1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mortal Kombat 9 planned as a more mature game

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

The Bat would of course take all comers! :p

3. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

... and lose. Probably why he's taken to kickin' the crap out of his mother & sister.

Nah, I'm only messin'. Bale is a fantastic actor and plays Batman/BW very well. I haven't seen him in a film where he's acted badly. I'm straying....

I'm looking forward to this [game] it's something I'd never have thought would have happened, even though Capcom Vs Marvel is years old now and is every bit as fantastic as it sounds. I hope this game does well as I'd love to see MK9. Even though it was SF2 that changed my life, I was still a huge MK fan.

4. CardJoe

M'eh. Excluding Batman, I'm all about the Marvel comics.

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

my gripe with MK is that it's not as fluid as any of the other beat em ups. the moves feel so set and jerky and they dont flow well from one to the other. Also, I don't like the way they ditch the quarter circle /half circle special move system that street fighter has - probably because i can't be bothered to learn hundreds of different button combinations! aside from this MK is a fun series and i do hope that any MK game returns to the plyability of MK 2.

6. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

This game would be better if they replaced the mortal kombat characters with marvel ones. Also, this news story would be better if it said there were never going to be any more mortal kombat games. God mortal kombat's shite

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Brilliant games by today's standards? No. Shite? Hardly! The early MKs were fantastically good fun and still lots of enjoyment today. We still occasionally fire up MK Trilogy for some crazy combo fun.

8. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

Wait, MK9? How did I miss 3-8?

9. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

LOL how much more graphic can you get? I'm always up for some good MK so bring it on.

10. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

If they could capture the initial essence of MK1 and MK2, then it might have a chance.

I remember playing MK1 in the arcades, with people lining up their money along the screen edge to be "in the queue" to play the winner. Mk1 was just stunning. Sure it didn't have some of the combos that SF2 had at the time, but it was damn fun.

Then MK2 popped up at the arcade in Uni and that blew everyone away.
    After that one tho, it went down hill in my opinion.

If they can get something with the fighting complexity/depth of the SF series with a novel, original look -- it might work. But IMO, the fighting genre is *not* what it once was...

11. chiper136

chiper136 What's a Dremel?

Just for the record he never beat up his mother or sister. He beat up some man whilst dealing with the death of his father, and now 2 years on his mother and sister have reported it to the police.

But the bat would kick all their asses, including superman.

12. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Damn right! Hope y'reading the Civil War series! Oh and a bit of a old one, Batman & Spider-man - pretty damn good if you haven't already read it.

^^

I was takin' pizz. Batman wouldn't do a thing like that... or would he?

o_O

13. CardJoe

In the comics, I think Batman v. Superman ends in mutually assured death. In one of the future stories I remember reading where Batman is the only hero left and superman, working for the CIA, is told to retire him, it ends with Superman and Batman about to finish each other off while in tears. Superman delivering a fatal punch to the face, Batman about to stab him with a kryptonite stilleto.

14. Sandwich

Sandwich What's a Dremel?

And that's why Marvel kicking DCs ass in terms of sales... lame ass stories and heroes (except batman, which is the only DC hero with some actual depth).

15. caffin999

caffin999 Bit of a noob, but learning quickly

batman would kick their arses! except superman, who would kill him! although he woudn't, then batman would like throw a kryptonite baterang at him! the end! forgive me im drunk!

16. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

A kryptonite stilleto? Like a shoe? Lol, that is the BEST mental image ever.

17. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Another franchise thats been pushed too far. Sometimes, some things should be left to die - Mortal Kombat is approuching that end.

18. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Sub-zero defeats all.

19. CardJoe

It's a knife, dummy. The shoe takes its name from the knife, which has a long thin and pointy blade with no edge, like a heel.

HEELS HEEL HEELS HEELS

...not that it matters. I double checked at the weekend and Batman actually uses a spiked kryptonite knuckleduster.

20. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Why did Lex Luthor never just get some Kryptonite bullets?

Or offer Superman a nice cool glass of kryptonade?

Tags: Add Tags