1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Capcom: "Resident Evil 5 is not racist"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Jul 2008.

1. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Where is it set then? I'll edit my reply accordingly?

And just an observation Joe your replys are very short and well to-the-point, you alright dude?

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

No. No. No. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous politically-correct-thinking right there.

In the US games, why must there be a black person "presented as intelligent or productive". Alright, you could choose to put someone in there, to satisfy those people who look for these kinds of things, but does it actually matter? Uhhm... Not to most of us.

Now, usually, when you set anything in a particular region you have the indigenous population in it, not ship in a load of folks who have no business being there other than the odd tourist.

As for all the characters being represented as zombies, how can you possibly know what characters will be doing what, unless you've played the entire game? All those assumptions you've made are totally fabricated, top to bottom.

The reason poor old Jun Takeuchi has had to defend this game is because of people like you, who automatically assume that when a game is set in Africa (or any region where the local population has a high-black percentage), it MUST be a racist diatribe.

What about FarCry2? Surely that must be riddled with racism?

3. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Wrong

Resident evil 5 IS set in Africa. If the various news articles confirming it aren't enough in one of the intro videos to Chris's partner Shuva (or something), she says "Welcome to Africa"

The "well-informed insider" claiming it wasn't set in Africa which BT reported on was nothing much a bunch of BS

Last edited: 8 Aug 2008
  4. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

According to the new Winter Games Preview, RE5 is set in Haiti, which is in the Carribbean. Still 95% Black population, though.

5. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Way to introduce yourself. Long time posters here defending their right play A GAME. WITH ZOMBIES IN IT.

In what way does this game say that blacks are subhuman? It's a game where you survive a zombie horde.

Played it, have we? Because it's a game. About surviving a zombie invasion.

Scuse my French, but gtfo.

I won't. I'll lie awake thinking, 'Holy crap, I hope there's no zombies out there, omg what was that noise'.

Welcome to the forums :) Somehow I can tell you're a 1-post wonder.

6. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

You're a funny guy.

Okay, now go back to being a racist ****face.

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Aug 2008
  7. Krikkit

Please try not to flame guys, keep it clean too please. :)

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

on the Comic Con Showing on G4 they stated that they go back to where the strain was originally created and they said that was Africa so did that change? since then?

9. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

Then Bit-Tech are wrong again ;)
    Besides it's out March 2009 not Winter 08.

Wiki
    RE5 Trailer

10. Mr_Sinister

Mr_Sinister Not Evil, just Bad

All i can say about that is this is political correctness gone mad:duh:

Killing someone (what ever race) in a GAME! is not racist.
    unless every single person killed in that game is a single race, and is made to look like it is that race's fault for all that is happening,
    and then remember For F**K Sake it is only a bloody GAME, and not meant to be taken so seriously:wallbash:

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Yeah.

The female lead looks hispanic, the main character caucasian, even though the game is made by Asians. Very racist. Four games are set in the US and Europe, blowing away white zombies. No problem there, obviously. One is set in Africa, blowing away black zombies. OMG, Racism!

You're right. From now on all zombies and baddies should be white. Because all bad people are white, while all coloured people are in action how like an angel, in their apprehesion how like a God. In fact, us coloured people crap pure gold, to be honest. I checked. I went this morning.

And when games producers need to boost sales it is always a safe bet to "appeal to the racist fringe" (whoever they are). I mean, WTF?!? :rolleyes:

That logic reminds me of the Snickers ad that was pulled recently:

That's right. The Gay lobby objected to the commercial's gay stereotyping because in their opinion the speedwalker walked, well, a bit gay.

Some people will take offense even where none is given. Get some anti-dandruff shampoo: there's chips on your shoulder.

12. Krikkit

ROFL, that sounds awesome. Damn these lobbyists for pulling the best adverts...

13. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

THANK YOU MR INTERNET.

Such a funny advert, damn gays ruining all the fun!

I agree with nexxo.

14. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

Now you're being alienist. :D

I had no idea that Nexxo was black :jawdrop:, still doesn't change my opinion that he is a smart bloke who posts well thought out replies. :thumb:
    Still doesn't change the fact that if he was a zombie I would blow his head off just like any other person that turned into a zombie and tried to eat my brains.
    Black, white, hispanic, asian, alien it doesn't matter they would all qualify for *BOOM HEADSHOT>* :cooldude:

If anything this game shows a white man trying to make amends for the foolishness of other white men:
    White man goes to Africa and gets zombie germs then spreads them to other countries creating a zombie plague (white man's foolishness), white man tries to save world from zombie plague numerous times in numerous countries (main character), white man realises that the origin of the zombie germs must be eradicated to undo the harm caused by the other (foolish) white men who released the zombie plague, white man goes to Africa to eradicate the origin of the zombie germs, white man encounters black zombies but does not discriminate against them just because they are black and he is white and proceeds to blow their heads off just like he has done before in other countries with other cultures of other skin colours including white.

Tags: Add Tags