1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors My New Jeep. Let Me Show You It

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm_Not_A_Monster, 11 Aug 2008.

1. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

my rear windshield wiper does that, it's done it since new, i usually clean the blade, actually, i've been using washer fluid with more detergent in it, and it doesn't so that anymore, or at least far far less. There are probably tons of ideas on how to fix that problem though.

2. tleilax

tleilax What's a Dremel?

I use gloves in the winter. But these are very thin leather ones. They're just thick enough to stop my fingers from freezing, but thin enough to forget I'm wearing them. They get good traction on the steering wheel too :clap:
    Expensive, though :blush:

For the wiper blades, try something like Rain-X: http://www.rainx.com/ this will lessen water freezing to your windscreen, and if you drive fast enough (above 75 kph, about 45 mph), you don't even need the wipers when it's raining or snowing. I once stopped the wipers in a downpour, because the wipers were making the situation worse than without the wipers. It was raining so hard, everybody was going about 50 kph because their wipers couldn't cope with the water. I was doing about 80 kph, without the wipers. The water just ran over the windscreen and over the roof of the car. Naturally, a heated front windscreen does help a bit in cold weather too. Buy another car??? :naughty:

3. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I have some gloves like that, I feel like I'm going to kill someone while wearing them, it's a good feeling. But it's too cold here for those. I'll rainx my rear window and see how it goes. and when water freezes to my windshield, it's after the windshield has heated up after driving around and then i come to a stop and leave, then it snows or something, so it melts, then refreezes as water.

4. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

wait, you mean theres a time when you DON'T feel like youre going to kill someone?

whats it like?

5. Gooey_GUI

Gooey_GUI Wanted: Red Shirts

It's too bad gas is so high, but affording it would give you access to the Sierra Nevada. Look up Meadow Lake just North by NW of Truckee. There are some old gold mines there that you can go through the mine tailings to search for gold ore. From there you can leave all the crowds and take many different roads to different lakes and so on. Great views of top of Sierra, ranging south, from the highest point above Meadow Lake.

Plenty of trout if you like to fish. Enjoy!

Investigate the possibility of driving out to the hills at bottom of run (French Lake?)

6. OldSnakeWontDie

OldSnakeWontDie What's a Dremel?

I love Jeeps. They make me feel like I'm getting ready for the zombie apocalypse.

7. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

why do you think i got it? it can hold my M1 carbine, Lobo, and bicycle on the roof while i'm heading to a remote and easily defensible location?

Tags: