, but here is the current ride. It is a 2001 BMW 330i, purchased new in October 2000. It has been freshly washed, but not detailed yet. The black trim and such is rather obviously faded. The paint doesn't look to bad for not having been waxed in ages. ;P

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Krikkit

Looks nice - I like the blue tint on the windows as well. Why, may I ask, are you trading a 330i for a Cooper S? Seems like a step down to my engine-focussed mind. :p

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i guess he is feeling the pain on fuel costs.

i would love to get a mini the proper one of course, not the over weight younger brother from germany. but i do love my volvo a little to much, funny enough its weighes less than a ford focus and the 1800cc engine pulls like a train compared to the focus. zetecs are rather flat i feel.

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

fixt :)

17. NiHiLiST

And to my driven-wheels-focused mind;)

18. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Well, several reasons that I'm getting rid of the bimmer. One is wanting better fuel economy, but that was actually a deciding factor before the huge jump in gas prices. With that in mind though, between dental work, other medical things in preparation for surgery later this year and then physical therapy for some time afterwards, the car will be getting a lot more city-driven miles on it. I've been wanting to do this for a couple years, but have only been able to do so financially now. Also, my daughter is no longer at home and a 4-door vehicle isn't needed now. The utility for the hatchback and fold down seats will be very nice.

Aside from all that, I've wanted a Mini ever since my boyfriend at the time had one (classic 60s model). Unfortunately, I have neither the private garage nor the motivation and ability to do work on an older model vehicle as I did my Austin-Healey Sprite (1969 1275cc engine, banana yellow) a few years back. I miss having a small, nimble vehicle like the Sprite! Not that the BMW isn't fun to drive.. far from. I used to race one of my co-workers in his tuned Mitsu Eclipse. Would irk him to no end I'd win. ;P

Finally... The Mini is engineered by BMW, crafted in England with charm and tradition, it's faster than a Porsche in the slalom and it's in the top 10 for fuel economy. Guess it wasn't a difficult choice for me. ;)

19. NiHiLiST

But it's wrong wheel drive :D

20. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Plus doesnt the Cooper S use a chrysler engine?