1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In a thousand years....

Discussion in 'General' started by outlawaol, 25 Jul 2008.

1. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Title speaks for itself. What do you think the world will be like in a 1000 years? Alien overlords? Armageddon? Living on the moon? Telepathy? Smaller brains bigger butts?

I personally believe that Jesus is going to come back. I'll be grasped from this world then all of mankind will deal with Satan for a 1000 years, then me and Jesus and all the saved will comeback and cleanse the planet of Satan and all sin.

I suppose I wouldn't actually be alive in a 1000 years, so I guess my response has a closer time frame! ;)

Suppose my idea dosnt come till well after or around a 1000 years, I suppose its possible that the planet will just be dying. Losing all its ability to sustain its inhabitants. Pollution is going to do it all in. :thumb:

:lol:

2. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

In a thousand years the world's run away greenhouse effect will start slowing down and a few thousand years after that life will return.

3. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

Why a 1,000 years?

Star Trek (TOS) took place in the 23rd century. Many of the devices that were used in the show have come into being already.

I have a hand-held communicator and a computer that glows blue on my face (like Spock when he was looking down into his viewer on the bridge). I've had diagnostics performed on me with a large tri-corder (MRI) so that I avoided exploratory surgery. We have space shuttles and space stations. We are even using ion propulsion engines to send probes to Mars.

You should have asked this question 960 years ago. :D

Last edited: 25 Jul 2008
  4. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Personally I think we will either be dead down to a disaster of epic magnitude, or far more advanced as for evolution well personally I think you need a few more 00's on the end of your years ;)

5. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I think fallout got it right. earth runs out of oil and the stupidity of a few old rich people with prevent us from using new technology in time to end our dependance. the cost of living will skyrocket society will break down chaos will ensue and that will be it.

6. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

1000 years down the line, i imagin it to be much like in wall-e, fat dumb people in scooter chairs, and letting computers and automation do everything.

we are becoming more relant on calculators and computers to solve many of are problems. most software engineers could hardly design in machine code.

exams are getting easier, people are getting dumber.

7. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I don't, because it's impossible to imagine so far into the future without explaining it in terms of what we already know. Try explaining to a Saxon invader TV and mobile phones, they won't understand.

8. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Humanity will have split into two or three distinct groups. Black and white will no longer exist. Everyone will be tall, slender. Women will have huge eyes and big boobs. There will also be a small squat pokey eyed group of humans. Technological advancement will have hit a wall due to lack of energy sources. The moon will be colonised by the tall slender group of humans. Mars is being terraformed.

Computer games no longer exists...... :(

9. Major

Major Guest

Humans will grow to a certain age and never get old, and if you want a child, you would have to disable your immortality in order for your child to grow (one person born, one person dies).

Limbs will be able to grow back in a matter of days, you would always have perfect eyesight, you will be able to choose what you look like also i.e. 7ft muscle giant or 6ft thin. Games will all be virtual so if you want to run across a map, you have to run across a map, and if you want to shoot someone, you have to aim and shoot with a gun. You will have a huge salary as a huge percentage of the world are millionaires and cars can travel over 1000mph on tracks on the roads (iRobot style). We will populating many planets in our solar system and there will be 3 different types of species ruling the world, one is alien based, and another is another animal which somehow evolved through an experiment by us, and that species is more intelligent than we will ever be, they are also more stronger, The alien based people will be able to travel through space as much as they want, and if it wasn't for them, we would not be on other planets around space. Religion will be gone also as the "creator" proved us all wrong and came down to visit, lmfao.

**** me, I could go on all day with stuff like that, hehe.

Last edited by a moderator: 25 Jul 2008
  10. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

A bit drastic, no?

Actually, I think (hope) that mankind will have outgrown their violent past, and violence will have disappeared long ago. If we're still around by then, we'll have moved off the earth a long time ago, either to other planets in the solar system or to other solar systems entirely.

11. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

relix will take over the world.

And then we'll be turned into cheesecake.

And bindi will eat us.

12. Major

Major Guest

How did that get in there. :D

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

It's hard to say, forcasting 10 years is hard enought but 1000 forget it

14. ShredMachine

ShredMachine What's a Dremel?

Millions of years hasn't done it, thousands of those being led by nonviolent religions hasn't done it, whats another aimless thousand going to do? Just gonna be the same old **** of people twisting things for their own ends.

15. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

"Don't give me that Star Trek crap. It's too early in the morning!"

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

:hehe: Awesome quote, from a classic program.

17. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

I predict that in a 1000 years we will look back on how amazingly wrong the predictions we made a 1000 years ago were :lol:

18. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

In a thousand years, it'll be the same ******** with a different spin.

19. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

now that is ironic

20. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

I have a decent feeling that 90% of the people we know right now, today, will die in the next world war.

Most definitely humanity will have destroyed earth by 3008. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the future told me that in 200 years we have to buy clean air as a service, like electricity or water. A company would filter the toxic atmosphere and pump it through pipes to our homes the way the water system does now, and going outside would require hazmat-attire.