1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL New housemates, intresting behaviour!

Discussion in 'General' started by julianmartin, 5 Aug 2008.

1. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

hah, the replies have cheered me up, thanks guys.

i've been deep in conversation with my current housemate all day. we agree we don't want to argue with this blaggard of a housemate.

it turns out she had phoned him on the day she moved in complaining about the state of the oven (it's a student house ffs), but what she wanted him to do about it i dont know, he's in glouscestershire at the minute and the house is in the middle of surrey! she must have been very very rude to him because i've never heard him complain like that about someone before. she did also say she'd called our landlady.

so earlier today I phoned up sue (landlady), who is an absoloute dear, such a nice woman and i feel bad troubling her with this. apparently the mother of this slag called sue up last saturday complaining about the state of the oven, and sue being too nice to argue got convinced by this woman to REPLACE the oven, and then on top of that, the vinyl floor, because the girl, and i quote, "didn't like it". that's all being done this saturday. sue said she was so upset after the phone call that she broke down in tears! i mean wtf!

i then told her about the bin bags of all our stuff and she seemed quite confused as to why on earth they'd do that. sue confirmed that she saw the right number of empty, clean cupboards for them to move into. so on saturday she said she'd set this girl straight and tell her you can't be doing stuff like that. I decided to withold the info about my wine just because I felt so sorry for her!

looks like i'll be getting a courtesy car so i might make an appearance on saturday and watch what happens...

stay tuned girls and boys!

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

All that was Helen anyway :worried: . I was in my Morrowind phase then and never left my room. ;)

3. RTT

RTT #parp

... are the enemy

4. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

This is getting interesting, I do like this thread :D

5. BenK

BenK Minimodder

Nothing beats a "new housemates" thread.

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

after living with more people than I can count, girls and guys, I will say this. girls are slobs.
    I wont live with them anymore (as roommates). no point, they are lazy, cant clean up, etc. I'm sure that there are some gleaming examples out there who are the exception to the rule. but I haven't met them yet. As for your stuff, you were there first, they moved into your home. put your stuff back where you want it.

7. Major

Major Guest

Can't you just tell her to **** off.

8. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

:hehe:

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

+1

I wouldn't be surprised if she has an eating disorder too. Personality adaptation, definitely.

In any case she has some very poor boundaries. Your first move needs to be to establish firm and consistent boundaries with her. If you don't, or are in any way wishy-washy, unclear or inconsistent with these boundaries (not just towards her but also towards others), she'll keep engaging in this behaviour. If she does persist, kick her out. You won't change her, you won't make her see reason. You're down to behavioural principles here: don't argue with her, don't reason with her, don't negotiate. She needs to know that there are boundaries, they are these, and the cost of disrespecting them is eviction.

10. Major

Major Guest

Is to tell her to move all your stuff back to where it was because she has **** all right to move your personal property, secondly, she can't just come in and act like she owns the place. You grab all her crap and put it in black bags, she how the bitch likes it then.

11. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

my suggestion (would require muchos effort but would be worth it)

-buy sleeping tablets
    -get her to take them (put it in a drink or summat)
    -get all of her stuff (furniture included)
    -chuck it all in the back of a van
    -get her
    -chuck her in the back of a van
    -find an abandoned house 50 miles away
    -set up her room there
    -put her on the bed
    -hide outside (with camera) and enjoy

what? i have an over active imagination.....

12. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

I agree with the guys saying talk to her first. It's surprising how oblivious people can be to others feelings. They aren't even aware they've done anything wrong but a firm word saying how you don't appreciate it and don't do it again etc works quite well. If it doesn't then don't bother with the weird bitch and her crazy ass mother and kick that freak show out :D lol

nicey, nicey then not so nice I guess is the technical term to this approach.

I've had my fair share of lazy house mates to deal with at uni and I have found that woman are much more oblivious that they are being absolutely unreasonable swines!

13. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

If talking doesn't work, post it on the internet for us to giggle at.

14. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Sounds like a spoiled brat that's used to get everything she points at. Especially since her parents had to talk to your landlady.

And demanding that the floor and oven are replaced sounds just...weird. Sounds like she is just taking advantage of this nice lady. (Nice landlords seems to be pretty rare...)

15. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

If i were you i would ask her to reimburse Sue for the oven and vinyl floor. I am not one for taking advantage of nice people and try to make sure people pay for it. Otherwise just talk to the room mate and tell her the boundaries and the repercussions of going over said boundaries.

16. Red Eye

Red Eye Minimodder

You should think about planting a foul smell in her room, something that will linger and something you just cant used to the smell of. If shes as crazy as she sounds, it'll drive her crazy if her own bedroom, her own personal space is not perfect. And just sit back and watch her crack.

17. itazura

itazura PAWAA GURABU DAISUKI, YABAI DESU YO

seconded. sounds like the perfect thing to do to me!

18. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

And I thought I was a bad housemate.

19. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

i thought the same about myself. Theres some terrific ideas in this lot, dont think ive moved anything (not in my room) in the flat im in since i moved in

20. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

im subscribing to this one!!

my opinion is to move your stuff back to where it was (keep the wine in your room / attic) anything of hers that is taking up your space just put it on her bed, do it on a night where she is going to get in late so that she has to stay up clearing the crap of the bed. if she complains say that she has her allocated space in the kitchen etc if she has to much stuff get her parents to buy her a house bigger as clearly she needs more space and its a shame she has to slum it with the rest of you