1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News 60GB Xbox 360 unveiled

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

All the reasons to buy an elite just vanished, did they really just 'undercut' themselves?

Ah well *strokes elite* .. 120gb might be useful if/when they allow game installs... /pray

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

hopefully the elite will get an upgrade to 250GB then next.....

....and game installs to hdd, i cant really see the point, do the loading time well bother you? its a necessary feature for the PS3, but not the 360

4. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Id would be happy if they fixed teh RROD and teh worn out DVD drives. /pray

5. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Why can't they just do what Sony did with the PS3 and let you change the drive yourself?
    I'm not a big fan of Sony but that is one thing they got just right.

It would not be that hard to have an adapter that lets you drop in a new drive.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

That's a better size, 20Gb was too small, 120Gb is a bit OTT

Shame they're not replacing the arcade with the 20Gb and making the 60Gb the new premium/pro. The 360 needs a hard drive IMO. If you haven't got a hard drive on there then you're not making the most of the console and might as well have stuck with a PS2/Xbox/GC.

In other news, my gf will probably be a bit pissed if she hears this, she's just bought a premium off the bay for 130ish.

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

they are probably trying to keep the integraty of the gamerscore/gamerid. im sure if it was put onto a normal HDD it could be transfered to a computer and tampered with, and this wasnt an issue as the PS3 id's didnt have the same points system.

but yeh being able to use a normal HDD would have been alot better

8. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Because they make an obscene profit on the add-on drives, which they're not keen to lose. Sony, on the other hand, took the hit in order to make the PS3 more appealing.

9. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Hmm, still wary about the RROD issue but if they have solved it them I might just be tempted and I think this is a more sensible disc size.

10. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

You'd think they would have quietly sorted the RROD out, but then again, this is MS...

11. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

So.. will these 60GB SKUs have the 65nm Xenos Die shrink?

12. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

What else is coming with new SKU, die shrink? better cooling?

13. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

At least she didn't buy it brand new for £200. You can always buy a new HDD.. I intend to buy the 120GB soon.. or the 60GB if it is released separately.

14. imkeller

imkeller What's a Dremel?

It's a shame theres no games coming out for it now.. Gears of Wars 2, Fable 2,....err....Halo Wars

15. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

They really should make an xbox 360 with a built in wireless adapter.

16. deltaworld

deltaworld What's a Dremel?

What is RROD?

17. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

Red Ring of Death.

Pray you never get to see one.

18. rollo

rollo Modder

arcade should be removed doesnt really follow there total expereance as it lacks a hard drive

20gb was useless space wise
    60gb is still too small for hd movie content
    120gb is about as small as id use for the content if they did eventually offer hd movie downloads.

Prices for hard drives for 360 are obscene.

Microsoft needs to release its next big game or its gonna get drowned.

GOW 2 needs to be exeptional, Fable 2 not expecting alot from. And im done with Halo. Spore and little big planat are what i think will be big hits this year ( sales wise)

both "next gen" consoles are now outta games for a while. GT 5 is some way away . Same with gears of war 2.

Roll on new consoles already please

19. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'm not 100% agreed, 20Gb is fine for someone who doesn't have loads of games and stuff. For my gf, 20Gb is more than enough, she likes playing Halo 3 matchmaking so she really needs more than a memory stick, but she's not going to go and download HD movies and stuff.

60Gb is fine for 99% of xbox users, you only need 120Gb if you're downloading LOADS of HD movies and content.

Also, what the hell? This generation has barely gotten started. So GoW2 and GT5 are a ways off? A new console generation going to cure that? No way, there's plenty more to gaming than AAA titles, and a console takes around 6 months before there's actually some worthwhile games for it.

20. naokaji

naokaji whatever

The xbox360 has a nice feature, its called Red Ring Of Death, a nice red ring lights up once you get it, so you know its time to rma (yet again), the main cause is the crappy cooling ms used to make sure the 360 console makes less noise than the competition.

you didnt really believe consoles are cheaper than pc's? they give you a heavy discount on the console and then get the money needed to make a profit from the accessoires and games.

Tags: Add Tags