1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm 20 but alcohol induced memory loss is becoming frequent!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mighty Yoshimi, 7 Aug 2008.

1. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

dude they are my friends and up here in scotland basically everyone my age drinks, i know am not addicted cos last night was my first time drinkin in 3 months. But they are ma mates and well, they don't pressure me into drinking, they just pressure me into coming out, it's just i feel funny not drinkin an bein surrounded by them

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I love how you posed the question if anyone else is the same. Nice to be reassured you're not the only one destroying your brain I suppose...

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I've always drunk cola whenever I've gone out (apart from the odd Vodka (Smirnoff Ice or whatever) once in awhile - never did like the taste of lager/beer/wine etc...) I've always enjoyed myself as much as everyone else and with no hangovers the next day (I do find you can only drink so much of the stuff though - and watch your teeth with all that sugar:).)

4. Mighty Yoshimi

i know that's my only concern anyone know what to avoid drinking if anything when you've got a tooth thats 'dead'

5. Mighty Yoshimi

I'lll try that :):)

Cheers lads and girls.

*Closeee thread?*

6. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

if you still want to drink when you go out then id say just adjust your pace... for every 2 drinks everyone else has only have one but drink it slower. That way you get to drink, your mates dont bother you, and when you wake up in lichtenstein you will remembber how you got there.

7. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

I'm in the same boat... don't even remember being thrown out of a club the other day, or half the night to be honest...

I think its also affected my ability to articulate myself in day to day (non drunken life), at least I think thats what its due to. I used to be able to debate pretty well when at school, now not so much.

8. ShredMachine

ShredMachine What's a Dremel?

Stop making excuses already. You are drinking too much. You know it is affecting you negatively.

You thusly have 3 choices.

1 - Don't drink as much while you are out, or drink weaker, or non-alcoholic drinks.
    2 - Don't go out because you obviously can't control yourself well enough to do #1
    3 - Carry on doing what you're doing, end up an alcoholic making excuses and trying to blame your problems on someone else, get a girl pregnant, have a child you don't want, treat the child like **** because you're an alcoholic, stress out your partner if shes even still around by that point, get a liver problem, shrivel up carry on drinking and die hated by not only your family but also everyone who has come into contact with you whether it be your daughters boyfriends, friends, your partner friends, your work colleagues etc etc etc!

----------------
    Now playing: Alice in Chains - Nothin' Song
    via FoxyTunes

9. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Memory loss from a night out is nothing to do with your age, I'm sure.

10. Major

Major Guest

There are times when you "have" to get pissed, but most of the times you dont have to get smashed.

And memory loss is normal if your pissed, is this thread a joke or something? Hardly anyone who gets hammered remembers anything from the night before.

11. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I dunno, I think it's normal to not remember the whole night, but you should be able to remember most of it. It's when I started getting complete blackouts frequently that I realised I was drinking too much.

12. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

i think the general consensus is exactly that... getting hammered, off your face, paralytic will mean you cant remember what happened. The whole point was the OP doesnt like that and so we are saying drink less = remember more.

13. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

Agreed with everyone really.
    Drink less and the problem will resolve itself. If you HAVE to get wasted frequently (peer pressure etc) to have a good time with these people then maybe you should think about a different set of friends?

A good way to curb the quantity would be to perhaps set a limit for the night out, take only in cash what you need and leave all bank cards at home. That way you can only buy to your limit of drinks and once the money is gone that's it and your indicator that you should stop.

Another alternative is to perhaps eat more before you go out? It will both help to absorb the alcohol and fill your stomach so you can't fit so much drink in there.

14. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

Happens a lot here in St.Ives, people on holiday for a few weeks go overboard in the pubs nightly. A lot go on to start fights between themselves and passers by.

Personally I go about alcohol two ways. If I'm driving, then I won't drink at all. Otherwise, maybe a couple of pints then switch to cola or OJ for the rest of the night.

15. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I used to have a lot of blackouts... couldn't control myself.. So I decided I don't like drinking and haven't touched alcohol in months.. and don't intend to.

16. Shippo

Shippo What's a Dremel?

I agree with Major. This thread is a joke, and so is everyone who had posted in here. You're all conformist and agreeing with what the "law" says. 2 pints is considered binge drinkning now, I mean WTF. There is no such thing as binge drinking, its all a load of bull to get people to stop drinkning.
    I usually have no less than 3-4 pints before I go on a night out, then carry on drinking once im on the town. Yes, memory loss occurs once you drink "too much", but thats the affect alcohol has, always has, always will do. All this about alcohol shortening your life too is crap imo. Just balance it out with a proper diet and excrcice and you'll be fine. I feel great and have never been healthier, but I go "binge drinking" every weekend. Anyone wanna work that out?

Yoshimi, if you wanna go drinkig, go drinking I say. Do what you wanna do, not what other people tell you to do, myself included.

17. Timmy_the_tortoise

Enjoy your mid-life liver failure.

18. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I don't give a good God damn what the law says. It's reasons like these which make my town a no-go zone at night. Thank you.

19. Shippo

Shippo What's a Dremel?

I never said I was one of those drunken louts now did I? I know how to hold my alcohol and be respectful of others when in public. People like them really annoy me and do nothing for the image of the town/city. Thankyouverymuch.

20. Timmy_the_tortoise

Drunken lout or not, your attitude is appaling. You seem to be condoning drinking excessively for the sake of rebellion against the state. There's a reason people are told not to drink so much, and people worry about increasing binge drinking.. It's because drinking excessively is very bad for your health.