1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony: We don't want any Xbox titles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 25 Jul 2008.

1. dyzophoria

dyzophoria Minimodder

that's too much pride for sony if you ask me, considering they really have a bit of a problem with lineups on good games (yes there are good, great and fantastic games on the ps3, but compared to the WII & Xbox360 I think you get my point :) )

2. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Thats exactly what I was thinking... so apparently at some point there was a standoff where 2k games almost had to shoot Kaz Hirai to let them publish one of the best games of 2007 on his platform? What is this guy talking about. I guess he just enjoys adding more fuel to the fanboy flames.

3. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

I think a lot of you are missing the point - Sony's standpoint is that they refuse to pay, or offer extra incentives, just to get an edge. That's a bit of an ethical higher ground.

4. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Fixed that for you, Kaz. :duh:

5. zero0ne

zero0ne Minimodder

Sony!??? on the ethical higher ground? HAHAHAHAH

all the Microsoft OS crap aside Sony is by far on the lower ethical ground overall.

Everybody KNOWS microsoft is scum most of the time, and they just want to make a buck.... but remember Sony and their rotkit music CDs? etc etc... yeahhhhh

at least the 360 has an awesome team behind it, driving the console further and further in the right direction... can't say the same thing about Sony.

6. rollo

rollo Modder

microsoft will always be crap as far as im concerned

there windows server software is hopeless. Vista anybody? how long did xp take to patch and get working. ? xbox 360 has its issues
    red ring of death that was denied for 1 year then give 1 billion dollars to fix. the noise it makes kinda rules it out for night time play .

pc all the way for me. Most if not all 360 exclusives come to pc .

7. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

When has business been about ethics?! This is to me is a stupid business plan.

8. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I find they are banking on honor (has anyone noticed that they are Japanese?) instead of profitability. The PlayStation, although their largest expenditure, isn't the only electronic device or digital entertainment Sony floats on. Consider the enormous Sony Music Group, their even bigger Sony Pictures, SOE, portable media players, and Ericsson.

9. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

SP2 came out in 2004... so 3 years. Blue screens were still common well into SP2 as well... been using Vista for 3 or 4 months and it's never crashed on me and recovers itself without anything more than a "notice" if a dodgy 3rd party driver dies.

Some people have extremely short memories. Vista is already much better than XP.. I wouldn't go back if they paid me.

10. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

Have to agree here

Whilst i don't approve of many of Microsoft's policies, they're definitely the lesser of two evils when you add Sony into the mix...
    Not sure i'll ever be able to forgive Sony for their utterly astounding levels of arrogance during the PS3 launch and their blatant disregard of any decency towards consumers with the whole CD rootkit scandal...

Yes MS are bad as well, but not nearly as bad as Sony...

11. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

OK we're taking back Bioshock now.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you better be a pc gamer or your gonna get a beating for that,

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Hahaha.

Go Sony! Love those guys and their wee black beasty.

Sort of.

14. Sark.inc

Sark.inc What's a Dremel?

never had one blue screen at the fault of the OS, only when i did something like overclock or add bad third party drivers did i ever get a Blue screen and that was twice!

15. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

> general Halo trash though

Hear hear.

I'm really tired of hearing about Halo, on which basis you'll have to excuse my constant banging on about it.

Paging all fourteen year old 360 owners: Any of the Halo series is not a very good game. It's an average game, even a boring game. It's a game which embodies exactly what's wrong with consoles, in that it's had all the heart and soul ripped out of it to make it maximally inoffensive to the largest possible number of people.

Enjoyment of Halo signifies one of two things: very, very successful neural reprogramming by the Microsoft publicity machine, or a distinct lack of imagination.

Combat evolved? Combat made exactly the damn same as every other FPS, you mean...

16. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Tired of hearing about Halo? I've not heard anything really since it's release... I dunno what you've been reading...

17. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

just out of interest, and it is just a question what do you use software wise on your pc to run those games

18. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

> I dunno what you've been reading...

This forum, where there is, almost daily, at least one preschooler hammering with breathless desperation on his keyboard to express exactly how inexperienced he is in the field of computer games.

19. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Really? When was the last post on a thread related to Halo?

20. Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes Hypernobber

This one?

Every damn time the Xbox comes up someone brings up Halo like it's the second coming of Christ and it's mediocre

Tags: Add Tags