1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Paperazzi: July08 MoTM - End of the road :)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by acey, 27 Jun 2008.

1. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

lol i dont consider myself good in using it but its now my fav material. well, if youre using it and you have any questions you can just ask me or anyone else :)

Mouse pad is still in progress.

2. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Some update. Have to stack near-empty spray cans on it so it doesnt bend when it dries.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Added another layer underneath it to thicken it a little. And bought some stuffs today to finish it off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just for deco purposes. Lol, no, not watercooled mousepad, that would be nonsense. :)

3. Frido

Frido Minimodder

Nothing's nonsense in this forum dude! :rock:
    Next up is a watercooled mousemat then ;) (C'mon people, who'll be first? :dremel:)

Nice deco thingies - maybe you could have some clear tubing with slime inside them sticking in and out of the sides of the mat? Would look grossly organic IMO :)

/Frido

4. bentleya

bentleya Lian Li Snail :)

ermm watercooled mouse mat frido i was thinking in watercooling my pump and and rads :p lol

5. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Lol.. watercool your cooling fans and grills

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You will need to mod your mouse. Mainly into an 'all-terrrain' mouse. :hehe: A full theme casemod will get you more points in a contest, so you are stuck with modding everything now.:D

7. Frido

Frido Minimodder

LEDS get hot, don't they? (I know they don't get THAT hot, but a bit hot's hot, right? And hot needs to "not-be-hot")
    Throw 'em in the watercooling pool! :) And let the watercooling craziness games begin! *diabolical voice*

/Frido

8. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

If your doing case, keyboard, mouse pad, you gotta do the mouse and the monitor tooo!!! Don't tease us lol

9. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

:D Keep guessing, keep guessing haha

You'd probably get "invisible light" LED in the end hahaha

Lol, you'll just have to wait and see what I have next lol. Even I don't know..

I'll finish up the mousepad by today. Its 3.30pm right now over here and I've done the base color for it after gripping glue. I'll try painting it with poster color instead of red oxide spray (horrible color, shouldnt have gone for it) and then slime it. Hopefully. Gonna get my left calf tatt finished tomorrow so might be taking a few days off after tomorrow.

10. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Mwehehehe. 1 more day.

Painted with minor highlights. Then further highlight with the old brown instead of red oxide that I used for the keyboard (it sucks, I'm gonna need a new can of brown)

[​IMG]

Slimed :D

[​IMG]

I stuffed the 2 cylinders into their place, took me a couple of minutes as the paint and slime tightened the loop a little. Feel its too empty so I pour some slime and additional glue into it. Don't ask me how it's gonna turn out to be when its dried, I got no idea at all lol. We'll just have to wait and see.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the plastic tubes, opt for semi-flow look. Since the cylinders are half empty or half full I'll just make it look as if its non functioning anymore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll need to clear coat them tomorrow and superglue the top covers early. Some patch of purple are not so brilliant right now but once clear coated they'll be extremely shiny. As stated on prev post, I might be taking a couple of days off modding as I'm getting my left calf's tatt finished tomorrow noon.

11. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

As good as it looks - without a plain surface the mousepad is absolutely useless. :(

12. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

1 mm acryllic Cheesecake! :D cut it to size and you got yourself a damn fine mousepad!
    love the overall mod acey!

13. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Too bad. It works very fine with my mouse when I try it out. :) Now re-define useless for me please :)

Lol mate, no acrylic for it. I wannit purely out of paper and paper only.

14. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Done done done. 3/6 of the set.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back and right

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front part

[​IMG]

One slimy family

[​IMG]

Spiderman.. spiderman..

[​IMG]

Time to go get my ink. I've already got some ideas for the mouse, LCD monitor and speaker base in my head. Be back once I get a back-up mouse :D

15. Asulc

Asulc Minimodder

Good. I was really hoping that you would do something with the mouse, monitor, and speakers!

16. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Heh don't worry i will, was just toying with the idea of a full set in the beginning n now since it'll look weird thought might as well go for it all like what Kenco n the rest said

17. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

Just tuning into this, so I might have missed this aspect of your material usage. I hope it's not too fragile because it really looks good.

18. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

:D Thx for checking out. No prob so far with all 3 stuffs.

19. Frido

Frido Minimodder

That picture where you can see the side of the case - there's a round depressing in the middle of the "X" - you could put a cylinder with slime there, just like those on the mouse pad? Would fit the theme well IMO? And by the way, how are you gonna get the mat's surface flat enough, as I see it, the paper's got such wrinkles in it - making it a hell with a mouse?

Great mod, it just get better and better! :)

/Frido

20. acey

acey What's a Dremel?

Not for the side panel. Will make it too.. uh.. bulky with cylinders on it. When I lay the paper for the base I actually get another layer of plastic on top to flatten it. So the wrinkles you see on the pad are actually dents, not bumps. :naughty:

Tags: