1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mouse Time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kierax, 1 Aug 2008.

1. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

My G9 is feeling it's overuse :p so wonder out of the Razer range, whats good for the under £50 range, their is alot of choice.

2. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Your G9 is ALREADY feeling worn out? What's wrong with it? I would contact Logitech, they are brilliant with replacements.

3. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

I bought it the day it come out basically and it's wear and tear mate, the feet are worn, and if I am honest I am just not liking the shape for pro-longed gaming sessions.

4. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

i recentl got a G5, and love it to bits. Also razer makes excellent mice.

5. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

My Razer/ Microsoft Habu mouse is still running pretty awesome...

Try something Razer - they usually impress.

6. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I've got a copperhead, but the new ones that are 4000 dpi are apparantly where it's at, though I'm extremely happy with my copperhead. Only thing is the mouse shape on the copperhead is for both lefties and righties so it has no real natural curve. The new one that's 4000 dpi (lacosa or something like that) does have some curve to make it feel more natural, and clan mates have said they loved theirs.

7. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

I recently (couple of months actually) bought the razer 4000dpi Lachesis mouse. Great mouse, it is for both lefty's and righty's but i do not mind this at all. All reviews comment on it being awkward shaped yet this has never affected me at all, probably it has benefited me.
    Great mouse for gaming and general purpose, however a few little things are very annoying. The software that is shipped has obviously not gone under any testing before release and razer are reluctant to fix it for some unknown reason, for instance you are suppose to be able to save different profiles yet this feature does not work.

As you already have a gaming mouse i assume you have a mouse pad, however if you don't it is a must with this mouse to reach its "full" potential

Edit: you can buy replacement feet for your g9 if you cant find a suitable mouse. here

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Mouse pads make very little difference, i doubt 1/1000 of a second is going to make a large difference...

9. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Tempted by the Lachesis but I have read in reviews it suffers badly from the slightest tip up, causes the cursor to fly off course? also for drivers since using Logitech I really don't care for mouse/keyboard manufacture drivers, I tend to stick with Vista's own.

10. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

They make little difference in speed, however they help stop the mouse feet deteriorating so quickly.

not quite sure what you mean here, there was a problem with irregular movements but this has been resolved in an update.

11. Kierax

Kierax What's a Dremel?

Firmware or driver disk update?

What the life-time on these mice? really fancy getting a good two years out of it if they are as comfy as I am after, having used a copperhead before I feel it would be a better move than the weird feeling G9.

12. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

Firmware

Quality wise they are fantastic, as long as you have a good mouse pad to prevent wear.

13. inverted

inverted What's a Dremel?

If your right handed I would go for the Deathadder. It is the most comfortable mouse I have ever used and is only £35 on scan. I have owned a copperhead as well and it beats it hands down.