1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lian Li PC60 - USB Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NickElliott, 21 Jul 2008.

1. NickElliott

NickElliott What's a Dremel?

I bought the Lian-Li PC60-USB 6 years ago which has built-in USB ports on the front panel which you connect into the motherboard using cabling supplied with the case.

At that time USB 1.1 was the latest standard but I am now going to fit a new motherboard which supports USB 2.0. Am I right in thinking that the USB ports on the front of the case should work at USB 2.0 speeds?

Thanks

Nick

2. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'd be amazed if they didn't, all the ones I've ever seen are just straight wiring with no hubs etc; they should be fine.

Welcome to bit :)

Edit: I just checked and they're standard cables, you're good to go.

3. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Having the PC61 myself I second ElThomsono's answer. The only problem is fiddling with the connectors. For some reason there's one for every pin... :S

4. NickElliott

NickElliott What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the answer and thanks for the welcome, I've got a truckload of questions in perparation for my re-build so this is a good start :)

The Lian-Li is a great case and it would have hacked me off a bit if those USB ports could only run at USB 1.1 speeds, and you are right azrael- it's a fiddly business plumbing into all those connectors! Worth it in the end though...

Thanks again guys.