1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thermaltake Spedo Chassis? Yay or Nay for review?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 7 Aug 2008.

1. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

Yes very nice case, would like to see some of those features implemented into other new cases.

Super cheese though

2. Stuey

Stuey You will be defenestrated!

I think that it looks ugly, but some of its features may be worth a deeper look. Is this the first case to offer user-removable compartment partitions?

I think it might be worth a review. It resembles too many other cases though; the CM690 is the first to come to mind.

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

4. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

what have you got to lose lol, review it... i did like the looks of the case till i seen it looked like it was built by a 8 year old LOL

5. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

time. if nobody cares, they could be writing articles people will read.

i remember in the original thread on this case, i was one of the people saying "yeah, but it's still a thermaltake". i'd love to see a review. i wouldn't ever buy it, becuase i think it's ugly. but i'd like to see bit-tech's take on all the new features, how well it cools, etc.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

:thumb: ok

7. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

Here are some pics

http://forum.thermaltake.com/viewtopic.php?t=3171&sid=57517035d0237411f9a0424ddb528e1b

I think Tt reputation has been under the gun and they aren't impressing people with their video as much as they'd like to. Some might say it's poorly implemented, but that would be an unqualified opinion until it was further reviewed by an unbiased, independent source - like bit.

I'd like to know how loud it is and if those 23cm fans make a difference.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well Harry tests the nuts off cases now; he's like a kid at Christmas when a new one comes in. ;);):D

I'll get one in and we'll do the low down then, but I'll get a price first mind.

I have to say - it's potentially very moddable. Strip it down, keep the features, new front/top/side. Could be do-able.

9. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I think it looks like it has some nice idea, maybe a few which could be used as a modding idea, I liked that moveable fan. So yea, I say give it a go and lets see what you think when its used properly. Esp the noise levels, I imagine with that many fans it must make a fair bit.

10. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Sure, it looks like an interesting case so i say go for it! :thumb:

11. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Yes. I checked out the youtube video and it looks like they have spent some time to try some new idea's.
    It is a little to over the top for me though.

12. zoot2boot

zoot2boot What's a Dremel?

honestly, i wouldn't bother. you can see from the video how plastic-y and lightweight it all is. those harddrive cages and retention mechanisms look like something you'd find in a $2 supermarket toy. you can see them flex as he's closing them. The quality or any notion of quality has just never been there with thermaltake. korean manufacturing at its most shame worthy.

13. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

It's nice.. but a lil extreme. Could be nice but personally just seems like a way to mod with out tools. still looks like a neat design.

14. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Reminds me too much of speedos.

So, no.

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Thermaltake are Taiwanese.

Zalman are Korean.

16. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I don't really want to see a TT case review until they decide to stop having 8 year olds design their cases.

Don't get me wrong, I have a TT Xaser III in black and I love it in as much as a man can love a metal box, but everything before and since the III has been a waste of shelf space IMO.

I was actually excited when they announced the Xaser4, but seeing one, seeing what they had done to it put me right off TT as a company.

17. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

looks like a tacky lump of crap tbh

review it for the laugh :D

18. zoot2boot

zoot2boot What's a Dremel?

oh. probably should have checked that out. :blah:

19. alleyne

alleyne What's a Dremel?

If you can squeeze in a review, i would be def be interested in reading it. if not no stress.
    ________
    Willow run assembly

Last edited: 25 Mar 2011
  20. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

While I do like the fanbar idea and the 3.5 to 5.25 adapter (would be nice if they poked out drive bays), it looks alot like a CM 690 crossed with a brick.

Good to see companies taking on the thermal zone idea as well, would be interesting to see a review of it.