1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows [F.E.A.R.: Extraction Point] Any players? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DarkCreep, 20 Nov 2006.

1. DarkCreep

DarkCreep What's a Dremel?

I got the game a week ago and so far i've played about 10 minutes (after install). I beat the first church part then saved and took off. I got more hours at work and it took time away from F.E.A.R. and NFS: Carbon. :wallbash:

What do you guys think about the game?
    Was it worth the $19.99?

I still need to finish F.E.A.R., I had to format twice and I forgot to save the save file. :duh:

2. Glue

Glue What's a Dremel?

yes

3. Springs

Springs Boing boing

the new weapons are cool... like you i never did finish FEAR..

4. RedDethX

RedDethX What's a Dremel?

Yes it's worth finishing, but it has some weird bugs or something. My brother's 7900GTX randomly drops down to 20~ FPS when he's coming out of this one vent part >.>; when his FPS is like 40-80 normally :/

5. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Finished it just a few days ago - if you like the original then you will like Extraction Point. Continues the original story well and has a few bits that'll make you jump.

Is'nt the shortest add-on but will leave you wanting more.

6. DarkCreep

I'm getting too many hours at Fry's and I dont have any time to play games. I still haven't touched it. I dont have enough time for my self, I still got to go to school and stuff.

This really sucks for me now.

7. riggs

riggs ^_^

Just finished playing Extraction Point the other night...definitely seemed creepier than the first, and wasn't too short. Bit disappointed with the ending though; didn’t really come to any conclusion (unless they’re planning a sequel?)

8. Hovis

Hovis What's a Dremel?

It gave me the heebie jeebies in a big way. :jawdrop:

9. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

lol me too. I got FEAR and Extraction point for christmas, only a couple of hours into FEAR so far, but already had me jumping out me skin.

Awesome game so far, and i was VERY impressed with the graphics.

My 7900GS serving me well here at 1440x900, couldn't belive how realistic the engine is, walking down corridoors knocking things over...

not quite the rich facial features of Quake 4, but overall, textures and sounds are incredible.

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's a great, no **** FPS for FPS lovers. It's better than the first one in that they provide more open scenes for people to run around you which makes it even better. Kudos to the AI and scene designers.

What also impressed me was when you reach the subway and the dude with the rocket launcher starts pwning you as you stand on the stairs: hiding behind a pillar doesnt work since they disintegrate. First time I've seen it done so well. Overall, the ending is a little meh, but I didn't play it for the story, I played it because I fancied a bit of FPS action.

11. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Its on my "I'm not playing it - on the hunk of poop I call a computer - untill I upgrade" list.

Soon, oh so soon...

12. DarkCreep

Sorry to revive an old thread, but they did come out with the expansion pack!

And im in the process of beating FEAR 1 then installing the expansion pack, if I beat that, Expansion pack v.2 here I come!

13. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

14. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

Yeah, i've played the second expansion pack. And it was okay. Some of the jumpy bits were still in there, but the game felt TOO simular, and the environments were the pretty much exactly the same.
    I keep playing the ending to FEAR just to watch the reactor explode hehe.

There is a new expansion, but i've heard thats its crap. Just the same thing as the previous expansion and game. They should really develop something new. Plus, FEAR's performance still hurts my Dual Core and 8800 card. Heh.
    New engine Cheesecake. =P

15. DarkCreep

Sorry to revive my old thread, but I just finished F.E.A.R.!!!

It was good, it kinda lost its scaryness towards the end. Either that or I only played with the lights on and my brother in the room. Anyways, im installing the expansion pack. Ill buy the 2nd expansion pack tomorrow.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No no no no no no no no no no no!

Leave it there, don't waste your time.

17. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

I think F.E.A.R. is one of the best FPS games of recent times, I found it really creepy the first time I played it, especially with surround sound headphones and the lights out, not so creepy on repeat playings but still a great game.
    I'm still very impressed with the clone troopers AI - especially the bits where they tip over furniture for cover, crawl under knocked over cabinets and jump through windows. I also liked the notion that when they get wounded they sometimes limp away whilst returning fire plus I still maintain that F.E.A.R. has the best shotgun of any FPS - simply awesome!
    I tried Extraction Point on my old pc but it couldn't handle the game and kept grinding to a halt so I gave up, I simply haven't got around to it on my new set up but I will.

18. DarkCreep

Yeah same here. I liked how everything was so interactive.

I finished Extraction Point today and the ending sucked. I knew they were planning the sequal, but it was too bland. Just kill a few clones and a guy with a Mini gun and the end. Ive done that like 20 times in the game already, something with a little more pizzaz wouldve been cool.

One thing I did get sick of was how it was soo repetitive. Just walking through random buildings, rooms, hallways, and tunnels to look for the next clones to appear. It was wayy too repetitive. The only incentive that kept me playing was the AI, interactiveness, guns, and the slo mo. Also, for pretty much the whole game you had to meet up with someone, and when you almost got to them, they got killed.

So after all these bad reviews of Persus Mandate, I probably wont be picking it up.

19. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I wouldn't either.

For some reason, I think the expansion pack was actually worse graphically. It didn't really make any sense, but, just look.

[​IMG]

WTH is with the N64 looking grenade launcher. That with the graphical settings on max.

The original was much better IMO.

20. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

Great game, loved every minute of the single player. Not had much luck with the MP though, can't find any decent servers.

Tags: