1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's your Zombie Plan?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lunn1, 29 Jul 2008.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I think a great option is just to load a boat full of food and go live on an island off the shore.

2. zeroinfinity

zeroinfinity hmmm.

Have you ever seen the Dawn of the Dead remake? Not a good idea. :p

Last edited: 30 Jul 2008
  3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

what? no, I haven't. what happens in the reamake? can they swim or walk along the ocean floor or something?

4. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

They walk along the ocean floor, and due to their bodies decaying they can fill with gas and when bloated enough will float the the surface. Atleast thats what Max Brooks thinks/says lol. My zombie plan is simple. Guns. Girls. Food. Shelter. (joking)

5. kbates666

kbates666 What's a Dremel?

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks is a great start to saving yourself from any world ending phenomenon. Its a great read even if you think this stuff is silly.

6. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

Hey, there's something to be said for having a disaster plan, period . If the threat of zombies is necessary inspiration for you lot, well, I won't object too loudly.

(I intend to be the zombie that stabs other zombies from behind. I'll try to get to them before they get to you. No promises though.)

7. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

So then you have burning Zombies coming after you?
    I don't think so.

Both my house in town and out in the country have a fair amount of ammunition and guns, so it's a matter of getting to those first. Then my friends and I will board up at one of our houses, bringing all of our food, ammunition, and generators/gas. We have seeds to start our own gardens as well.

8. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I have a chainsaw in my shed, first thing. then donning paintball Armour and old army respirator to have some fun. btw, im pretty good with the chainsaw.

9. MShort

MShort putting the "i" in team

Its a 5 minute drive to the nearest Wal-Mart, they have great low prices, as well all the supplies one would need to survive a zombie attack. They have plenty of crap food that preserved so it'll last a decade, they have guns, a pharmacy, generators, furniture, space heats, tents, and much more. It may be necessary to fortify, no worries though, there's a Home Depo next door, and a gas station next to that for fuel proposes. Im a aware of all the open space and lack of time that one would have, but i think it is do-able. So there you go Wal-mart its great to ruin an economy or just stay alive long enough for the zombies to die off of starvation.

edit: O and i own a boat, i live in a marina, so the very fist thing i would think of would to be to hop on my boat, well grandfathers, a 56 foot sport fisher, its topped off with about 1000 gals of diesel, not to mention 200 gals of fresh water, so i could get about 400 miles, there's enough food on board for about a week and with all the diesel on board worst case scenario i could anchor out in the bay and run the water maker and generator sparing for about 2 weeks, plus 3 bedrooms and 2 showers, nothing like living large while zombies attack, as for guns, there's a short barrel shot gun its a necessity for boats that are rather expensive (pirates, not joking)

Last edited: 30 Jul 2008
  10. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

I'd head over to the bit-tech HQ while stopping to purchase a nice shiny side-arm on the way and carrying my trusty cricketbat.
    When i get there, all of us should sit down and have a nice cup of tea and wait for all this to blow over, Shaun of the dead style.:lol:

11. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

K guys So here is the first part of my Zombie plan:

Supplies from home:
    - Both handguns
    - gun cleaning kit
    - Jackets
    - All Jeans/Shirts/under garments
    - Leather Boots
    - All Long Socks
    - Soap Bars
    - Razors
    - Computers/laptops (to help contact anyone else who might be living still)
    - Power Strips
    - batteries
    - my Military 1st aid kit (equip with glucose packets)
    - Blankets
    - All food

Plan from home to 1st location:
    - Gather All supplies in duffel bags
    - Put supplies in Car
    - get from home to Lowes/Sportsmans Warehouse/Wal-mart Location

[​IMG]

Plan At 1st Location
    -Find way into Lowes
    -after in lowes, barricade doors with shopping carts, secure shopping carts with rope
    -gather chain link fence and poles and or pipes, generator and welding supplies
    -put all material (^) on roof and build a bridge to Sportsman Warehouse
    -follow suit over to walmart
    -once inside sportsman warehouse, barricade doors with shopping carts and rope, along with Walmart

Plan after initial Setup and bridging
    - Gather All weapons/ammunition/reloading equipment on top of Sportsmans Warehouse
    -Take out all zombies from rooftop
    -reload all brass and put as much ammunition into magazines and fill the rest in duffel bags
    -Find All generators within Lowes/Sportsmans/Walmart
    -Move all generators to Lowes Roof
    -As long as electricity lasts, move all food from Wal-mart to Fridges and Freezers in Lowes
    -Start Making Ice with any ice makers available
    -Build Better Barricades for Lowes Doors
    (if electricity runs out withing hours, very doubtful, use generators and dehumidifiers to create beef jerky out of all meats found)

Gathering 1st Aid equipment
    -In wal-mart gather suitcases and use red nail polish to put a + on all suitcases used for 1st aid
    -Fill suitcases according to equipment
    --bandages/ace wraps in one
    --rubbing alcohol and peroxide in another
    - after walmart is sorted, break into Pharmacy and fill bill bottles and stuff into suitcases
    -finishing wal-mart, move to sportsmans and find emergency 1st aid kits
    -move all 1st aid to lowes, and barricade in storage lockers (while also searching Lowes for 1st aid equipment)

So Far thats my Zombie Plan, i have more pictures other then what i show you, i dont think ill get a good enough scan from my Drawing Journal for you guys to actually get the full notice of everything, yes you can make fun of me cause im putting into a journal but my zombie plan also works for an Alien invasion (which is more likely to happen) and any type of natural Disaster (that will be a different Chapter), and "terrorist" attack or anything. My brother actually is bringing me actual Military MRE's for emergency situations and I collect Gallon Jugs and Fill with water just in case of one; Can never Be too Prepared.

12. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Only problem I can see with your plan so far is that your going to either

A. break your back moving all the generators

or

B. Your going to need three large lorries to move everything :)

13. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

i plan on my wife being there also and i share my plan with a guy at work, and hopefully i wont be the only person, if i was then i would just go all out until i had one shot left and kill myself.

14. MShort

MShort putting the "i" in team

what do you mean say, that us survivors don't get mutated by the virus and can perform super human tasks?!?

15. zeroinfinity

zeroinfinity hmmm.

There's a lot of houses in that area. What if the area is swarmed?

16. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

those houses have about 3-4 football fields to go through, and a 20 ft fence cause well we like to keep people out of our Turn pike and theres about a 12 ft brick wall behind all of that, thats a old picture from google earth

17. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I'll just go to Canada.. Zombies will just freeze. I win.

18. kbates666

kbates666 What's a Dremel?

Only problem I see with your plan is the walmart lowes part. If such an attack were to happen everybody would think about supplies and raid the walmart and lowes of everything valuable before you get there. Store employees might beat you to the punch, etc.. Places everyone would think of are a bad idea. I would suggest someplace like a school because you know if something bad happens everyone with kids will get them and go somewhere else.

19. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I wouldn't come here - one entire wall is made of glass. If it happened while I was at work then I get out on to the roof straight away, or jump in the car with Jamie.

20. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

do you spend any time not assessing potential risks of attack on your person?
    zomg it's jason bourne.